Will T-Mac get past the First Round

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by nyk buc

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

I wanna see how they respond to the losing streak being broken... They've got LA, Boston, New Orleans, Golden State, Phoenix and San Antonio (the last 4 are road trips) before the end of the month, and I wanna see how they respond coming off a loss.

There's still about 20 games left, so it'll be interesting to see if they're peaking a bit too soon...

wow, u said the exact same thing as tmac did yesterday. he said he knew the streak will end sometime, but he wants to see how they respond in the next few games. i think they're prepared. we all know the streak will end sooner or later.

It's the absolute truth. 100% fact. Once they get beat and have the air knocked out of them a little bit, how they respond the next couple of games will be far more telling of what this team is going to do than this 19 game win streak is telling us now... If they get punched in the mouth and the streak ends, and they come out and follow it up with a couple more losses, then what?

that's true. a sign of a great team is consistency, even after adversity. they'll have the streak broken soon. we'll see how they respond.

SHUGES wrote:
Corey > Tracy....
indifferent.gif

Ok, let's see how many GMs would take Maggette before McGrady.

I don't know if dudes on here realize that when they make comments like that just for attention, it makes people not take some of the other stuff they say seriously.

Either way, I'm not surprised this thread has turned into a "Bash Tracy McGrady" thread.

And as usual, the bashing is led by a Laker fan.

Relax man. I was making a point with the Corey?TMac deal. One guy been to the second round and is a decent player, the other guy hasn't.

And get off the "led by a Laker fan" crap. Buc and i have had many conversations like this about Kobe, or TMac or others and I'm not sittinghere yelling at him, or saying that Kobe is better then MJ or any of that. Just because I like the Lakers doesn't mean I don't know anything. Go lookat the shooting guard list, see who the first person was to wonder why the logo was below Kobe. You'll see my name. I haven't posted in that threadsince, I knew it was a waste of time. Got Ska over there writin essays and sh*&.
laugh.gif

I made a point and it wasn't popular and it led to a discussion. Bottom line. I said simply that I don't want to hear dudes name ever again if heflames out in the first round. That's it. We started talking from there. So if you consider that "bashing" then I'm sorry you don'tknow how to interepret things correctly. But the thing is, this is the THIRD straight year that this thread has been opened. 3 years in a row someone hasasked the simple question, Will Tmac make it to the second round. Don't you think that says a lot right there? I do.

So if you think I just typed all this stuff with Buc for "attention" or am merely having a conversation here at work with a guy that doesn't getrattled, and he doesn't seem to be all pissed or anything, so we are bouncing some trash talk back and forth. If you wish to partake, please form someopinions and go for it. Don't just start with "Laker fan". That's absurd.

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

NO!

- the rockests will not even make the playoffs......print that. they will crash and it will be fast and hard.....sig bets anyone?
Son, step your game up.

I'll SN bet you the Rockets make the playoffs.

Loser never posts again under current SN

Originally Posted by franchise3

It's ok to think T-Mac is a joke for not getting into the second round.

It's ok to not like T-Mac period.

But your basketball opinion is null and void when you would rather have guys like Horry + Magette on your team over T-Mac.

Null and void.
laugh.gif

Man I'm sorry, but look where I'm coming from. Rockets fans of all people should know about Horry, he started it with you.

Someone tell me how many people in the history of the NBA, THE ENTIRE HISTORY of the NBA have won mulitple chips with 3 different teams? Not muliple ringswith different teams, not with two, or not one ring with 3 teams, but at least 2 rings with THREE TEAMS. The answer? One. Just one.

THE ENTIRE NBA, just one. Robert Horry. Now I said already, I know he has no numbers, I know he was a role player in SA, but he was a starter in HOU and LAand he didn't just sit around and show up for the parade. He won games, he won series with his shots, or his D, or his clutch.

I know who the better basketball player is, I'm not stupid, but who is the better winner? Does that clear up my point a little bit?

TMac 30 points a game > Horry 8 points a game.

Horry 65 series wins > TMac zero series wins.

So if you want a guy to put up stats in the regular season, then he's your guy. If you want to win in the playoffs, who would you rather have then?

Null and void my dude.

So with that logic, you would rather have Horry right now then your very own, Pau Gasol.

People act like playoffs come around, and T-Mac CHOKES. He pulls an ARod and starts not doing anything.

