WM XXVII Fallout - 4/7 NTWT Maina I Concludes Tonight! - Hombrelobo vs TennHouse | IC Title Tourny

When I saw that 10-14 cuts rumor I went to their roster list to see who could/would/should be cut.

Curt Hawkins
David Hart Smith
Jey Uso
Jimmy Uso
JTG
Kaitlyn
Matt Striker
Michael Tarver
Primo
Rosa Mendes
Tamina
Trent Barreta
Tyler Reks
Vladimir Kozlov

I would've put Gail Kim but HOPEFULLY they realize how well she worked with Kong so I think they'll keep her around for a little while. It's either Primo or Chavo and I don't see them getting rid of Chavo. The majority of the guys I listed are probably ones WWE can feel safe letting go and not worry about them going to TNA with the exception of DH Smith, JTG and maybe Reks.

Going through their "official" roster on WWE.com, I see only about 60-65 active in-ring competitors. In contrast, I went to TNAwrestling.com and they have about 50-55 active in-ring competitors. If WWE makes 10-15 cuts and lets say calls up 5-10 more within the next year, it makes their roster pretty close in size to TNA. That's just amazing considering they have more than twice the amount of television air time as TNA.

This leads me to a question that I may have to ask on a few Q&A columns. Why doesn't WWE use indy wrestlers on air for squash matches anymore? We always hear *****ing and moaning about guys being buried, so why don't they use local indy guys to accomplish this? This would make a smaller roster easier to maintain and keep individuals strong as far as storylines go. I'd much rather see a guy like Sheamus bury some nobody in a 2-3min squash match to get him over as a beast/monster/bully/bad guy, than have a 4-5min match with the previous holder of the belt he now holds. That's just something that's been bothering me for the last few years.

- Sources report that there was a massive last-minute re-write of RAW on Monday afternoon. Early in the afternoon, they were going with Triple H vs. The Undertaker at SummerSlam and Taker vs. John Cena at WrestleMania 28. A few hours later they made The Rock vs. Cena announcement, which is a significant change within just a few hours.

There’s a feeling that the long-term plan has always been to build WrestleMania 28 around The Rock, even if he wouldn’t agree to wrestle. This could have played a factor in WWE’s decision to choose Miami as the host city. It’s possible that Rock will also go into the Hall of Fame next year.

Pursuant to WWE’s Concussion policy, the stunt of using a folded metal chair shot to the head is prohibited. Triple H and The Undertaker have both been fined for violating this policy at WrestleMania XXVII. WWE penalizes through fine and/or suspension for violation of this policy, which is unchanged and still in effect.

- While Snooki is saying she’s done with wrestling now, word from WWE is that if she stayed sober and actually wanted a career once Jersey Shore is done, they would sign her.

- Sources report that there was a massive last-minute re-write of RAW on Monday afternoon. Early in the afternoon, they were going with Triple H vs. The Undertaker at SummerSlam and Taker vs. John Cena at WrestleMania 28. A few hours later they made The Rock vs. Cena announcement, which is a significant change within just a few hours.

There’s a feeling that the long-term plan has always been to build WrestleMania 28 around The Rock, even if he wouldn’t agree to wrestle. This could have played a factor in WWE’s decision to choose Miami as the host city. It’s possible that Rock will also go into the Hall of Fame next year.

Pursuant to WWE’s Concussion policy, the stunt of using a folded metal chair shot to the head is prohibited. Triple H and The Undertaker have both been fined for violating this policy at WrestleMania XXVII. WWE penalizes through fine and/or suspension for violation of this policy, which is unchanged and still in effect.

- While Snooki is saying she’s done with wrestling now, word from WWE is that if she stayed sober and actually wanted a career once Jersey Shore is done, they would sign her.

Originally Posted by BigPUNoy

When I saw that 10-14 cuts rumor I went to their roster list to see who could/would/should be cut.

Curt Hawkins
David Hart Smith
Jey Uso
Jimmy Uso
JTG
Kaitlyn
Matt Striker
Michael Tarver
Primo
Rosa Mendes
Tamina
Trent Barreta
Tyler Reks
Vladimir Kozlov

I would've put Gail Kim but HOPEFULLY they realize how well she worked with Kong so I think they'll keep her around for a little while. It's either Primo or Chavo and I don't see them getting rid of Chavo. The majority of the guys I listed are probably ones WWE can feel safe letting go and not worry about them going to TNA with the exception of DH Smith, JTG and maybe Reks.

Going through their "official" roster on WWE.com, I see only about 60-65 active in-ring competitors. In contrast, I went to TNAwrestling.com and they have about 50-55 active in-ring competitors. If WWE makes 10-15 cuts and lets say calls up 5-10 more within the next year, it makes their roster pretty close in size to TNA. That's just amazing considering they have more than twice the amount of television air time as TNA.

