Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty : Season 2 Out Now

The actor that plays Jerry West is Australian :wow:

Crazy how well British and Australian actors can do American accents.

Show is horrible imo. When shows "break the 4th wall" maybe one character does it..but not every single person on the show. It's also moving at a snails pace its only what 10 episodes and it starts off with Magic getting his diagnosis and now we're two episodes in and he's still chasing after cookie and buying his mom a hot tub. Nobody is tuning in to see him play pick up in Michigan, get to the showtime already. With only 10 episodes nobody gives a fk about the made up stuff, just give us the story of the showtime Lakers and leave all the other BS for a fictional show. Nobody wants to see Jerry West acting like a psychopath crawling around in his draws just get to the story already. Show is a complete waste of time.

Show is horrible imo. When shows "break the 4th wall" maybe one character does it..but not every single person on the show. It's also moving at a snails pace its only what 10 episodes and it starts off with Magic getting his diagnosis and now we're two episodes in and he's still chasing after cookie and buying his mom a hot tub. Nobody is tuning in to see him play pick up in Michigan, get to the showtime already. With only 10 episodes nobody gives a fk about the made up stuff, just give us the story of the showtime Lakers and leave all the other BS for a fictional show. Nobody wants to see Jerry West acting like a psychopath crawling around in his draws just get to the story already. Show is a complete waste of time.
But the real question is

are you out, or gonna finish it?

Big ALA thread
989056D5-59EE-449A-B709-1BD671DE4AE8.gif

Show is 🔥🔥🔥

Quincy killing it as Magic

I can see this point. Based on the promo, folks are probably expecting insanity a la Entourage or Ballers but with better writing. And action delivered through re enacting famous Lakers moments.

I like it. I wonder how much of it is based on truth though.
All my life I never knew Jerry was such a pos
They didn't even get the NBA or Lakers permission to use the names and logos, I doubt more than .5% is true. I think the only thing true is the names of the people 😂🤷🏾‍♂️

This show supposed to be more fictional than facts tho, and they shooting for multiple seasons so the pacing and random off the court stuff makes sense from that standpoint

Sounds like you looking for a documentary/reenactment type of thing n this ain’t that :lol:

The second season wouldn't even be about the showtime Lakers..this was advertised as a 10 episode " biographical dramatic miniseries based on the book of the same name." This is ain't it. He should have just said he was creating his own fictional show 🤷🏾‍♂️

He wasn't

And I hope people don't think that from a fictional TV show
Its based on the 2014 book Showtime by Jeff Pearlman. Im sure they took liberties and even put some stuff that never happened in the show but theres facts in it too.
For example, Dr. Buss did design rockets, he frequented the playboy mansion, he paid 67.5 mil for the Lakers, Magic did earn between 450-500k in his first year, Magic did consider going back to college, Jerry West did think Magic was too tall to play PG and wanted to draft Moncrief
But no, the Norm Nixon 1 on 1 with Magic at a party didnt happen

Last edited:
Its based on the 2014 book Showtime by Jeff Pearlman. Im sure they took liberties and even put some stuff that never happened in the show but theres facts in it too.
For example, Dr. Buss did design rockets, he frequented the playboy mansion, he paid 67.5 mil for the Lakers, Magic did earn between 450-500k in his first year, Magic did consider going back to college, Jerry West did think Magic was too tall to play PG and wanted to draft Moncrief
But no, the Norm Nixon 1 on 1 with Magic at a party didnt happen

I know what it's based on. I listened to Pearlman's book on the Kobe/Shaq Lakers.

The show is fictional and all the interaction is other than the outline of the show.

Why didn't you google about Jerry West, before determining he was a POS. See how Gary Vitti quit because of the way Jerry was being portrayed.

I know what it's based on. I listened to Pearlman's book on the Kobe/Shaq Lakers.

The show is fictional and all the interaction is other than the outline of the show.

Why didn't you google about Jerry West, before determining he was a POS. See how Gary Vitti quit because of the way Jerry was being portrayed.
You're right I found info saying the West portrayal was inaccurate. Still, theres a lot of truths in it, like the ones I listed
I think Magic and Dr. Buss are fairly portrayed so far

Last edited:
Adam McKay bamboozling y'all telling his version of the truth and destroying the reputation of legends in the process

Show so far is dope! You have to accept it for what it is, which is a fictional depiction of the Showtime Lakers. The breaking of the 4th wall is still weird and I’ll likely never get used to that though. But episode two was good, and im excited for 3.

Its entertaining, not looking for 100% facts. Jerry West was actually described as "intense" so I guess they ran with it. I'm just here to be entertained. I'll check out the actual doc about these Lakers when it comes out.

Back
Top Bottom