Dude carried the Orlando Magic to the playoffs every year on his back. Yes, he didn't win, but it was a one man show.

With the Rockets, T-Mac lost two Game 7's. No fault to him though if you actually watched both playoff series'

T-Mac is a monster come playoff time. He performs. Check the stats and get back to me.

TRUE though, even through all that, he HASN'T made it into the second round.

And that really is a shame.

But to rather have Magette or Horry on ANY team over T-Mac is so riculous, it doesn't even warrant arguement.

LA Lakers right now, heading into the playoffs.

You would rather have Horry or Magette over Gasol or McGrady on your team.

Reread that, and see how stupid that looks
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

NO!

- the rockests will not even make the playoffs......print that. they will crash and it will be fast and hard.....sig bets anyone?

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
ROCKETS will make the playoff but will lose in the firstround.....ILL BET HAHAH

Originally Posted by CP1708

SHUGES wrote:
Corey > Tracy....
indifferent.gif

Ok, let's see how many GMs would take Maggette before McGrady.

I don't know if dudes on here realize that when they make comments like that just for attention, it makes people not take some of the other stuff they say seriously.

Either way, I'm not surprised this thread has turned into a "Bash Tracy McGrady" thread.

And as usual, the bashing is led by a Laker fan.

Relax man. I was making a point with the Corey?TMac deal. One guy been to the second round and is a decent player, the other guy hasn't.

And get off the "led by a Laker fan" crap. Buc and i have had many conversations like this about Kobe, or TMac or others and I'm not sitting here yelling at him, or saying that Kobe is better then MJ or any of that. Just because I like the Lakers doesn't mean I don't know anything. Go look at the shooting guard list, see who the first person was to wonder why the logo was below Kobe. You'll see my name. I haven't posted in that thread since, I knew it was a waste of time. Got Ska over there writin essays and sh*&.
laugh.gif

I made a point and it wasn't popular and it led to a discussion. Bottom line. I said simply that I don't want to hear dudes name ever again if he flames out in the first round. That's it. We started talking from there. So if you consider that "bashing" then I'm sorry you don't know how to interepret things correctly. But the thing is, this is the THIRD straight year that this thread has been opened. 3 years in a row someone has asked the simple question, Will Tmac make it to the second round. Don't you think that says a lot right there? I do.

So if you think I just typed all this stuff with Buc for "attention" or am merely having a conversation here at work with a guy that doesn't get rattled, and he doesn't seem to be all pissed or anything, so we are bouncing some trash talk back and forth. If you wish to partake, please form some opinions and go for it. Don't just start with "Laker fan". That's absurd.

laugh.gif

That's why I put "it makes people not take some of the other stuff they say seriously".

Cuz I'm like, how can someone bring good points in other threads and then say something as crazy as Maggette > T-Mac?

Trust me, I'm the VERY LAST person who will ever root for *ahem* a certain other player. But I'll just about always give him his props as aplayer.

So when you say things like you'll take Horry > T-Mac, I have to ask if you would REALLY take Horry on the Lakers right now instead of T-Mac.

Or Maggette on the Lakers RIGHT NOW instead of T-Mac.

Do you realize how nuts that sounds?
laugh.gif

Yeah true, you may have been trying to make a point. But some people stop reading once they see crazy stuff like that. It immediately makes you look likeyou're making a very biased assessment.

franchise3 wrote:
Null and void my dude.

So with that logic, you would rather have Horry right now then your very own, Pau Gasol.

People act like playoffs come around, and T-Mac CHOKES. He pulls an ARod and starts not doing anything.

Dude carried the Orlando Magic to the playoffs every year on his back. Yes, he didn't win, but it was a one man show.

With the Rockets, T-Mac lost two Game 7's. No fault to him though if you actually watched both playoff series'

T-Mac is a monster come playoff time. He performs. Check the stats and get back to me.

TRUE though, even through all that, he HASN'T made it into the second round.

And that really is a shame.

But to rather have Magette or Horry on ANY team over T-Mac is so riculous, it doesn't even warrant arguement.

LA Lakers right now, heading into the playoffs.

You would rather have Horry or Magette over Gasol or McGrady on your team.

Reread that, and see how stupid that looks
laugh.gif

I'm not talkin Horry today, I'm talkin Horry career vs Tracy career. Horry from 93 up til, TMac from 97 up til.