This leads me to a question that I may have to ask on a few Q&A columns. Why doesn't WWE use indy wrestlers on air for squash matches anymore? We always hear *****ing and moaning about guys being buried, so why don't they use local indy guys to accomplish this? This would make a smaller roster easier to maintain and keep individuals strong as far as storylines go. I'd much rather see a guy like Sheamus bury some nobody in a 2-3min squash match to get him over as a beast/monster/bully/bad guy, than have a 4-5min match with the previous holder of the belt he now holds. That's just something that's been bothering me for the last few years.
I do agree with guys like Smith, JTG, Striker, Primo, and Kozlov.  But for guys likes the Usos or Tarver, they are making so little money that WWE is better off just sending them back down to FCW and working them out more before bringing them up to the main roster.  It's probably more cost effective to do that rather than to cut them and start from scratch with new developmental guys.

Guys like Kozlov, Zack Ryder, Yoshi Tatsu, Primo, JTG, etc who are making probably 2-3x what the developmental guys are making are the ones who have to worry.

And like I said earlier, I think the divas could see a large cut this year with how many are in developmental and now in Tough Enough.  Those that I could see in trouble are Melina, Natalya, Tamina, Gail Kim, Beth Phoenix, and Rosa Mendes.  If Vince is feeling down on The Bella Twins, they could obviously go as well, but he seems to love them.

I was just looking at the rosters, and the one thing that may potentially save these guys, at least for a few weeks, is that many of the guys in question to be cut are currently Pros on NXT.  I have no idea how long this season of NXT lasts, but the current Pros are: Tyson Kidd, Vladimir Kozlov, Yoshi Tatsu, Chavo Guerrero, JTG, and Hornswoggle.  Matt Striker is also the host of NXT.  I would love to see Striker get fired more than anyone else.

Originally Posted by BigPUNoy

Curt Hawkins
David Hart Smith
Jey Uso
Jimmy Uso
JTG
Kaitlyn
Matt Striker
Michael Tarver
Primo
Rosa Mendes
Tamina
Trent Barreta
Tyler Reks
Vladimir Kozlov

I do agree with guys like Smith, JTG, Striker, Primo, and Kozlov.  But for guys likes the Usos or Tarver, they are making so little money that WWE is better off just sending them back down to FCW and working them out more before bringing them up to the main roster.  It's probably more cost effective to do that rather than to cut them and start from scratch with new developmental guys.

Guys like Kozlov, Zack Ryder, Yoshi Tatsu, Primo, JTG, etc who are making probably 2-3x what the developmental guys are making are the ones who have to worry.

And like I said earlier, I think the divas could see a large cut this year with how many are in developmental and now in Tough Enough.  Those that I could see in trouble are Melina, Natalya, Tamina, Gail Kim, Beth Phoenix, and Rosa Mendes.  If Vince is feeling down on The Bella Twins, they could obviously go as well, but he seems to love them.

I was just looking at the rosters, and the one thing that may potentially save these guys, at least for a few weeks, is that many of the guys in question to be cut are currently Pros on NXT.  I have no idea how long this season of NXT lasts, but the current Pros are: Tyson Kidd, Vladimir Kozlov, Yoshi Tatsu, Chavo Guerrero, JTG, and Hornswoggle.  Matt Striker is also the host of NXT.  I would love to see Striker get fired more than anyone else.

Interested to see where RAW goes post Wrestlemania hang over. The buzz is most certainly going to die down amongst the casual fan in light of Monday nights 364 day set up, but I will most certainly continue to view.

Interested to see where RAW goes post Wrestlemania hang over. The buzz is most certainly going to die down amongst the casual fan in light of Monday nights 364 day set up, but I will most certainly continue to view.

I was just about to say they should keep Gail Kim as she's the only Asian female, but they have Su Yung in development who's younger (21) and also dating Jerry Lawler.
sick.gif

I was just about to say they should keep Gail Kim as she's the only Asian female, but they have Su Yung in development who's younger (21) and also dating Jerry Lawler.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

I'm very worried that with the WrestleMania XXVIII main event already set, it will make the normal post-WrestleMania hang over even worse and longer than other years.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

I'm very worried that with the WrestleMania XXVIII main event already set, it will make the normal post-WrestleMania hang over even worse and longer than other years.

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

Did anyone else besides me have a @@@? look on their face reading that Triple H got fined?

Did anyone else besides me have a @@@? look on their face reading that Triple H got fined?

Originally Posted by bkmac

I saw the headline on WrestlingObserver yesterday of guys being fined at WrestleMania.  I was expecting it was for someone getting drunk at a bar or not wearing a suit or something.  I was pretty surprised to see this.  I knew chair shots to the head were banned, but certainly surprising to see them get fined.  And I'm not sure why The Undertaker would get fined since he was on the receiving end.  Good to see no one is getting preferential treatment though.

Originally Posted by bkmac

I saw the headline on WrestlingObserver yesterday of guys being fined at WrestleMania.  I was expecting it was for someone getting drunk at a bar or not wearing a suit or something.  I was pretty surprised to see this.  I knew chair shots to the head were banned, but certainly surprising to see them get fined.  And I'm not sure why The Undertaker would get fined since he was on the receiving end.  Good to see no one is getting preferential treatment though.

Its funny to me that you can be fined for using chair shots to the head in a match thats supposed to be "no holds barred" and "anything goes".

Its funny to me that you can be fined for using chair shots to the head in a match thats supposed to be "no holds barred" and "anything goes".

Back
Top Bottom