Wisdom tooth surgery...

I had 2 removed and was stitched up. I wasn't put under but anaesthetised locally. He pulled out one easily, then got on my chest to crack the other and pull it out lol. My remaining 2 wisdom teeth grew fine and I still have them.

The stitches came out when I had healed I guess probably a week or so, maybe less. I didn't have any pain killers after surgery just salt water rinsing and lots of clear soups.

But I would imagine they were quite rough on you to remove impacted teeth so you will feel more soreness than others. Your doctor's advice is good.

I had 2 removed and was stitched up. I wasn't put under but anaesthetised locally. He pulled out one easily, then got on my chest to crack the other and pull it out lol. My remaining 2 wisdom teeth grew fine and I still have them.

The stitches came out when I had healed I guess probably a week or so, maybe less. I didn't have any pain killers after surgery just salt water rinsing and lots of clear soups.

But I would imagine they were quite rough on you to remove impacted teeth so you will feel more soreness than others. Your doctor's advice is good.

laugh.gif
my dude got drunk with us 3 days after his wisdom teeth were removed.

peer pressure is a mutha
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
my dude got drunk with us 3 days after his wisdom teeth were removed.

peer pressure is a mutha
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DJ bana

wow, thanks!
my doctor told me i could smoke 48 hours after surgery, so i indulged in an L last night... and it was way better than any pain killer. I hope that doesnt harm my surgery...
Damn I don't know how you did that cause I was DYING to smoke a L after my surgery, especially since I had a nice bottle of vikes on deck, but after googling whether its safe to smoke I was completely shook because all the info I found was hyping how terrible dry sockets are and to give it weeks before smoking anything.

So after extensive research on how to smoke pot without suction I made my own gravity bong the day after surgery which did the job and a few days later I said %@+* it and rolled me a loose blunt. I was hitting that ***% with so much caution 
laugh.gif

wow, thanks!
my doctor told me i could smoke 48 hours after surgery, so i indulged in an L last night... and it was way better than any pain killer. I hope that doesnt harm my surgery...
Damn I don't know how you did that cause I was DYING to smoke a L after my surgery, especially since I had a nice bottle of vikes on deck, but after googling whether its safe to smoke I was completely shook because all the info I found was hyping how terrible dry sockets are and to give it weeks before smoking anything.

So after extensive research on how to smoke pot without suction I made my own gravity bong the day after surgery which did the job and a few days later I said %@+* it and rolled me a loose blunt. I was hitting that ***% with so much caution 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by gregzzy23

wow, thanks!

laugh.gif
I told my Dr i smoke reefer, he told me 2-3 days and i was like 
eek.gif
 bc most will say a week. I think its bc my teeth are impacted and i dont have "holes"... although one of them was creeping out a bit, thats the side with a partial hole and the sore feeling .. whereas the one that was more impacted had more swelling. 

Originally Posted by gregzzy23

wow, thanks!

laugh.gif
I told my Dr i smoke reefer, he told me 2-3 days and i was like 
eek.gif
 bc most will say a week. I think its bc my teeth are impacted and i dont have "holes"... although one of them was creeping out a bit, thats the side with a partial hole and the sore feeling .. whereas the one that was more impacted had more swelling. 

I got viccodin, but i'm not a fan of pain killers. I am more worried about the soreness i'm experiencing than the normal swelling/pain.

I've called my doctor and he told me to wait it out a couple days... but i just wanted to ask NT bc i feel a weird pain coming on and perhaps someone knew in the earlier stages what it feels like.

And mine were impacted so the doc suggested i go to sleep during the surgery.... lots of drilling and a big mess. He said he had to break my teeth into 4 parts.

let me get that off your hands
grin.gif

I got viccodin, but i'm not a fan of pain killers. I am more worried about the soreness i'm experiencing than the normal swelling/pain.

I've called my doctor and he told me to wait it out a couple days... but i just wanted to ask NT bc i feel a weird pain coming on and perhaps someone knew in the earlier stages what it feels like.

And mine were impacted so the doc suggested i go to sleep during the surgery.... lots of drilling and a big mess. He said he had to break my teeth into 4 parts.

let me get that off your hands
grin.gif

Dunno about dry sockets but I do remember my stitches naturally coming out when I rinsed. Had 3 removed and I remember looking like a chipmunk for my junior year pics
30t6p3b.gif

luckily the swelling was already going down. For 3 days all I could eat and drink was plain mashed potatoes and pepsi..

Dunno about dry sockets but I do remember my stitches naturally coming out when I rinsed. Had 3 removed and I remember looking like a chipmunk for my junior year pics
30t6p3b.gif

luckily the swelling was already going down. For 3 days all I could eat and drink was plain mashed potatoes and pepsi..

I had those dissolvable stitches and they took like a week to all come out. they got all grimey after a few days, so it was pretty unpleasant.

It was my first dose of sweet air though. I was ******ed after the surgery

I had those dissolvable stitches and they took like a week to all come out. they got all grimey after a few days, so it was pretty unpleasant.

It was my first dose of sweet air though. I was ******ed after the surgery

I going to have 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled. Luckily they are not causing me any pain at this time. I'm going to do it all at the same time. Just waiting for my insurance to clear it.

I going to have 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled. Luckily they are not causing me any pain at this time. I'm going to do it all at the same time. Just waiting for my insurance to clear it.

Experience wasnt that bad. A lot of people make it worse than it is. I was eating solids by the 3rd day.

Experience wasnt that bad. A lot of people make it worse than it is. I was eating solids by the 3rd day.

I had 2 dry sockets, let me tell you it aint NO JOKE. i was in pain for about 3 weeks. I've had shoulder surgery, the dry sockets were way worse. I must of lost 15 lbs, from being in too much pain to eat. If the dentist says be careful for a week, do 2 weeks. I got my dry sockets b/c I drank a milk shake thru a straw. The dentist told me it was fine, woke up in the middle of the night in pain.

Back
Top Bottom