So obviously today i would rather have Gasol, but he's 27. If Horry were 27 and had only like 3 rings at the time, or whatever he had at 27, I'drather have Horry.

I mentioned above that the Corey Magette comment was to make a point about someone making it to the next round vs someone who hadn't.

And I never said Mac choked in the playoffs, I said he's never won a series. He can average 50 for all I care, he's never played in May. It was mypoint from the start.

If that makes my argument null and void because I think Horry has had a better career of achievements, then so be it. I'll live.

So if you want a guy to put up stats in the regular season, then he's your guy. If you want to win in the playoffs, who would you rather have then?
T-Mac over Horry, everyday of the week. Two times on Sunday.

You're making it sound like you'd rather take Horry + Magette right now, since they've done something in the playoffs, over Pau + McGrady, whohasn't made it out the first round.

So, that was my response, to your remarks.

[table][tr][td]
Career Playoff Averages
[/td] [td]
stats_header_lft.gif
[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Year[/td] [td]Team[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]GS[/td] [td]MPG[/td] [td]FG%[/td] [td]3P%[/td] [td]FT%[/td] [td]OFF[/td] [td]DEF[/td] [td]RPG[/td] [td]APG[/td] [td]SPG[/td] [td]BPG[/td] [td]TO[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]PPG[/td] [/tr][tr][td]99-00[/td] [td]TOR[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]37.0[/td] [td]0.386[/td] [td]0.286[/td] [td]0.875[/td] [td]3.3[/td] [td]3.7[/td] [td]7.0[/td] [td]3.0[/td] [td]1.0[/td] [td]1.0[/td] [td]3.33[/td] [td]3.30[/td] [td]16.7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]00-01[/td] [td]ORL[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]44.5[/td] [td]0.415[/td] [td]0.200[/td] [td]0.816[/td] [td]1.5[/td] [td]5.0[/td] [td]6.5[/td] [td]8.3[/td] [td]1.8[/td] [td]1.2[/td] [td]2.00[/td] [td]2.80[/td] [td]33.8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]01-02[/td] [td]ORL[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]44.5[/td] [td]0.462[/td] [td]0.313[/td] [td]0.739[/td] [td]1.5[/td] [td]4.8[/td] [td]6.3[/td] [td]5.5[/td] [td]0.5[/td] [td]1.8[/td] [td]3.25[/td] [td]2.80[/td] [td]30.8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]02-03[/td] [td]ORL[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]44.0[/td] [td]0.448[/td] [td]0.340[/td] [td]0.773[/td] [td]1.4[/td] [td]5.3[/td] [td]6.7[/td] [td]4.7[/td] [td]2.0[/td] [td]0.9[/td] [td]3.71[/td] [td]2.30[/td] [td]31.7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]04-05[/td] [td]HOU[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]43.0[/td] [td]0.456[/td] [td]0.370[/td] [td]0.824[/td] [td]1.7[/td] [td]5.7[/td] [td]7.4[/td] [td]6.7[/td] [td]1.6[/td] [td]1.4[/td] [td]3.71[/td] [td]2.90[/td] [td]30.7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]06-07[/td] [td]HOU[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]40.0[/td] [td]0.394[/td] [td]0.250[/td] [td]0.737[/td] [td]0.7[/td] [td]5.1[/td] [td]5.9[/td] [td]7.3[/td] [td]0.7[/td] [td]0.9[/td] [td]3.00[/td] [td]1.70[/td] [td]25.3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Career[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]32[/td] [td]32[/td] [td]42.4[/td] [td]0.431[/td] [td]0.315[/td] [td]0.781[/td] [td]1.5[/td] [td]5.1[/td] [td]6.6[/td] [td]6.1[/td] [td]1.3[/td] [td]1.2[/td] [td]3.25[/td] [td]2.50[/td] [td]28.8[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]
Career Playoff Averages
[/td] [td]
stats_header_lft.gif
[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Year[/td] [td]Team[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]GS[/td] [td]MPG[/td] [td]FG%[/td] [td]3P%[/td] [td]FT%[/td] [td]OFF[/td] [td]DEF[/td] [td]RPG[/td] [td]APG[/td] [td]SPG[/td] [td]BPG[/td] [td]TO[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]PPG[/td] [/tr][tr][td]03-04[/td] [td]MEM[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]33.5[/td] [td]0.571[/td] [td]0.000[/td] [td]0.900[/td] [td]1.0[/td] [td]4.0[/td] [td]5.0[/td] [td]2.5[/td] [td]1.0[/td] [td]1.5[/td] [td]1.25[/td] [td]2.50[/td] [td]18.5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]04-05[/td] [td]MEM[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]33.3[/td] [td]0.488[/td] [td]1.000[/td] [td]0.500[/td] [td]3.8[/td] [td]3.8[/td] [td]7.5[/td] [td]2.5[/td] [td]0.5[/td] [td]1.8[/td] [td]1.75[/td] [td]3.00[/td] [td]21.3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]05-06[/td] [td]MEM[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]39.5[/td] [td]0.433[/td] [td]0.000[/td] [td]0.767[/td] [td]1.0[/td] [td]5.8[/td] [td]6.8[/td] [td]3.0[/td] [td]0.5[/td] [td]1.2[/td] [td]2.75[/td] [td]2.80[/td] [td]20.3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Career[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]35.4[/td] [td]0.490[/td] [td]0.500[/td] [td]0.758[/td] [td]1.9[/td] [td]4.5[/td] [td]6.4[/td] [td]2.7[/td] [td]0.7[/td] [td]1.5[/td] [td]1.92[/td] [td]2.80[/td] [td]20.0[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]
Career Playoff Averages
[/td] [td]
stats_header_lft.gif
[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Year[/td] [td]Team[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]GS[/td] [td]MPG[/td] [td]FG%[/td] [td]3P%[/td] [td]FT%[/td] [td]OFF[/td] [td]DEF[/td] [td]RPG[/td] [td]APG[/td] [td]SPG[/td] [td]BPG[/td] [td]TO[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]PPG[/td] [/tr][tr][td]05-06[/td] [td]LAC[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]24.3[/td] [td]0.467[/td] [td]0.333[/td] [td]0.910[/td] [td]0.6[/td] [td]6.7[/td] [td]7.3[/td] [td]1.4[/td] [td]0.6[/td] [td]0.4[/td] [td]2.17[/td] [td]3.30[/td] [td]15.3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Career[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]24.3[/td] [td]0.467[/td] [td]0.333[/td] [td]0.910[/td] [td]0.6[/td] [td]6.7[/td] [td]7.3[/td] [td]1.4[/td] [td]0.6[/td] [td]0.4[/td] [td]2.17[/td] [td]3.30[/td] [td]15.3[/td] [/tr][/table]

