***WOMEN'S HOOPS THREAD*** Gold medal game: SUN, 08/11 @ 9:30am EST. Going for 8TH STRAIGHT GOLD!

Yeah, not sure the players are liking this national media coverage. It's 95% just about clark and whoever has drama with her. Barely any talk of actual basketball or the teams & players playing great.

Here’s the rub:

The 95% of coverage on Clark is new coverage for the league. Sure, we would prefer that other players get more spotlight and media attention but how much attention was A’ja getting last year, when she was also killing it? Probably an equal amount to the coverage she’s now getting, even if it’s now a smaller proportion of the league’s total coverage.

I think the W recognizes that it needs to ride the Caitlin wave and the media circus that it entails, and then hope fans stick around and show interest in the other players/stories. It might be unfair to other players who have achieved great things already in the league, but that’s just the way the landscape is right now.

I don't recall angel being this bad at the rim. Definitely a step up in the level of physicality and athleticism in the W. Needs to adjust
She’s small. The good 3s in the W are her size. Really why I was never a fan as a top draft pick if you were expecting her to a centerpiece. She’s a role player

Van Lith too? All That Leche!

1717611400471.gif

Someone on the mystics got to give Caitlin a wedgie and cement a televised game for subsequent gm

Back
Top Bottom