Windows 7 out now

I have mine pre-ordered. Release date is October 22, so hopefully the digital download will be available tonight at midnight. I copped the digital download anddisc with the student discount. It looks good. I used the beta version for a short wile and it seemed pretty functional. The reviews are promising.

Student Discount Link

I been had that @%#@.

roll.gif

Is it true that you have to format your computer to install it?

I would also like to get the student discount, I still have my college email address and I remember someone saying that all you need is that.

Originally Posted by BdeaZy

I got mine for free, I'm a student. Does that make you a fool?

Yes because I dont know how to use torrents and read readme.txt files. I'm a fool.

Originally Posted by RFX45

I would also like to get the student discount, I still have my college email address and I remember someone saying that all you need is that.

No. The student discount versions only have upgrades (the one that upgrades from your current version of windows. IE, you dont have to format). They offerPremium and Professional for the same price. I copped Pro.

Originally Posted by In The Line For VIIs

I'm actually more curious about the Microsoft Store. Could be great...could flop bad, we'll see.

What's that about? Built in app in Windows where you can buy stuff?

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Yes because I dont know how to use torrents and read readme.txt files. I'm a fool.

No. The student discount versions only have upgrades (the one that upgrades from your current version of windows. IE, you dont have to format). They offer Premium and Professional for the same price. I copped Pro.

So with the link you provided, I could just upgrade from Vista to Windows 7 without formatting?
Sorry but I am not the best when it comes to technology.

I'm actually more curious about the Microsoft Store. Could be great...could flop bad, we'll see.

Naw, Microsoft physical retail stores. First one is opening tomorrow in Scottsdale.

RFX45 wrote:

RFX45 wrote:

No. The student discount versions only have upgrades (the one that upgrades from your current version of windows. IE, you dont have to format). They offer Premium and Professional for the same price. I copped Pro.

So with the link you provided, I could just upgrade from Vista to Windows 7 without formatting?

Yes. If you have a qualifying .edu email account.

Naw, Microsoft physical retail stores. First one is opening tomorrow in Scottsdale.

Ohhhh, I remember hearing about this. Yeah.. Sounds kinda iffy. I saw something about a clothing line they're doing called Softwear as well.

What do you have to send to them as proof of attending a university? I have an edu addy already.

It's gonna overlap unless you change to a 64-bit from a 32bit
windows-upgrade-chart.png

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

I'm not sure what that means...

haha you are a fool, nobody mentioned torrents. I don't use torrents. why you bring that up (foolish) I got Windows 7 Pro/Enterprise free
Storefront URL: http://msdn01.e-academy.com/dvc_cs
Date of Order: 2009-09-29

Product: IT Academy Course: Windows Server 1 Download @ $0.00 USD = $0.00 USD

Product: Virtual PC for Mac 7.0.2
1 Download @ $0.00 USD = $0.00 USD

Product: Windows 7 Language Pack (x64) - DVD (Multilanguage)

Product: Windows 7 Language Pack (x86) - DVD (Multilanguage)

Product: Windows 7 Professional (x64) - DVD (English)

Product: Windows 7 Professional (x86) - DVD (English)

Product: Windows Server 2008 Enterprise and Standard - DVD

Product: Windows Server 2008 Enterprise and Standard 64bit - DVD

Product: Windows XP Professional with SP3 (Single User) ISO Image

Product: Windows XP Service Pack 3 (x86) - CD (English)

Method of Payment: No Charge

Serial Number
===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== =====

windows-upgrade-chart.png

^^^
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ that graph. Windows upgrades are so annoying and overpriced. I been using Windows 7 for about a week now, its pretty cool. I only use it to runFruity Loops but its a lot easier to multitask. Once they get Spaces and Expose' then I can use it for more. But until then, Snow Leopard OS X >>>>> Windows 7.

I'm not sure what that means...
If you have Vista you have either one, go through your system and check.
And that pic is pretty self explanatory.
Vista 32-bit upgrading to Windows 7 32-bit, it will overlap and nothing gets reformatted, which is what I'm doing

I would like to know as well.

Back
Top Bottom