Yes, I know numbers aren't everything.

Just posting for the people who insist that it's T-Mac who doesn't pull his weight or that it's always his fault that his team gets eliminated inthe 1st round.

Maggette can't even GET to the playoffs.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by acidicality

laugh.gif

And this is why a certain fanbase has a really bad rep on this board
ohwell.gif

Man, come on. I don't speak for anyone else or any other fans. Because I say that Horry has had a better career or Maggette has done something thatTMac hasn't is not a "Laker fan" thing. Hell, based on all the captain save a Tracy reponses pouring in from fans of other teams, the Laker fansthat read this will probably bash me. That's ok, it's my own opinion.

Franchise asked if I'd rather have Horry right now, I know that he is old. I'm comparing careers. The comparison I am making is throughoutHorry's career he is a winner, and TMac hasn't showed me anything. You said yourself, you'd rather have TMac any day of the week and twice onSunday. Well, for the last 10 years that would mean you would be out in the first round. Horry would have 5 rings in the last 10 years. And he was damnclose to at least 2 others. Of course TMac is better today, but for the past 10, (in the playoffs) Horry has been better. My opinion, null and void, I know.
laugh.gif

Go reread the thread.

You're the one posting Corey > Tracy and saying you'd rather have Horry right now over T-mac. ..or Gasol for that matter.

Of course TMac is better today, but for the past 10, (in the playoffs) Horry has been better.

Horry > Kobe ..because he has more rings

And because Kobe hasn't shown me anything since Shaq left.

Prove to me you can without Shaq, then I'll give Kobe his kudos.

laugh.gif

Also, the whole Robert Horry winning arguement is stupid.

Dude was on teams with SHaq, Kobe, Duncan, Manu, Parker, Dream, etc.

Yes, he's hit a couple of big shots, but he's been a role player on a lot of championship teams.

T-Mac has to carry and will his teams to win.

So yeah, true, Robert has gone farther in the playoffs. Has won championships.

