WINDOWS 10

pretty funny how win. 10 runs perfectly on a mac while pc users are having issues 
laugh.gif

mean.gif

and cortana is dope af when using edge.

anyone having trouble getting their computer out of sleep mode?  I have my laptop set to sleep when I close it

but when I open it after updating to 10 it wont wake, the keyboard is lit but the screen is black and I have to do a hard restart
Have you tried manually turning on the screen? It's one of the function keys on most laptops.
I did some searching around and see that others are having this problem as well and it seems to be a problem with the NVidia drivers

anyone having trouble getting their computer out of sleep mode?  I have my laptop set to sleep when I close it
but when I open it after updating to 10 it wont wake, the keyboard is lit but the screen is black and I have to do a hard restart

Have you tried manually turning on the screen? It's one of the function keys on most laptops.
I did some searching around and see that others are having this problem as well and it seems to be a problem with the NVidia drivers

HP pc ?

Last edited:

pretty funny how win. 10 runs perfectly on a mac while pc users are having issues 
laugh.gif

mean.gif

and cortana is dope af when using edge.
Yeah that's pretty funny. I'm reading a lot of people are having driver issues and just basic functionality issues. Glad I didn't upgrade.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

My HP is acting up now. I can't even bring up the start menu. Almost none of my programs will load... BS. It runs flawlessly on my Surface Pro though. Go figure.

What the h*ll do you all do with these laptops?  This OS, like most OS's is literally plug in play.. upgraded 2 laptops, a tablet and a desktop with 0 issues thus far.

My HP is acting up now. I can't even bring up the start menu. Almost none of my programs will load... BS. It runs flawlessly on my Surface Pro though. Go figure.
:smh: This sounds like the problem I'm having. Worked for a few days but now I can't even get anything open.

Just upgraded my Dell laptop.. I'm digging it so far, it will definitely grow on me more. As someone who cares for aesthetics (like Mac products), I enjoy a fresh look. This laptop unfortunately does not have touchscreen, but I'm ok with that since I already have an Android tablet.

just got the updates today for my Sony laptop and and 2 PC

I'm not installing yet tho...Gonna wait a few months before I install

Last edited:
Anybody?

or even a link on how to downgrade back to my old version :lol:

I had issues with video too, are you getting the green screen?

Make sure flash is updated, and turned on in >add ons(firefox).

What solved it for me is Windows key + X, device manager, 'display adapter' and right click uninstall video card, for me it's AMD Radeon 6530d.

download the newest version for Win 10 from the manufacture site, install, it will ask to reboot, it fixed my video issues.

Also another thing that pissed me off was that system updates were needed, I couldn't get my BT headphones to work until I manually checked for new system updates.

Think I'll probably reformat in 6 months, which will be back to Windows 7., 10 isn't too bad but 7 is a bit easier/less buggy imo. Win 10 seems more like using an XB1 than a PC...smh :smh:

Last edited:
Sucks you guys are having issues. I upgraded both my pc and parents pc (both built by me) on release day and it's been buttery smooth for me. The only issue I ran into was on this clients HP. It took me 4 tries to install it due to an error. The error was caused by the Windows.old folders on the C: Drive. After I renamed the folder it installed with no issue. 

^ what are the different options?

W10
W10KN
W10N...
Windows 10 N is the Europe version and Windows 10 KN is for Korea. I believe these are missing features like Windows Media Player, but I am not sure. I would stick to either Windows 10 or Windows 10 Pro if you have the professional version of Windows 7 or 8.1.

Thanks. Just about finished installing. Turns out you don't need to know the version other than 32 or 64-bit. It just gives you the appropriate version for what you already have.

This is just my little netbook - just a 1.67 processor and 2Gb of ram so I'll see how it runs - it was a bit sluggish with W7.

For those who successfully installed 10, how're you liking it?

I'm a big fan of 7 and my new SSD makes everything much faster, so I'm not sure if the upgrade to 10 is worth it.

I had it since like 2 days after the release date. It's really good, as close to perfect as you can get IMO. 7 was great but man this is purrrrrrrrfect so far!

For those who successfully installed 10, how're you liking it?

I'm a big fan of 7 and my new SSD makes everything much faster, so I'm not sure if the upgrade to 10 is worth it.
I am liking it so far. I haven't really had a chance to get a full in depth look due to finals, but I will be going in and doing some tweaks this week. From what I can tell as of right now it is faster than Win7. Before the upgrade I had a desktop with Win7 and two ssd's and a laptop with Win8.1 and two ssd's. I can tell the difference in speed coming from Win7, but there is very little difference from Win8.1.
Instructions on how to download the 10 upgrade for later use and do a clean install?
Download the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool

Run It

Choose The Option To Create Media Device (I forgot the terminology)

Burn It To A Disk or Create A Bootable USB Drive (this can be done through the Media Creation Tool)

Install It When Your Ready

finally fixed my touch pad scrolling so now it's working but I swear it's backwards. It used to be swiping down would go down on the page but now it goes up? and I swear my start up got slower with windows 10 =___=

Anyone else have this happen? I'm a asus user

Back
Top Bottom