Would the Thunder be better WITHOUT westbrook?

Originally Posted by Wade187

Son you in here arguing about Rondo and the Celtics as if it's relevant. The question was does Rondo make OKC a better team, not if Rondo is a better pg then Russ or the celtics or whatever the hell it is your rambling about. Westbrook is much too selfish for the teams good? Yet their winning? Makes perfect sense. His selfishness is effecting all the iso plays their running
laugh.gif
. KD and Harden don't need Rondo to compliment them, they get buckets on their own, Rondo in the game just places another defender in the vicinity because he sure as hell aint on Rondo. Scoring is not a issue for OKC with Westbrook on the squad, he is the number 2 scoring option on this squad, so how is Rondo making this team better? 
I just don't see Westbrook as the perfect fit for this basketball team. The other day vs. the Heat, KD had his hands out for the ball for 5-7 seconds, and Westbrook goes ahead and takes a contested jumper that was way off. The guy has too many nights where he misses an unbelievable amount of shots.

4 for 16 vs. the Heat, they won but not because of him.
laugh.gif

8 for 20 against the Clippers in a win
13 for 29 in a loss to the Spurs
7 for 18 in a loss to the Rockets
8 of 17 in a loss to the Cavs
6 of 20 in a win vs. the Mavs
7 of 20 in a win vs. the Sixers
6 of 17 in a win vs. the Lakers

Too much shooting, and too many misses. Team needs a more efficient PG.

LoL finns, you're so reaching. Westbrook shoots higher % than Rondo. You just boxscore cherry picked Westbrook's worst shooting nights to try to act like it is the norm. Most recent gams he had 32 on 61.5% fg

Oklahoma City leads the league in efficiency with 107.6 points per 100 possessions, according to NBA.com.With Westbrook, Harden, and Durant, on the court together, that number jumps all the way to a ridiculous 115.2 points per 100 possessions. No team has ever scored at a rate that high. The 1986-87 Lakers, the most efficient offense in NBA history, averaged 2.1 points per 100 possessions fewer than the Thunder have averaged with Durant, Westbrook and Harden on the court together this season, according to NBA.com.

Link

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

LoL finns, you're so reaching. Westbrook shoots higher % than Rondo. You just boxscore cherry picked Westbrook's worst shooting nights to try to act like it is the norm. Most recent gams he had 32 on 61.5% fg
roll.gif
roll.gif
So you're excusing those performances? My goodness. Apologist on line 1.

Comprehension seems to be lacking. You are alleging Rondo is better and would be a better options because the Thunder "needs a more efficient PG" but Westbrooks shoots a higher percentage. So, means Rondo has more poor shooting performances, and obviously from the 3 or ft stripe is no contest.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

They need more efficient PG? Why's that?
Westbrook
[table][tr][th=""]Season[/th][th=""]Age[/th][th=""]Tm[/th][th=""]Lg[/th][th=""]G[/th][th=""]MP[/th][th=""]PER[/th][th=""]TS%[/th][th=""]eFG%[/th][th=""]ORB%[/th][th=""]DRB%[/th][th=""]TRB%[/th][th=""]AST%[/th][th=""]STL%[/th][th=""]BLK%[/th][th=""]TOV%[/th][th=""]USG%[/th][th=""]ORtg[/th][th=""]DRtg[/th][th=""]OWS[/th][th=""]DWS[/th][th=""]WS[/th][th=""]WS/48[/th][/tr][tr][td]2008-09[/td][td]20[/td][td]OKC[/td][td]NBA[/td][td]82[/td][td]2668[/td][td]15.2[/td][td].489[/td][td].414[/td][td]7.6[/td][td]9.7[/td][td]8.6[/td][td]27.5[/td][td]2.1[/td][td]0.4[/td][td]17.6[/td][td]25.8[/td][td]99[/td][td]111[/td][td]-0.1[/td][td]2.0[/td][td]1.9[/td][td].035[/td][/tr][tr][td]2009-10[/td][td]21[/td][td]OKC[/td][td]NBA[/td][td]82[/td][td]2813[/td][td]17.8[/td][td].491[/td][td].428[/td][td]6.0[/td][td]10.3[/td][td]8.2[/td][td]38.6[/td][td]2.0[/td][td]0.9[/td][td]16.6[/td][td]25.7[/td][td]105[/td][td]106[/td][td]2.7[/td][td]3.4[/td][td]6.1[/td][td].105[/td][/tr][tr][td]2010-11[/td][td]22[/td][td]OKC[/td][td]NBA[/td][td]82[/td][td]2847[/td][td]23.6[/td][td].538[/td][td].454[/td][td]5.2[/td][td]10.3[/td][td]7.8[/td][td]42.7[/td][td]2.8[/td][td]0.8[/td][td]15.9[/td][td]31.6[/td][td]110[/td][td]107[/td][td]6.3[/td][td]3.1[/td][td]9.4[/td][td].159[/td][/tr][tr][td]2011-12[/td][td]23[/td][td]OKC[/td][td]NBA[/td][td]50[/td][td]1783[/td][td]23.6[/td][td].552[/td][td].501[/td][td]4.9[/td][td]9.3[/td][td]7.2[/td][td]29.4[/td][td]2.4[/td][td]0.6[/td][td]14.7[/td][td]32.6[/td][td]109[/td][td]105[/td][td]4.7[/td][td]1.7[/td][td]6.4[/td][td].172[/td][/tr][/table]
Rondo

