Working at Footlocker, is it worth it?

Ok I currently work at a nike outlet as a temporary hire. In the event that I am let go I would like to work the Footlocker company. For those of you who havebeen at footlocker tell me about the company. How much is pay? how about when you want a shoe on your discount and you don't have it in store can you orderit without hassle? How about the hours they give you? I get paid decent at nike but the hours suck, and gas eats up my check since the job is far away. But itis a fun job, and swoosh.com deserves this..
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. So with all that being said give me the rundown.

you start out usually under minimum wage and 1% commission...discount is 30% all the time with some EA's at 50% (usually every 2-4 months)...hours dependon how well you can sell and how hard you are gonna work...ftl doesnt have anything like swoosh.com so id try to stay with nike as long as possible and not getstuck into Footlocker Inc's company....not the greatest job but not the worst either

nah dont do it to yourself your better off with nike. the pay isnt good and on top youll need to be in a metro area to see a nice commission check. with thediscount your better off just hitting someone that works in footlocker

Depends on what store you work at, if its high volume or not.. If its high volume you have to compete for sales.. if its low volume.. you might be bored. Takeyour pick

it depends on your area on how much you will be paid by the hour and how much you sell to get your commission. you can stock locate a pair with your discountfor a $2 shipping fee. the hours will depend on how the sales are going and when they need you to work.

I was once in the exact situation you were and I would advise you to keep working at Nike. At an outlet store there is always things you can do to keep youbusy compared to a smaller Footlocker store where it can be slow. If you buy a lot of shoes, the Nike job will do more for you as far as getting better deals,discounts and saving you more money off MSRP.

Plus, if you work hard enough and prove to your managers that you are a worthy worker, they may decide to keep you on longer...

If you go work at footlocker you better like trying to sell insoles and cleaner to every person that strolls through the door. Yes I mean EVERYONE!!! I didntlike Footlocker for that reason they make you put a lot of pressure on people to buy. I understand why they do it but I felt uncomfortable doing it.

I worked at Both Nike Outlet and Champs Sports..
Nike has much better pay and benefits
good place to work at and real chill.
Champs doesnt give you hours unless you selll, sell, sell all the 1,2,3s..
and sometimes they are real shady man.....

I work at the number 1 footaction in my district now and I can still tell u its kinda not worth it.... (i needed a job tho and i but too many kicks not to havemy own discount right now) other than that its def not worth it

fun and dissapointment . CATCH 22 in full effect . you get dope discounts and dibs on anything withing a champs ,FA,and FL reach, with dope bonus of 50% everyhere and there, in my end i left footlocker cause hrs were bad , about 12 a week . you have to kisss up and i aint down with that,

footlockers around my city dont run on commission.

straight wage based. but working somewhere just to get shoe discounts is sort of sad.

As long as your managers are cool, the job is easy....but my mgr is a nutcase so it can be annoying at times

stay as far away from footlocker/champs/footaction as you can. I have yet to hit the one year mark at my store, when other people tell me they've been inthe company for 2+ years I ask them how do you do it. The 50% is great though, so bottom line, it's like selling your soul to lucipher.

Wow nothing postive? Why all the negatives..... isnt everywhere u go u have to do something?

Freak Show, whut u mean shady???

Y is it like selling ur soul, crooklyncon?

I'm Full Time, get 2% commission on everything I sell. Great environment and awesome discount.

if you like working for a company that tries to brainwash you, and expects you to nag every customer about socks, cleaners, and insoles in return for low wagesand a discount you can get anyways if you have good networking skills then i say go for it.

theres a reason why most footlocker managers always see, stressed out, and most of the employees except the little kid employees hate the job.

Originally Posted by UrSoleProvider

Wow nothing postive? Why all the negatives..... isnt everywhere u go u have to do something?

i mean shady managerss.. and i have never gotten paid for a meeting because they dont have hours and sometimes ppl stay off the clock just so theycan finish their work.... and i dont even work for a good store in my district

Originally Posted by FREAKSHOW

Originally Posted by UrSoleProvider

i mean shady managerss.. and i have never gotten paid for a meeting because they dont have hours and sometimes ppl stay off the clock just so they can finish their work.... and i dont even work for a good store in my district
laugh.gif
whoever does that is an idiot. why would you work forfree for a job who makes more money in one day then you see in a year?

my manager at my old job told me to clock out and keep on working during the holiday season. i just gave him a nice
indifferent.gif
clocked out and went to the back and got my stuff and told him not totake it out on me because corporate was to cheap to give him hours and schedule proper coverage during the busiest time of the year.

if i was to work retail again, it'd either be for Nike or one of the Foot Inc. stores (Footlocker or Footaction preferrably, over Champs). What you'reworking for will determine if it's worth it or not.

Back
Top Bottom