Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty : Season 2 Out Now

I know it's nitpicking and it's just a show, but the height difference of the actors that play Magic and Kareem really bugs me, they damn near look the same height.

This show mad disrespectful to some of these characters. :lol:

Jerry West, now Pat Riley, Chick Hearn, Magic...... :rofl: I can't imagine this is goin over well with some of these guys.
So what? Why should hbo worry about how these guys feel about it?
Also, this is how Magic was, piping everything left and right. Magic admitted to sleeping with 300-500 people each year before he got HIV

So what? Why should hbo worry about how these guys feel about it?
Also, this is how Magic was, piping everything left and right. Magic admitted to sleeping with 300-500 people each year before he got HIV

What if you were actually somebody and a show decided to depict you in anyway they saw fit. I'm sure you, your family and friends would be cool with it.

What if you were actually somebody and a show decided to depict you in anyway they saw fit. I'm sure you, your family and friends would be cool with it.
And the thing is theres no point in why he's telling the story this way. He's not even making up stuff that makes a good story. The stuff he wants to be funny, isn't funny, and the stuff where he wants it to be dramatic aren't dramatic because of the over the top absurdity of everything else. He's making up wild absurd isht to get social media talking, but he already got paid it's not like he's on a non guaranteed contract and he has to produce each week.

And the thing is theres no point in why he's telling the story this way. He's not even making up stuff that makes a good story. The stuff he wants to be funny, isn't funny, and the stuff where he wants it to be dramatic aren't dramatic because of the over the top absurdity of everything else. He's making up wild absurd isht to get social media talking, but he already got paid it's not like he's on a non guaranteed contract and he has to produce each week.

Show really is mid. And dated :lol:. And corny. Being a McKay production, It’s recycling some of the most surface level “Frat Pack” cliches, writing and tone.

Still very watchable tho. Some good editing and casting. And callbacks.

Not gonna lie, the constant breaking the 4th wall was getting a little old but I spit my drink out at the beginning of Episode 3 when Buss is giving it to Jerry West and points at the camera and says, "He's f*&King holding out on me!" Gold!!!

This show is incredible. The post episode podcast is great too. The amount of thought and love goes into this show is wild.

Last edited:
This show mad disrespectful to some of these characters. :lol:

Jerry West, now Pat Riley, Chick Hearn, Magic...... :rofl: I can't imagine this is goin over well with some of these guys.
They definitely not painting Riley in a good light.

Episode 4 was probably the most sports centered episode. Less fourth wall breaking. And building to that initial Showtime season.

screenshot-app.screeners.com-2022.03.17-21_35_11-1.jpg

016de6326e6d9c039ea1ac7780448446.png

Back
Top Bottom