[table][tr][th=""]Season[/th][th=""]Age[/th][th=""]Tm[/th][th=""]Lg[/th][th=""]G[/th][th=""]MP[/th][th=""]PER[/th][th=""]TS%[/th][th=""]eFG%[/th][th=""]ORB%[/th][th=""]DRB%[/th][th=""]TRB%[/th][th=""]AST%[/th][th=""]STL%[/th][th=""]BLK%[/th][th=""]TOV%[/th][th=""]USG%[/th][th=""]ORtg[/th][th=""]DRtg[/th][th=""]OWS[/th][th=""]DWS[/th][th=""]WS[/th][th=""]WS/48[/th][/tr][tr][td]2006-07[/td][td]20[/td][td]BOS[/td][td]NBA[/td][td]78[/td][td]1831[/td][td]13.1[/td][td].472[/td][td].424[/td][td]4.7[/td][td]14.6[/td][td]9.5[/td][td]26.3[/td][td]3.6[/td][td]0.3[/td][td]20.5[/td][td]16.5[/td][td]97[/td][td]103[/td][td]-0.1[/td][td]2.6[/td][td]2.4[/td][td].064[/td][/tr][tr][td]2007-08[/td][td]21[/td][td]BOS[/td][td]NBA[/td][td]77[/td][td]2306[/td][td]15.6[/td][td].515[/td][td].496[/td][td]4.3[/td][td]11.9[/td][td]8.3[/td][td]28.2[/td][td]3.0[/td][td]0.5[/td][td]15.7[/td][td]18.9[/td][td]107[/td][td]98[/td][td]2.3[/td][td]4.9[/td][td]7.2[/td][td].150[/td][/tr][tr][td]2008-09[/td][td]22[/td][td]BOS[/td][td]NBA[/td][td]80[/td][td]2642[/td][td]18.8[/td][td].543[/td][td].514[/td][td]4.8[/td][td]13.9[/td][td]9.6[/td][td]39.7[/td][td]3.0[/td][td]0.3[/td][td]19.2[/td][td]19.2[/td][td]114[/td][td]101[/td][td]4.8[/td][td]5.1[/td][td]9.9[/td][td].179[/td][/tr][tr][td]2009-10[/td][td]23[/td][td]BOS[/td][td]NBA[/td][td]81[/td][td]2963[/td][td]19.1[/td][td].540[/td][td].517[/td][td]4.3[/td][td]10.5[/td][td]7.5[/td][td]43.7[/td][td]3.3[/td][td]0.3[/td][td]19.3[/td][td]20.2[/td][td]111[/td][td]103[/td][td]4.9[/td][td]4.7[/td][td]9.6[/td][td].156[/td][/tr][tr][td]2010-11[/td][td]24[/td][td]BOS[/td][td]NBA[/td][td]68[/td][td]2527[/td][td]17.1[/td][td].495[/td][td].482[/td][td]4.5[/td][td]9.7[/td][td]7.2[/td][td]47.1[/td][td]3.2[/td][td]0.3[/td][td]24.3[/td][td]18.3[/td][td]104[/td][td]100[/td][td]1.8[/td][td]4.8[/td][td]6.6[/td][td].126[/td][/tr][tr][td]2011-12[/td][td]25[/td][td]BOS[/td][td]NBA[/td][td]40[/td][td]1474[/td][td]17.0[/td][td].487[/td][td].459[/td][td]3.9[/td][td]11.1[/td][td]7.6[/td][td]49.8[/td][td]2.5[/td][td]0.1[/td][td]22.4[/td][td]21.4[/td][td]100[/td][td]100[/td][td]0.9[/td][td]2.3[/td][td]3.2[/td][td].104
[/td][/tr][/table]
This year Rondo averages five more assists with equal turnovers, although Russ did average 8.4 assists the two years prior. No one would argue that Rondo is the superior passer and facilitator. But right now? This season? Russ shoots better, rebounds equally, steals equally, lower TO%, higher wins shares, and has a higher PER

And this you seemed to miss..