But put it in perspective. His success doesn't downplay anybody else's game. Or should be used as some measuring stick to live up to or compare to.

Apples and oranges.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Of course TMac is better today, but for the past 10, (in the playoffs) Horry has been better.

Horry > Kobe ..because he has more rings

And because Kobe hasn't shown me anything since Shaq left.

Prove to me you can without Shaq, then I'll give Kobe his kudos.

laugh.gif

Buc and I talked about this, and i agree that Kobe hasn't done anything the last two years. That's where I brought in Smush and Kwame as starters. MJ couldn't have won with those two as starters.
laugh.gif
No argumenthere, but he has won in his career. So you can't compare them. Yes Kobe had Shaq, but what is Yao? He been in the league like 6 years now right?

I was just being sarcastic, to show you that it's dumb to bring up Robert Horry when talking about T-Mac.

Ohh, and in before OneTrust reads all of this and posts.
laugh.gif

franchise3 wrote:
I was just being sarcastic, to show you that it's dumb to bring up Robert Horry when talking about T-Mac.

Ohh, and in before OneTrust reads all of this and posts.
laugh.gif

Man, I forgot about him. He's killed me a couple of times. Oh well, my whole point at the beginning was simple. He better win the first round thisyear. If not, I'll shut this place down with threads for all the beatings I've taken the last two years talkin bout TMac. If you guys do win,I'll be in and pat you all on the back and congratulate Tracy for reaching Maggette status.
laugh.gif

Ohh, and in before OneTrust reads all of this and posts
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Man i'm reading this at work and
smh.gif
at the Horry andMagette comparisons. It's all good though, however I don't get how just a WEEK ago, everyone was acting like it was a wrap for Houston even MAKING theplayoffs. Now all of a sudden, if they don't make it out the first round, Tmac is trash?

And like my man Shuges posted, check his numbers. Hell, not even just numbers but WATCH those playoff games if you think Tmac doesnt' do MORE than hisshare. Y'all act like his teammates in the past have been doing what they are doing RIGHT NOW, at THIS moment. If that was the case and Tmac still lost,i really have no explanation.
Man, I forgot about him. He's killed me a couple of times. Oh well, my whole point at the beginning was simple. He better win the first round this year. If not, I'll shut this place down with threads for all the beatings I've taken the last two years talkin bout TMac. If you guys do win, I'll be in and pat you all on the back and congratulate Tracy for reaching Maggette status

laugh.gif
Man it's all good. I respect where you coming from. I justthink everyone took your comparisons the wrong way. I do understand your point though.

Nevermind the fact that Horry has been surrounded by multiple great players everywhere he has gone...

In Houston he had Hakeem Olajuwon, Sam Cassell, Vernon Maxwell, Otis Thorpe in '94, Clyde Drexler in '95...
In Los Angeles he had Shaquille O'Neal, Kobe Bryant, Derek Fisher, that whole damn squad...
In San Antonio he's had Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili, Tony Parker...

Sure, he's hit his fair share of shots that have really helped the teams, but you're acting like Horry could come out and single-handedly carry a teamto a championship.

And I'm probably one of Horry's biggest fans on this site (judging by the replies about Horry after last year's NBA Finals...).

Originally Posted by OneTrust

laugh.gif
Man it's all good. I respect where you coming from. I just think everyone took your comparisons the wrong way. I do understand your point though.

Yeah, I kinda understood where he was coming from. That's why I didn't try to go off too much. Only one stoneface.
laugh.gif

Sometimes I can get a little boisterous. But I promised ska I'd work on my anger management.
laugh.gif

But you know I always gotta step up for Mac.
pimp.gif

roll.gif
Horry rode great players' coattails to championships, and he's had a better, more accomplished career than McGrady... STOP IT.

This is the most asinine, illogical argument I've ever read on this board.
He better win the first round this year.
Why? You act as if this will be the best chance he'll have ever had... If anything, this is going to be one of the most difficult. The West isbetter than ever, and Tracy is going into the playoffs down one big gun... If Yao were healthy, I'd agree with you. But without the big man, the Rocketsare simply shorthanded and not as talented as most of the teams in the Western Conference playoff picture...

And everyone knows I'm not a big Tracy McGrady supporter. But Corey Maggette, Pau Gasol and Robert Horry? Good lord.

Back
Top Bottom