Wisdom tooth surgery...

I had 2 dry sockets, let me tell you it aint NO JOKE. i was in pain for about 3 weeks. I've had shoulder surgery, the dry sockets were way worse. I must of lost 15 lbs, from being in too much pain to eat. If the dentist says be careful for a week, do 2 weeks. I got my dry sockets b/c I drank a milk shake thru a straw. The dentist told me it was fine, woke up in the middle of the night in pain.

By far the worse pain ive ever endured, and I've broken bones. It didnt help that i didnt get my medicine until 2 days later either.

By far the worse pain ive ever endured, and I've broken bones. It didnt help that i didnt get my medicine until 2 days later either.

Ive had 3 taken out... 2 stitches removed the other 1 stitches fell out. i experienced very bad paid first 2-3 days and then it relented minus a bit of discomfort when contact was made in the area. id pop some Tylenol every few hours for the soreness and see how u feel in a day or two.

Ive had 3 taken out... 2 stitches removed the other 1 stitches fell out. i experienced very bad paid first 2-3 days and then it relented minus a bit of discomfort when contact was made in the area. id pop some Tylenol every few hours for the soreness and see how u feel in a day or two.

Originally Posted by DJ bana

^ what kind of pain is the dry socket? I'm feeling a stinging pain developing

The kind of pain in which even if you take the pain killers, it doesn't mask the pain. if you think your developing a dry socket go to the dentist now. They can give you some medicine to create a new blood clot faster.

Originally Posted by DJ bana

^ what kind of pain is the dry socket? I'm feeling a stinging pain developing

The kind of pain in which even if you take the pain killers, it doesn't mask the pain. if you think your developing a dry socket go to the dentist now. They can give you some medicine to create a new blood clot faster.

BUMP I'm going in!!!!!

Gonna get an impacted and another wisdom tooth removed. Should I be put to sleep or is the numbing/pain killer good enough?

BUMP I'm going in!!!!!

Gonna get an impacted and another wisdom tooth removed. Should I be put to sleep or is the numbing/pain killer good enough?

I'm on my 2nd tray of Invisalign and need to get all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed before my 3rd tray. I got a consultation and was given a bill of $2700
embarassed.gif
. All I gotta say is thank god I have insurance. I get them out next week. I am scared.

I'm on my 2nd tray of Invisalign and need to get all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed before my 3rd tray. I got a consultation and was given a bill of $2700
embarassed.gif
. All I gotta say is thank god I have insurance. I get them out next week. I am scared.

got all 4 out last summer. 2 per visit. 2nd time i went they didn't correctly numb me and i yelped when they drilled me
frown.gif

was awake through both processes and it was gruesome to see, hear, and feel in my experience.

got all 4 out last summer. 2 per visit. 2nd time i went they didn't correctly numb me and i yelped when they drilled me
frown.gif

was awake through both processes and it was gruesome to see, hear, and feel in my experience.

I was like 
eek.gif
when I saw this thread cause I just had my four taken out exactly two weeks ago.
Overall, the recovery wasnt as bad as I thought it would be, but if definitely sucks.
I really couldnt have a normal diet for about a week though
mad.gif

I feel like I lost weight cause I stopped workin out, only eating yogurt, soup, ice cream, etc.
And I too indulged in smoking a little sooner than recommended like OP, but whatever, the painkillers werent doin it for me
laugh.gif

Oh, and like I do with lots of things, I Googled complications/recovery to death, and from what Ive heard youd KNOW if you got a dry socket.

I was like 
eek.gif
when I saw this thread cause I just had my four taken out exactly two weeks ago.
Overall, the recovery wasnt as bad as I thought it would be, but if definitely sucks.
I really couldnt have a normal diet for about a week though
mad.gif

I feel like I lost weight cause I stopped workin out, only eating yogurt, soup, ice cream, etc.
And I too indulged in smoking a little sooner than recommended like OP, but whatever, the painkillers werent doin it for me
laugh.gif

Oh, and like I do with lots of things, I Googled complications/recovery to death, and from what Ive heard youd KNOW if you got a dry socket.

Originally Posted by SamB

BUMP I'm going in!!!!!

I cant stand going to the dentist, for almost every reason you can think of, but the worst part for me is the SOUND of anything on your teeth, makes me cringe
sick.gif

If you can afford it, I would definitely opt for them to put you to sleep.

Originally Posted by SamB

BUMP I'm going in!!!!!

I cant stand going to the dentist, for almost every reason you can think of, but the worst part for me is the SOUND of anything on your teeth, makes me cringe
sick.gif

If you can afford it, I would definitely opt for them to put you to sleep.

I don't mind the dentist at all (actually like going) so I'm prob gonna be awake and if I'm allowed to listen to my iPod while homie goes to work

gonna lose alot of weight through the process

I don't mind the dentist at all (actually like going) so I'm prob gonna be awake and if I'm allowed to listen to my iPod while homie goes to work

gonna lose alot of weight through the process

You'll be alrite,was the pain as bad before you smoked or worse after? I smoked the day after my surgery and it made the socket feel really dry and I thought I had a dry socket but I didnt,I liked the dentist til I had to have mine removed now I wont ever go back but I make sure I keep em clean.

You'll be alrite,was the pain as bad before you smoked or worse after? I smoked the day after my surgery and it made the socket feel really dry and I thought I had a dry socket but I didnt,I liked the dentist til I had to have mine removed now I wont ever go back but I make sure I keep em clean.

Back
Top Bottom