Wisdom tooth surgery...

Originally Posted by JACKEL56

the doc said I need to get mine done, but I have no insurance so not getting it done

Can't really put that off, though...cause your wisdom teeth will start to rot and give you even more problems.

I got viccodin, but i'm not a fan of pain killers. I am more worried about the soreness i'm experiencing than the normal swelling/pain.

I've called my doctor and he told me to wait it out a couple days... but i just wanted to ask NT bc i feel a weird pain coming on and perhaps someone knew in the earlier stages what it feels like.

And mine were impacted so the doc suggested i go to sleep during the surgery.... lots of drilling and a big mess. He said he had to break my teeth into 4 parts.

I got viccodin, but i'm not a fan of pain killers. I am more worried about the soreness i'm experiencing than the normal swelling/pain.

I've called my doctor and he told me to wait it out a couple days... but i just wanted to ask NT bc i feel a weird pain coming on and perhaps someone knew in the earlier stages what it feels like.

And mine were impacted so the doc suggested i go to sleep during the surgery.... lots of drilling and a big mess. He said he had to break my teeth into 4 parts.

Yeah it will get worse from time to time before it fully heals. I was scared as $$+@ of having a dry socket because the pain is supposed to be unbearable. So if its not unbearable, you know you're good.

Did you get painkillers? I wish I had acted like I was in more pain after my surgery cause some people get percocets prescribed to them which is
pimp.gif
, but vicodin did the job for me.

I only had one side done, apparently the other one will be impacted too. In that case, I better get a bottle of oxys prescribed cause I never wanna go through that $$+@ again.

Yeah it will get worse from time to time before it fully heals. I was scared as $$+@ of having a dry socket because the pain is supposed to be unbearable. So if its not unbearable, you know you're good.

Did you get painkillers? I wish I had acted like I was in more pain after my surgery cause some people get percocets prescribed to them which is
pimp.gif
, but vicodin did the job for me.

I only had one side done, apparently the other one will be impacted too. In that case, I better get a bottle of oxys prescribed cause I never wanna go through that $$+@ again.

ya, i've had 5 teeth taken out. tons of root canals and cavities. (my enamel is terrible)

it will be ok.

your going to be pretty sore. your whole mouth will hurt particularly the muscles that move your jaw.
i know you said your not a fan, but its worth taking a couple per day.

ya, i've had 5 teeth taken out. tons of root canals and cavities. (my enamel is terrible)

it will be ok.

your going to be pretty sore. your whole mouth will hurt particularly the muscles that move your jaw.
i know you said your not a fan, but its worth taking a couple per day.

You'll know if you have dry socket.  The pain is far worse than the usual soreness/pain from wisdom tooth extraction.  It'll be on some unbearable, need to see the oral surgeon asap type pain. 

As long as you do what the doctor says: not using a straw to drink, only rinsing with salt water, other stuff you'll be fine. 

You'll know if you have dry socket.  The pain is far worse than the usual soreness/pain from wisdom tooth extraction.  It'll be on some unbearable, need to see the oral surgeon asap type pain. 

As long as you do what the doctor says: not using a straw to drink, only rinsing with salt water, other stuff you'll be fine. 

the doc said I need to get mine done, but I have no insurance so not getting it done

same thing wit me, they said id need em out by the time i was 18...im 20 now

same thing wit me, they said id need em out by the time i was 18...im 20 now

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

Can't really put that off, though...cause your wisdom teeth will start to rot and give you even more problems.
I got cavity's on them

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

I got cavity's on them

sorry didnt have to much pain for me, what i found disgusting was after one week when i returned and the dentist pulled out a long piece of gauze which were in the two sockets....which i didnt know. that when the pain started to happen because chunks of food would get stucked

sorry didnt have to much pain for me, what i found disgusting was after one week when i returned and the dentist pulled out a long piece of gauze which were in the two sockets....which i didnt know. that when the pain started to happen because chunks of food would get stucked

Originally Posted by DJ bana

Exactly what happened to me, i had all four impacted. My stitches fell out the first night and i had to re-stitch mine, so I'm guessing you would too. I just took advils and I was good.

Originally Posted by DJ bana

Exactly what happened to me, i had all four impacted. My stitches fell out the first night and i had to re-stitch mine, so I'm guessing you would too. I just took advils and I was good.

My wife is a dentist. She said three days after surgery it is going to be sore. No smoking or sucking of any sort...it might make the clot come out. Just make sure there is no *$!+ coming out of the sore. MAKE SURE TO TAKE PAIN MEDICATION AS PERSCRIBED. Eat soft foods and continue to clean by rinsing with warm salt water. If the pain is unbearable go back to the dentist, but if there is no extreme swelling and signs of infection you are fine.

My wife is a dentist. She said three days after surgery it is going to be sore. No smoking or sucking of any sort...it might make the clot come out. Just make sure there is no *$!+ coming out of the sore. MAKE SURE TO TAKE PAIN MEDICATION AS PERSCRIBED. Eat soft foods and continue to clean by rinsing with warm salt water. If the pain is unbearable go back to the dentist, but if there is no extreme swelling and signs of infection you are fine.

wow, thanks!
my doctor told me i could smoke 48 hours after surgery, so i indulged in an L last night... and it was way better than any pain killer. I hope that doesnt harm my surgery...

wow, thanks!
my doctor told me i could smoke 48 hours after surgery, so i indulged in an L last night... and it was way better than any pain killer. I hope that doesnt harm my surgery...

Originally Posted by phaze1123

This. Only thing I would add is pain meds include motrin as well which is an anti inflamitory. It will help with swelling. Do this and you're good, you don't want dry socket... I've seen grown men in tears because of it.

Originally Posted by phaze1123

This. Only thing I would add is pain meds include motrin as well which is an anti inflamitory. It will help with swelling. Do this and you're good, you don't want dry socket... I've seen grown men in tears because of it.

Back
Top Bottom