With all the garabage that comes out of UFC fans mouths....

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

In Japan, they love grappling. They can appreciate and understand the techniques. You will NEVER hear anyone booing when they take the fight to the ground. As far as Brock getting a title shot so quick is a matter of getting the ufc exposure. I'm certain none of you knew of any HW champs before you heard Brocks name. You understand that Brock lost his first fight in the UFC right? He was still given another shot. Why? Once again, exposure.. It's pretty simple... Someone who has that amount of athletic ability and experience is a handfull for anyone. He takes you down and you're not getting back up. Keeping a BJJ blackbelt or collegiate wrestler on the ground, eating your shots is no easy task. Hell, I'd like to see any of you guys saying mma is so easy keep a blue belt down.

hahahaha i know its off topic but I had to LOL at this.

I recently took my first BJJ class cause I am a huge fan of MMA and wanted to get a better understanding of the grappling and submission techniques. I'm adecent sized dude (shade under 6' about 195lbs) and I was paired up with this "nerdy" lookin kid who was a blue belt and probably 5'7 140lbsgive or take. So during the instruction I could tell he was going easy on me so that I would be comfortable trying to imitate what was being taught, etc...etc... Towards the end of the class they had us roll for a little bit and this nerdy little dude took me out to the woodshed. It wasn't even close. Hell he would let me start in his guard in top position and when he wasn't chokin me out with a triangle, he was poppin right back up as if I wasn'teven there. I had 50lbs on the kid but it didn't make a difference since I had no idea what the hell I was doing.

Why can't everyone just agree that each sport requires a unique skill set? From the pages I have read it seems like there are some salty boxing fans thatfeel they need to cash MMA because it is obviously a bigger sport right now.
A MMA guy can't just walk in and beat a boxer.
A boxer can't walk in and beat an mma fighter.

Originally Posted by Sir Rob A Lot

laugh.gif
@ exposure being a good excuse...

Brock just walked in and took a title.

I can't see how he "just walked in".

With his wrestling pedigree, he has the same background as the best Mixed Martial Artists on the face of the planet. His top control is unmatched for a personhis size.

This is just foolish.

laugh.gif

MMA is by far the easier sport.......

weak excuse? It's the only
laugh.gif
you're not getting it, he lost his first match in the UFC.... And yet they still gave him another chance because theysaw how beasty he is. It definitely got ppl like you taking notice and hating so the UFC did their job.

Originally Posted by Bastitch

laugh.gif

I can't see how he "just walked in".

With his wrestling pedigree, he has the same background as the best Mixed Martial Artists on the face of the planet. His top control is unmatched for a person his size.

This is just foolish.

True Bastitch.. By his logic... lebron James got drafted right after HS and received 90 mill from Nike before he even stepped on the NBA court, simply basedoff potential. Basketball is defintely the easiest sport
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

MMA is by far the easier sport.......

weak excuse? It's the only
laugh.gif
you're not getting it, he lost his first match in the UFC.... And yet they still gave him another chance because they saw how beasty he is. It definitely got ppl like you taking notice and hating so the UFC did their job.

In boxing, you have to earn that title shot.
laugh.gif
Your not getting it.

I got homies that are MMA heads and don't like how they GAVE Brock a title shot.

Uh look right above you..no one was angry about lebron. This has happened in just about every sport, where a hs kid gets drafted but no one mentions that.Lebron was put into the spotlight right away. They compare mma to boxing because they are both fighting sports so they must be comparable. Makes perfectsense(sarcasm) It's like comparing Rugby to football or baseball to cricket. Boxing isn't mma but some of you wouldn't know that nor understandwhy. Oh yea, I was one of those guys angry that Brock got a title shot in nt's very own mma thread. No one likes it when someone steps in after dude didfake wrestling. That was before I knew about his real wrestling resume. Plus I don't like him as a person anyhow
laugh.gif
His title shot is irrelevant now thateveryone knows by now what he can do(at least the knowledgable mma heads do).

I'm not questioning Brock's abilities....you said it yourself Dana and UFC did it for exposure....Brock puts people in seats. I'm just saying thatwould never happen in Boxing......because of the competition and parity.

Why does it matter

if you like Boxing stick to Boxing

if you life MMA stick to MMA

if you like both then thats cool too

I don't see why all these boxing fans are hating on UFC just because its becoming more popular

Originally Posted by drock2010

I don't see why all these boxing fans are hating on UFC just because its becoming more popular
Not at all bro......Do you.

Its usually MMA dudes that come at me with all that BS. I usually just
grin.gif
......that just fires em up.

The Ultimate Fighting Championship broadcasted live prelims for the first time on Spike TV for UFC 103 and the numbers are in.

Spike TV's live telecast of the UFC 103 prelims on Saturday, September 19 (9:00-10:00pm ET/PT) delivered a robust 1.4 million viewers and was the #2 rated program in Men 18-34 in all of cable in the timeslot including out-delivering ESPN2's coverage of NCAA college football (West Virginia vs. Auburn).

Overall, the fights drew a 1.5 (441,000) in Men 18-34, a 1.3 (738,000) in Men 18-49, and a household rating of 1.0.

That's the thing. I never hear any knowledgable mma fan ever say how mma is better than boxing and all that bs. It's always someone saying in a forumhow boxing is better or some boxer or promoter saying how mma is a bunch of unskilled street brawlers or white guys who couldn't make it in boxing. Truthis boxing isn't on any mma purist's mind. We wouldn't even be having this convo if it weren't for a boxing fan. No mma fan would make a threadhow with all the garbage that comes out of boxing fans mouths or anything of the such. I just don't understand why boxing fans feel threatened especiallyif mma is just a fad. It should blow over in a couple years.... Boxing fans need to get it through their head that's it's an actual sport in it'sown and stop comparing it to boxing.

That's the thing. I never hear any knowledgable mma fan ever say how mma is better than boxing and all that bs. It's always someone saying in a forum how boxing is better or some boxer or promoter saying how mma is a bunch of unskilled street brawlers or white guys who couldn't make it in boxing. Truth is boxing isn't on any mma purist's mind. We wouldn't even be having this convo if it weren't for a boxing fan. No mma fan would make a thread how with all the garbage that comes out of boxing fans mouths or anything of the such. I just don't understand why boxing fans feel threatened especially if mma is just a fad. It should blow over in a couple years.... Boxing fans need to get it through their head that's it's an actual sport in it's own and stop comparing it to boxing.

/thread

Back
Top Bottom