Will they stay or will they go? - Juniors to the NFL

I wonder if Ray Rice will return kicks on the next level? Did he do any of that at Rutgers? I would think that the success of MJD (even tho he did that atUCLA) would get a lot of teams thinking....

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Pimp, please tell me there's another Bobby Reid that I dont know about, cuz it cant be the one that played QB for Oklahoma state.

laugh.gif
hey if tarvaris jackson is a starting qb in the leaguethere might be some hope for reid.

yea i think Calais Campbell should have stayed but he didnt really have that good of a year this year, so i wont really miss him that much

did Cornelius Ingram from Florida declare ?

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I wonder if Ray Rice will return kicks on the next level? Did he do any of that at Rutgers? I would think that the success of MJD (even tho he did that at UCLA) would get a lot of teams thinking....

No Ray never really returned kicks. So i don't know how that will transform into the L.

He is a monster though and why risk injury? He should be a 1st rounder.

laugh.gif
Bobby Reid ain't have any choice though. He's not getting that job back at OSU, and honestly, what good is it gonna do him to go play at somelow-major program against a bunch of nobodies? He has no shot at an NFL career as a QB anyways, so he might as well catch on with some practice squad now andfigure out how to run some routes.

Ray is a bonafied everydown back with quickness, explosion and vision. Hes a shorter faster Rudi Johnson

Ray Rice is an ANIMAL. Anybody know where he will probably end up if he declares. I think he should go 1st round easily, anyone know for sure.

280, 4 TDs
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Ray Rice isn't fast enough to return punts/kicks. He's more of a power back. He has great vision and quickness, but not speed. When he breaks a big onehe usually gets run down by the other teams secondary.

It's still fairly iffy on where Rice will fall, hence why he hasn't declared yet. Personally, I think he goes early in the 3rd. I think the Rutgerscoaching staff thinks he might fall 3rd/early 4th...so he still has to get more input on his stock.

The combine will more than likely hurt his draft. He has crazy numbers and really had the best possible bowl game with 280yds/4tds.

I think he declares, he can't risk injury and his family needs the money.

HEY

lay off the hate with Reid, lol

imo, he got pulled too early this year....he played well the season before

Maybe it was just the hype I put on him this year

What a bust he and that team were this year, smh

Aqib Talib and Anthony Collins have both announced that they will be entering the NFL Draft.

[table][tr][td] declared for 2008 NFL Draft[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Name[/td] [td]School[/td] [td]Position[/td] [td]Year[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Branden Albert[/td] [td]Virginia[/td] [td]OG[/td] [td]Junior[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Martellus Bennett[/td] [td]Texas A&M[/td] [td]TE[/td] [td]Junior[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Davone Bess[/td] [td]Hawaii[/td] [td]WR[/td] [td]Junior[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Calais Campbell[/td] [td]Miami[/td] [td]DE[/td] [td]Junior[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jamaal Charles[/td] [td]Texas[/td] [td]RB[/td] [td]Junior[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Ryan Clady[/td] [td]Boise State[/td] [td]OL[/td] [td]Junior[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Anthony Collins[/td] [td]Kansas[/td] [td]OT[/td] [td]Junior[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jermichael Finley[/td] [td]Texas[/td] [td]TE[/td] [td]Sophomore[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Brandon Flowers[/td] [td]Virginia Tech[/td] [td]CB[/td] [td]Junior[/td] [/tr][tr][td]James Hardy[/td] [td]Indiana[/td] [td]WR[/td] [td]Junior[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Derrick Harvey[/td] [td]Florida[/td] [td]DE[/td] [td]Junior[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Erin Henderson[/td] [td]Maryland[/td] [td]LB[/td] [td]Junior[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jack Ikegwuonu[/td] [td]Wisconsin[/td] [td]CB[/td] [td]Junior[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Kevin Smith[/td] [td]UCF[/td] [td]RB[/td] [td]Junior[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Taj Smith[/td] [td]Syracuse[/td] [td]WR[/td] [td]Junior[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Aqib Talib[/td] [td]Kansas[/td] [td]CB[/td] [td]Junior[/td] [/tr][/table]

What's the rule for college players entering the draft? Is it just 3 years removed from high school? For instance, Jermichael Finley...he's only aSoph., but since he redshirted, does that count as 3 years?

And is it just me or are there really not that many Sophomores that enter the draft?

^^^ Yeah a redshirt sophmore can declare for the draft. It's pretty rare that players are ready for NFL after just 2 years of college football though.

Damn Texas looked like they were going to be strong next season but losing Jamaal Charles and Finley will hurt them. Whatever happened to players staying 4years with Mack Brown
laugh.gif

I read that Jonathan Stewart is still enrolled at Oregon for winter classes...

...But I'll hold my breath until an official announcement from him.

Back
Top Bottom