would you marry a chick that refuses to take your last name?

I never understood why women wouldn't want to take their husband'sast name. If we adhere to all the other traditions, one knee proposal, engagement ring, getting the families blessing etc. why not follow all the way through? It's a power thing, and I believe their is a correlation between not taking the husband's last name and the divorce rate.

in terms of the wife taking the husband's last name its most cultural, some can be religious.

And in this case...that culture would be...

English

I know it's not cultural to MY ancestry.

sass2.png

The legacy thing is the biggest BS ever cause if 99.99% people won't have a legacy after they die, only the few men will whether they have kids or not, Leonardo DiCaprio if he never has kids will still be Leo DiCaprio after he dies. Wilt Chamberlain, Jimmy Goldstein, Pony Ma, etc. The dudes talking about this don't have an empire to pass down to the kids anyways

I was just about to mention something like this. Always hear dudes that are doing nothing or have achieved nothing in life talking about "I need to pass down my legacy to my heirs" :lol: Not saying that everyone in here is like that, but the dudes most vocal and violent about it usually are.

And in this case...that culture would be...

English

I know it's not cultural to MY ancestry.

sass2.png

It's like a lot of these people don't even know about Latinos :lol: who (outside of the US) have a completely different naming system where the woman never takes the husband's "last name" (putting in quotes cause everyone has 2 last names, one from their father and one from their mother) I'm not even going to get into how crazy Portuguese last names can get (even though most people use their paternal last name) :lol:

I was just about to mention something like this. Always hear dudes that are doing nothing or have achieved nothing in life talking about "I need to pass down my legacy to my heirs" :lol: Not saying that everyone in here is like that, but the dudes most vocal and violent about it usually are.

Yeah I guess I have a pretty alternative view to this and to a lot of societal and cultural norms but the whole legacy and passing **** on. Come on, once you’re dead, ya dead :lol:. Just wasting livin time

It's like a lot of these people don't even know about Latinos :lol: who (outside of the US) have a completely different naming system where the woman never takes the husband's "last name" (putting in quotes cause everyone has 2 last names, one from their father and one from their mother) I'm not even going to get into how crazy Portuguese last names can get (even though most people use their paternal last name) :lol:

We as in Americans nimwit. :ohwell:Maybe I should have said why is it commonplace in America. That better?

You funny tho. Take a rep.

Do you have actually have a response to the post tho?

Yeah I guess I have a pretty alternative view to this and to a lot of societal and cultural norms but the whole legacy and passing **** on. Come on, once you’re dead, ya dead :lol:. Just wasting livin time

I mean, I personally know a dude who said he needs to pass on his family name; meanwhile dude is 28 and unemployable due to felonies for selling Xanax and DUIs, while all his parents/siblings are highly educated and make very good money. At this point I think his future generations are much better off without his legacy.

What if everybody did the Spanish thing and have both family names?

I've never heard of regular people doing this, I guess I don't know enough people?
I only hear famous women keeping their last name.

Spanish names be long as **** :lol:

My mind was blown when I started looking up the full names of the Spanish dudes in the NBA

I'm assuming it's similar in Spanish/Latino naming traditions, but in Portugal you can have 6 last names sometimes. 2 names from your dad, 2 names from your mom, and 2 names from your husband if you're a female :lol:

We as in Americans nimwit. :ohwell:Maybe I should have said why is it commonplace in America. That better?

You funny tho. Take a rep.

You're the one who made the mistake yet im the nimwit, huh.

You writing "we," implying your culture takes the man's last name is the complete opposite to you stating that your "cultural ancestry" doesn't practice taking the man's last name. When you make a mistake, how about you own up to it instead of trying to dance around it.

The answer would still be the same.

No lie I knew a dude named

Sandeep Sandhu and his girlfriend’s name was Sandeep Sandhu

So she would be Sandeep Sandhu- Sandhu

You're the one who made the mistake yet im the nimwit, huh.

You writing "we," implying your culture takes the man's last name is the complete opposite to you stating that your "cultural ancestry" doesn't practice taking the man's last name. When you make a mistake, how about you own up to it instead of trying to dance around it.

The answer would still be the same.

I didn't dance around it ....I very clearly stated what I should have said.

FOH B

Last edited:
My answer to the thread subject:

No.

However, another man's choice about this topic is non of my business. Unless it harms me or my properties, just do you.

Back
Top Bottom