With all the garabage that comes out of UFC fans mouths....

Clutchshooter wrote:
UFC doesnt counter other fight cards with fantastic cards of their own.

quite the opposite, they counter with a card, period.

usually cards that arent meant to win the viewing battle but to simply to take up some of the viewership that might have watched the opposing card.

the cards are usually headlined by non title fights or are simply free replays of cards that had large ppv buys.

eg. UFC countered the latest Strikeforce card with a replay of UFC 100.

103 is hardly the event with which to compare to a big fight in boxing.

Exactly...Apples and Oranges...

UFC 103 is probably the weakest big-name card of the year...it will probably pull the lowest PPV number of the year for the UFC...

BTW...the Ultimate Fighter 10 season premiere pulled 4.1 million viewers on SPIKE TV @ 10PM on a WEDNESDAY...
happy.gif

JM

People on both sides of the boxing vs. mma debate say alot of dumb stuff about the other sport, but the dumbest stuff I hear usually comes from the MMA side. Nobody in ther right mind would watch a fight with Rich Franklin as the headliner over Mayweather and Marquez. That UFC card is weak and Dana White is makinghimself look like an idiot for trying to talk it up like the two cards are even comparable. And the funny thing is he talked about how Floyd was gonna run allmatch and it's gonna be boring, but if you watch any ufc card, unless you're watching the elite level mma fighters, you're in for a match full ofsloppy boxing from guys that would get wrecked by any boxing/K1 fighter in the ring, or a 3 round wrestling match. I don't see how that's a betteroption.

I'm a fan of boxing and MMA, but like somebody else said, boxing is the reason I love fighting in the first place, so regardless of who's headliningthe UFC card, 9 times out of 10, I'm watching the boxing match and I'll catch the UFC replay. The only UFC fight I can think of that I really wannasee live is Rashad vs. Rampage, and that might not even happen now.

I'll be watching UFC 103

everyone knows whos gonna win the fight between Mayweather and JMM

[h2][/h2]
[h2]Friday, 2:25 p.m. ET -- How well will it do?[/h2]
There has been plenty of speculation about how well ticket sales are going, and how well the fight will do on pay-per-view.

I have heard that while the arena is not a sellout -- so far, according to my sources, it looks like it will be a couple thousand short of capacity -- ticket sales aren't the utter disaster that has been suggested.

As for pay-per-view possibilities: Mark Taffet of HBO PPV, who's a straight shooter, argues that the fight combines the strongest players in the two strongest markets -- Hispanic and urban -- and that because there is little crossover between those two markets, the figure could be surprisingly high. He points out, for example, that Manny Pacquiao-Juan Manuel Marquez did 410,000 buys, more than Pacquiao did for any of his fights against Marco Antonio Barrera and Erik Morales.

Personal prediction: Expect in excess of 500,000 but less than 750,000 buys on Saturday.

The return of Vitor and Cro-Cop in the UFC pretty much guarantees that UFC 103 is going to be good.

And Floyd and Marquez in the same ring with all of these legit back stories (weight, distractions, injuries, ring rust, style clash) has the potential to be anepic fight, plus there are some good under card fights.

Both programs will do good.

PBF vs JMM will dominate in sales. Boxing is can't miss PPV for millions of households, including a good percentage of the MMA fanbase.

JMM can win this fight.

I really wasn't aware that UFC fans were talking smack about boxing, i'm a MMA fan and even I know that ufc 103 most likely won't outsell thisboxing PPV. Don't let those hardcore/posers/singe track mind fans be the ones who talk for every other MMA fan who realize that nothing can take away whatboxing was, is or ever will be.

Boxing and MMA shouldn't be even thought of in the same grouping other than being a PPV event and a sport.

For me personally I haven't been into boxing since '01 then I got onto MMA and I stuck with it because it interested me more, so i'll be watchingufc 103 over that boxing match tonight, but i heard all the buzz for this fight and it will probably outsell ufc 103 like I said and plus the fight card for103 isn't as hyped up as previous ufc fights.

Boxing fans shouldn't take the Bob Arum perspective on MMA and just put it down for whatever reason and over zealous MMA fans shouldn't put down boxingwhich through its televised PPV events opened the doors for all this MMA stuff to take place. That's how I feel about this.

What a terrible comparison. You're comparing to what boxing can only offer what? once every couple years, a mega fight, to a sub-par UFC fight. Boxing canonly put on a good, PPV busting card maybe ever other year....while UFC tries to do it multiple times a month. YOu can't compare the two at all. Of courseBoxing will outsell.

