Would you say most men cheat on their wives?

noticed a lot of people at work cheat on their wives. and they seem to brag about it.. disgusting
mean.gif

This.

Can't stand when people brag about that type of thing.
lol!
I am terrible person then. One of the reasons MADMEN is my absolute favorite show. They are open about cheating in the office.

what I hate is how people PRETEND to feel bad about it. If you did it without being raped, you only feel bad that you got caught, or that someone knows what you did. At least those bragging are not lying to themselves.

noticed a lot of people at work cheat on their wives. and they seem to brag about it.. disgusting :smh:

Those people at your work are dumb to admit it cause people gossip. Divorce gets pretty expensive depending if they live in a fault/no fault or community property State. Emotional distress suits, spousal support payments... :smh:.

Just to give some insight into cheating and monogamy from a evolutionary behaviorist perspective. In the animal Kingdom the Alpha male maximizes genetic fitness by acquiring as many females as possible, The Beta male has a chance to steal from courtships from the Alpha male because the Alpha cannot monitor the behavior of every single female in the group. Monogamy evolved as a strategy for Beta males to guarantee some of their genes get passed on to the next generation.

Another plausible theory for monogamy has to do with giving offspring optimal chances at survival. With both parents being there some species have a better chance of raising their young to adulthood, especially during times of scarce resources or rampant predation. Polygamy and monogamy are equally natural, it is depends on a lot of factors.

#end rant.

Just to give some insight into cheating and monogamy from a evolutionary behaviorist perspective. In the animal Kingdom the Alpha male maximizes genetic fitness by acquiring as many females as possible, The Beta male has a chance to steal from courtships from the Alpha male because the Alpha cannot monitor the behavior of every single female in the group. Monogamy evolved as a strategy for Beta males to guarantee some of their genes get passed on to the next generation.

Another plausible theory for monogamy has to do with giving offspring optimal chances at survival. With both parents being there some species have a better chance of raising their young to adulthood, especially during times of scarce resources or rampant predation. Polygamy and monogamy are equally natural, it is depends on a lot of factors.

#end rant.
Talked about this in my science class like two weeks ago, one of those off topic moments the teacher gets to lol

The first theory would only make sense if it were the omega male who started that monogamy thing. The Alpha and Beta are usually competing and the Beta shouldnt have any trouble scoring. Hell in many species the alpha and beta poke fun at the omega male.

Natural..... i dont think it means what you think it means.

If you have to artificially create a concept then it isnt natural. Some animals are monogamists, but animal's brains work differently. Monogamy is natural to them. It obviously isnt to us

We aren't made to be monogamous. I couldn't imagine spending the rest of my life with one person.

I gotta catch em all (pause).

I can't imagine myself with one person either, as I explained earlier. But lets say I get tired of cheating on my future main *******.
Then I have to live a life of monogamy with the thought of what would happen to my hard earned money when she claims "irreconcilable differences"

The first theory would only make sense if it were the omega male who started that monogamy thing. The Alpha and Beta are usually competing and the Beta shouldnt have any trouble scoring. Hell in many species the alpha and beta poke fun at the omega male.

Natural..... i dont think it means what you think it means.

If you have to artificially create a concept then it isnt natural. Some animals are monogamists, but animal's brains work differently. Monogamy is natural to them. It obviously isnt to us

Yea, no a lot of birds are monogamous but they cheat all the time it's documented. It isn't that clear cut, very few animals are STRICTLY monogamous.

How is monogamy an artificial concept? Even if it is a social construct, it still makes it natural because who is to say it wasn't constructed by men who saw its advantages. Human beings consciously and subconsciously make a lot of decisions, that may seem artificial to some.

Usually there is one Alpha and multiple Betas in a community eg. if you look at chimps. In Humans its probably not that simplistic, but there are more desirable males than others in humans. Eg. a rich doctor would be considered an alpha, or a very handsome man would be considered an alpha because they are more desirable to females it is easier for them to cheat. Beta are less desirable males who make their mark by finding one good female and establishing a relationship, these males are also less likely to cheat for obvious reasons. It would ruin a good thing, or they simply don't have enough desirability to find other women.

