Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty : Season 2 Out Now

These old rich Dudes need to chill out man. It's a TV show on HBO. It's not tarnishing your legacy. It's not ruining your career. It's a TV show on cable man. Relax. Taking the supreme Court. Give me a freaking break. Mega Johnson's acting like he wasn't a wild boy out there Man. We know you were wilding out

I'm not him ofcourse but his portrayal really isn't that bad imo. Maybe it brings up painful memories having to relive some moments but they also show clearly his greatness and why he's a legend. Tbh I thought Kareem might have some bones to pick but looks like he kinda just brushed it off.

I'm not him ofcourse but his portrayal really isn't that bad imo. Maybe it brings up painful memories having to relive some moments but they also show clearly his greatness and why he's a legend. Tbh I thought Kareem might have some bones to pick but looks like he kinda just brushed it off.

Kareem is a novelist so he just intuitively gets the demands of storytelling.
In his review he seemed less annoyed by the inaccuracies and more annoyed by the creative decisions in general.

Calling the show "boring" tho I think is absurd.
but I can understand how it could read as a boring pastiche to someone who lived it.

Last edited:
I'm not the biggest Bird fan, but they really trying to portray my man as a tobacco chewing bud light drinking redneck? :rofl:

I'm not the biggest Bird fan, but they really trying to portray my man as a tobacco chewing bud light drinking redneck? :rofl:
:stoneface:
For an athlete with such impressive skills and a rigorous training routine, at times Larry would simply let himself go. Early in his career, he would not only chew tobacco (much to the disgust of his teammates) but also drink heavily on more than one “victory night.” One time, he even managed to drink the giant Charles Barkley under the table, a feat few could match. Worse than that was the time when, due to an injury, he was unable to play

1651363988654.png

These old rich Dudes need to chill out man. It's a TV show on HBO. It's not tarnishing your legacy. It's not ruining your career. It's a TV show on cable man. Relax. Taking the supreme Court. Give me a freaking break. Mega Johnson's acting like he wasn't a wild boy out there Man. We know you were wilding out

Sadly this the most some people might know of these people

That’s why Jordan doing last dance was so important.. you got ALOT of people who don’t realize the level of athleticism even from then

It’s not me, so it’s easy to say what impact it isn’t having on their names and legacies

But as a sports fan and a dude who played a ton of sports, the dumb shh that gets sad just annoys me.. so I don’t blame them dudes who reached that level and excelled at that level being bothered by some (or any) of this sh

But even Last Dance was vilified for its portrayal of Scottie, Horace Grant and Isiah Thomas.

No one is ever going to get it 100% right. Everyone has their own truths.

Everyone has their side of a story

but my point is, last dance gave way too many people a chance to see jordan do work

I am not surprised when I hear some of the dumb shh that gets said about sports

Man. Just caught up to the last episode and this week’s.

Dr Buss Buns smh. And Magic making thots appear like pigeons from a hat.

They love breaking that fourth wall.

Kareem teaching Magic the skyhook felt like an anime where a sensei teaches his pupil the deadly move.

Back
Top Bottom