Would the Thunder be better WITHOUT westbrook?

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Like I've said before here in S&T.

The Thunder are this decades new version of what the Sacramento Kings were during their heyday (2000 to 2003)

they are lucky that there isnt a shaq and kobe tandem to knock them out. the real question is ibaka or harden?

The Thunder are this decades new version of what the Sacramento Kings were during their heyday (2000 to 2003)

I don't even know what this means
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MonStar1

I don't even know what this means
laugh.gif

Dudes on here be trying too hard to come up with prolific statements and %#$#

I think the people that are saying "Who's replacing him?" are asking the proper question..If you think simply taking him off the team and having Eric Maynor take over the starting role when he's healthy makes them better, then that's just idiotic...But if you're taking him off the team and putting a player with the passing ability of Rondo or CP3, then their offense would still be up there and flowing smoothly. Russ is still really young so he's nowhere near his prime. If he can develop his game into that of a more complete PG, like Deron who is a great scorer AND great passer, then he has the potential to be a top 10 PG..Pair that with a top 3 scorer, and you have a great tandem

So many star players have not had a legit 2nd scorer to help them out.  Harden is a good scorer but he might not be enough if they got rid of Westbrook.  It seems like a lot of the media and fans have turned on him.  Maybe they don't need to get rid of him, just move him to the 2 and get a true point guard.

^^^ i completely agree with this, but I am thinking more along the line of personalities. Durant doesnt want to be Westbrook's "Pippen", and Westbrook doesnt want to be 2nd to Durant. Would they be better separate? Each player could easily be the man on their own squad

^ Westbrook already is a top 10 point guard though? I'm assuming you don't mean "of all time"?

No. They can win together.

This is like when dudes were thinking lakers would be better off without Kobe and just give Shaq a facilitator. They both need their scoring opportunities to keep the defense on its toes. Two dangerous weapons, though Durant will get more coverage which Westbrook should exploit. It's up to him tho as pg to pick those spots.

Originally Posted by NooEra

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

Something critics of Westbrook fail to recognize or acknowledge is that although his decision-making can be questionable at times (selfish in moments), would the Thunder really be able to succeed without his scoring ability? Could they win the crowded West with just KD and Harden as their primary scoring options? Hypothetically, let's say they face the Lakers in a WCF with Rondo instead of Russy. Artest on KD and Kobe on Harden. Where does the other scoring come from? 

Rondo can score though. he just cant shoot
laugh.gif

I'd trade Rondo for Westbrook because Westbrook is a more prominent force on the court but Rondo is an amazing point guard. He's not worrying about anything other than getting his teammates open looks.

That Rondo-Bradley back court these last couple games has been
pimp.gif
I respect Rondo's offensive game minus the shooting, but opposing teams don't. Everyone is laying off to guard against penetration and begging Rondo to shoot the ball. My final point being, I don't know that a core offense of KD/Harden/Rondo would be enough to win the West. I might be in the minority, but right now, I'm not sure the Thunder beat the Lakers in a best-of-seven.

It depends on who the replacement is. If Westbrook went down for all of next season (just for example), the Thunder wouldn't be better.

If the Thunder had Rondo, D-Will, or CP3, they wouldn't miss a beat.

I see what people are saying in terms of having a pass first point guard setting up Durant, but OKC would really miss Westbrook's scoring.

hell no

this dude is a top 15 player in the league and plays his %## off every single night.

It's just funny how dudes always diss Westbrook like if isn't part of the reason the Thunder are this good. Some people like to give Durant all the credit smh

Really ever since after the Thunder's playoff run ended last season.

Haters all over the place were hating and saying "Oh this is like the drama that broke up KG & Stephon Marbury in Minnesota when they were young"

SMH

Westbrook in the regular season and Westbrook in the post season are two different animals

Really ever since after the Thunder's playoff run ended last season.

Haters all over the place were hating and saying "Oh this is like the drama that broke up KG & Stephon Marbury in Minnesota when they were young"

SMH
I think Westbrick and Durant are both more level headed players than the Minnesota situation. I think eventually Harden or Westbrook will eventually end up getting shipped off if there's no success.

Heck no......Westbrook is the top 10-15 players on the league range. As much as I'd love Westbrook to be a passing first point guard, so Durant could be a volume shooter, score 30-34 ppg and win MVPS. I dont know if Durant is hyper aggressive player and Westbrook complements that lacking he has in his game.

Honestly I'm not sure how much better Durant is than Westbrook when all things are considered. Yes Durant is far more talented but I think Westbrook is kinda like the Kobe to the Shaq, kinda like that 1A and 1B option even though we know one player should be way more dominant then the other.

Back
Top Bottom