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Oklahoma City leads the league in efficiency with 107.6 points per 100 possessions, according to NBA.com.With Westbrook, Harden, and Durant, on the court together, that number jumps all the way to a ridiculous 115.2 points per 100 possessions. No team has ever scored at a rate that high. The 1986-87 Lakers, the most efficient offense in NBA history, averaged 2.1 points per 100 possessions fewer than the Thunder have averaged with Durant, Westbrook and Harden on the court together this season, according to NBA.com.
Link

So they need a more efficient PG, in order to lead the league more than 1st place in efficiency? So Russ, Durant, Harden are a historically efficient trio.. but they need a more efficient PG?

I like Rondo, he's a great basketball player and point guard... but come on.

Russy is fine playing the way he does, he simply needs to stop making the 3 or 4 "W T F was he thinking plays" he makes every night.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Originally Posted by FlacoBey

In 5 years

Westbrook > Durant

LOL.

only if Durant starts smoking, drinking, and eats at buffet constantly
laugh.gif
.....or get into a car wreck....or gets a serious injury like TMAC, Penny, B Roy........or else Westbrook ain't > Durant

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

roll.gif
roll.gif
So you're excusing those performances? My goodness. Apologist on line 1.
And your completely ignoring the fact ....actually let me just stop here. Have a good day sir

Somebody said it best in a Russell Westbrook thread a few months ago........as a team the Thunder NEED a facilitator, Russell Westbrook facilitates his own shots.

Why are you so sure that is what they need? They have gotten better EVERY year since he has been there with him as the "PG." So why all of a sudden do they need something different? I could see if they have failed in a situation in which they were expected to succeed but they haven't. Again, can the dude fail before we write him off?
And also, every time Westbrook takes a shot in a clutch situation it doesn't mean KD was open, available to receive a pass, or Russ waved him off. There have been numerous times I have watched KD hounded away from the ball and not in a position to get the pass. What is Russ to do? Wait? Yea ok.

Like BigJ said, people are followers and this is another example of people following.

Just like

LeBron not being clutch

Shaq makes free throws in the clutch

Melo is the best "pure" scorer in the NBA (whatever the hell that ever meant)

Some things are said, people repeat them so damn much to the point where going against it is viewed as not having common sense. This situation is just that.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

They need more efficient PG? Why's that?

Why not? Westbrook has twice led the league in turnovers and just this season has a higher FG % than Rondo. Before this season, Rondo's worst FG% was his rookie season. Westbrook's FG% this season is still lower than Rondo's career FG% by a wide margin. Maybe I'm old school but I flat out do not like Westbrook's game. Rose, Paul, Rondo, Deron and Parker are all better PG's. 
That trio stuff is laughable. I won't even entertain it. He's clearly the beneficiary of the other 2 players, not the other way around. 

FG% doesn't tell the whole story, Westbrook takes more 3's than Rondo.

And your disregard of the trio stat is quite telling. Like many people, you seem to think that the Thunder's success has nothing to do with Westbrook, but instead he's holding them back. If Westbrook is apart of the league's most efficient offense, then you shouldn't really use efficiency in your argument of why they NEED a better PG.

I like Russ man, but if he does the same thing he did in the playoffs last season this season... I will be voiceless. Dude made me lose my mind last playoffs..
laugh.gif

OKC
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Somebody said it best in a Russell Westbrook thread a few months ago........as a team the Thunder NEED a facilitator, Russell Westbrook facilitates his own shots.

Why are you so sure that is what they need? They have gotten better EVERY year since he has been there with him as the "PG." So why all of a sudden do they need something different? I could see if they have failed in a situation in which they were expected to succeed but they haven't. Again, can the dude fail before we write him off?
And also, every time Westbrook takes a shot in a clutch situation it doesn't mean KD was open, available to receive a pass, or Russ waved him off. There have been numerous times I have watched KD hounded away from the ball and not in a position to get the pass. What is Russ to do? Wait? Yea ok.

Like BigJ said, people are followers and this is another example of people following.

Just like

LeBron not being clutch

Shaq makes free throws in the clutch

Melo is the best "pure" scorer in the NBA (whatever the hell that ever meant)

Some things are said, people repeat them so damn much to the point where going against it is viewed as not having common sense. This situation is just that.
My man spit 100% truth here.

I don't care what y'all say...Durant is a better PG than this ball-hog chucker.

A PG who throws up 27 shots a game? Gimme a break....

Back
Top Bottom