Originally Posted by moonmaster3

What a terrible comparison. You're comparing to what boxing can only offer what? once every couple years, a mega fight, to a sub-par UFC fight. Boxing can only put on a good, PPV busting card maybe ever other year....while UFC tries to do it multiple times a month. YOu can't compare the two at all. Of course Boxing will outsell.
True, UFC 103 isn't even one of the best ppv this year

What a terrible comparison. You're comparing to what boxing can only offer what? once every couple years, a mega fight, to a sub-par UFC fight. Boxing can only put on a good, PPV busting card maybe ever other year....while UFC tries to do it multiple times a month. YOu can't compare the two at all. Of course Boxing will outsell.

Once every couple of years?
grin.gif

Theres another mega fight coming up in November thats probably going to outsell this one.

Boxing usually has 3 or 4 of these fights every year...not once every couple of years.

Originally Posted by drock2010

True, UFC 103 isn't even one of the best ppv this year
co-sign.

For as long as I can remember, my house was a boxing home. Now, my entire family is on the MMA bandwagon. Signing up for BJJ, claiming MMA > Boxing,saying UFC 103 will outsell PBF/JMM, etc.

For the past 3 weeks, my pops and uncle have been telling me that today could be the start of the end of boxing.
eyes.gif

I never used to hate MMA. But after with all the hype, fan boys, trash talk...... I came to the conclusion that I WILL NEVER SUPPORT A MMA CARD ever again. 5Years from now.....can not come soon enough.

/rant

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Once every couple of years?
grin.gif

Theres another mega fight coming up in November thats probably going to outsell this one.

Boxing usually has 3 or 4 of these fights every year...not once every couple of years.
I don't track the numbers and stuff, but I agree. I won't be surprised if this surpasses UFC 100 in buys, PBF and DLH KILLED it with 2.5million buys, and you KNOW the Mexican boxing fans go all-out on their boxing...

Also Cotto/Pac will possibly break 1 million buys this year as well, I'm beginning to think.

And God help us if Pac/PBF ever get in the ring together.... they'll probably break the record that PBF/DLH set, becuase you know they'll hype that upas the greatest fight ever.

This fight and Cotto/Pac has a chance of having more buys than the top two UFC cards of the year.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

103 is hardly the event with which to compare to a big fight in boxing.

but all I ever here from everyone is how dead boxing is

and how is this a big fight?

Floyd hasn't fought since 2007 and most people consider his fights to be boring....probably because they can't appreciate his hand speed or defense

and JMM is far from a household name

if anything these two match up poorly and an exciting brawl isn't likely to take place

Meanwhile UFC is suppose to be the "fastest growing sport in the US" and now you all wanna backpeddle and cry about a weak card

SMH

Reason why this is considered a huge fight is because PBF is the most flamboyant boxer in a long time, and JMM is the most recognized Mexican boxer right now.

If anything, Floyd knows how to milk the money.

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

Someone in this thread is playing stupid.

well go ahead and break it down for me

Cause neither of these go is known for letting his hands go and Floyd is obviously the bigger and more heavy favored fighter

Cause neither of these go is known for letting his hands go and Floyd is obviously the bigger and more heavy favored fighter
Really?

Name a CURRENT boxer with more name recognition than Mayweather? We aren't talking about matchups...we are talking about skill...we are talking about HYPEand VIEWERSHIP...

JM

Okay.

I don't watch boxing and I'm going to watch this fight.

People at work who don't watch boxing are going to watch this fight.

Why? Floyd Mayweather.

Flolyd as perfected the villain role, people watch fights to see him lose, except my dude never lose. I just hope he actually fights Cotto after this becausethat would be his toughest fight yet by far.

I personally can't stand MMA fans. But I still respect the sport for what it is.

Originally Posted by jmadidas2001

Really?

Name a CURRENT boxer with more name recognition than Mayweather? We aren't talking about matchups...we are talking about skill...we are talking about HYPE and VIEWERSHIP...

JM

exactly.

backpeddle nothing. it's a little thing called simple fact.

The new breed of UFC fans are straight brainwashed
smh.gif

Agree 100 percent. One of my buddies has been a fan for years, and even he agrees that UFC is like wrestling in the early 00s late 90s. It was amonster fad that came and went. Eventualy this fad will die down as well and only the true fans will remain (like wrestling).

The new breed of UFC fans are straight brainwashed
smh.gif

Agree 100 percent. One of my buddies has been a fan for years, and even he agrees that UFC is like wrestling in the early 00s late 90s. It was amonster fad that came and went. Eventualy this fad will die down as well and only the true fans will remain (like wrestling).

Back
Top Bottom