Would you get a tattoo of your team if you were a DIE HARD fan?

Logos change.

So do colors of teams.

And teams move.

So no.

The only tattoos that I would consider if I were a fan of these teams would be the Yankees, Reds, or Celtics. Maybe Red Wings.

Yankees are obviously going nowhere, and their 'NY' stands for more than just the Yankees, so if I were from there and a fan of the team, yeah, I would consider it.

Now take that same sentence and substitute 'Reds' for 'Yankees', and 'C' for 'NY'.

Celtics aren't going anywhere, and they've had the same logo and colors all this time, but what to get? That damn leprechaun?
laugh.gif

Red Wings logo might be alright, but also makes people think if the boots. :/

Yankees 'NY' and Reds 'C'? Acceptable, at least in my opinion.

Saw FIRST B0RN post and that reminded me of the StL logo, which I personally think is also acceptable. Again, the Cardinals are going anywhere, that logo has been used for decades, and for me, when I see you, I don't just think of the team; I also assume that person is from that city.

My cousin has the Denver broncos logo on her leg. I asked her "So when the broncos change their logo again are you gonna get the new logo tatted on your other leg?" she got the sad face with a quicknes
laugh.gif

My cousin has the Denver broncos logo on her leg. I asked her "So when the broncos change their logo again are you gonna get the new logo tatted on your other leg?" she got the sad face with a quicknes
laugh.gif

Naw

Someone on Opening Night got a Timberwolves logo tattoo for a Klondike bar
roll.gif
Wish I could find pictures of it.

Naw

Someone on Opening Night got a Timberwolves logo tattoo for a Klondike bar
roll.gif
Wish I could find pictures of it.

i've thought about it (don't have any tats and won't get any)

but if i did, make Herbie Black and give him a fro

i've thought about it (don't have any tats and won't get any)

but if i did, make Herbie Black and give him a fro

I don't see a reason for having a tattoo of a team unless you went to the school or you actually played for them. 

I don't see a reason for having a tattoo of a team unless you went to the school or you actually played for them. 

The issue isn't really whether you should get the tattoo, it's whether it's healthy to support a sports team to the point that you would consider permanently engraving their logo into your body.

But the fact that you are seriously considering this probably means that you are so emotionally invested in the team that you'd be a different person if you stopped being such a die-hard fan. Duke's basketball team is a part of your psyche.

So really, you might as well get the tattoo and just embrace who you are fully, because it seems that you're so deep into supporting the team that any rational conversation about the possible detrimental effects of supporting a sports team/corporation to this extent will likely be lost on you.
And IMO people getting the NY logo tat is way different. Most are doing it to represent the city more than they are doing it to represent the ballclub. Maybe I'm wrong about that but it always seemed to me to be more about repping where you grew up. 

The issue isn't really whether you should get the tattoo, it's whether it's healthy to support a sports team to the point that you would consider permanently engraving their logo into your body.

But the fact that you are seriously considering this probably means that you are so emotionally invested in the team that you'd be a different person if you stopped being such a die-hard fan. Duke's basketball team is a part of your psyche.

So really, you might as well get the tattoo and just embrace who you are fully, because it seems that you're so deep into supporting the team that any rational conversation about the possible detrimental effects of supporting a sports team/corporation to this extent will likely be lost on you.
And IMO people getting the NY logo tat is way different. Most are doing it to represent the city more than they are doing it to represent the ballclub. Maybe I'm wrong about that but it always seemed to me to be more about repping where you grew up. 

Persia getting all rational in here! Yeah kinda like the Pittsburgh 'P', not just for a team and won't change. But again the only one I'd ever consider is the Miami 'M'

Persia getting all rational in here! Yeah kinda like the Pittsburgh 'P', not just for a team and won't change. But again the only one I'd ever consider is the Miami 'M'

I'd get the State "S" somewhere (Only because I'm also a student). It couldn't be anywhere obnoxious like that NE tat, though.

I'd get the State "S" somewhere (Only because I'm also a student). It couldn't be anywhere obnoxious like that NE tat, though.

Back
Top Bottom