I don't know where "omegas" come into this. Is an Omega like a leper or something?

Yea, no a lot of birds are monogamous but they cheat all the time it's documented. It isn't that clear cut, very few animals are STRICTLY monogamous.

How is monogamy an artificial concept? Even if it is a social construct, it still makes it natural because who is to say it wasn't constructed by men who saw its advantages. Human beings consciously and subconsciously make a lot of decisions, that may seem artificial to some.

Usually there is one Alpha and multiple Betas in a community eg. if you look at chimps. In Humans its probably not that simplistic, but there are more desirable males than others in humans. Eg. a rich doctor would be considered an alpha, or a very handsome man would be considered an alpha because they are more desirable to females it is easier for them to cheat. Beta are less desirable males who make their mark by finding one good female and establishing a relationship, these males are also less likely to cheat for obvious reasons. It would ruin a good thing, or they simply don't have enough desirability to find other women.

I don't know where "omegas" come into this. Is an Omega like a leper or something?
Omega males in terms of humans are ones with no money, no looks and maybe average personality. The type of guys who somehow got a girl and married the first girl they could get. It would only make sense for them. Imagine how it would be for that guy if polygamy was the accepted standard. They may be smart sometimes. So if anyone invented monogamy/marriage, it would have to be them

Last edited:
Omega males in terms of humans are ones with no money, no looks and maybe average personality. The type of guys who somehow got a girl and married the first girl they could get. It would only make sense for them. Imagine how it would be for that guy if polygamy was the accepted standard. They may be smart sometimes. So if anyone invented monogamy/marriage, it would have to be them

Nothing you said here was intelligent.

Alpha and Beta are terms typically used in animal social systems...typically non-human apes. You are making a stupid attempt to further break down humans into multiple of these classes. If there is an omega, there are certainly another class slightly above an omega that would also benefit from monogamy. Let's keep this simple and stick to Alphas and Betas.

Letter Name Sound value
Ancient[5] Modern[6]
Α α alpha [a] [aː] [a]
Β β beta [v]
Γ γ gamma [ɡ] [ɣ] ~ [ʝ]
Δ δ delta [d] [ð]
Ε ε epsilon [e] [e]
Ζ ζ zeta [zd] (or [dz][7]) [z]
Η η eta [ɛː]
Θ θ theta [tʰ] [θ]
Ι ι iota [iː]
Κ κ kappa [k] [k] ~ [c]
Λ λ lambda [l] [l]
Μ μ mu [m] [m]

Letter Name Sound value
Ancient Modern
Ν ν nu [n] [n]
Ξ ξ xi [ks] [ks]
Ο ο omicron [o] [o]
Π π pi [p] [p]
Ρ ρ rho [r] [r]
Σ σς sigma
Τ τ tau [t] [t]
Υ υ upsilon [y] [yː]
Φ φ phi [pʰ] [f]
Χ χ chi [kʰ] [x] ~ [ç]
Ψ ψ psi [ps] [ps]
Ω ω omega [ɔː] [o]

An omega would just be a dead guy.

Last edited:

#end rant.
so... is the female cheating on the alpha male?

In in your side... monogamy is manufactured ... just asking from a biological standpoint ..

so... is the female cheating on the alpha male?

In in your side... monogamy is manufactured ... just asking from a biological standpoint ..

Um the Alpha males are sleeping with multiple females. Females also do the same thing, I've heard similar theories about why women cheat. They cheat cause they found a better specimen, I mean this is kinda intuitive if you think about it.

Monogamy isn't "manufactured", it is a strategy. I think "Marriage" is manufactured. In the animal Kingdom some birds mate for life, while some are only monogamous for a mating season. They then find another female for another mating season. Monogamy doesn't necessary=being with someone for life. This may just be my opinion based on what I know about animal behavior.

Last edited:
Nothing you said here was intelligent.

Alpha and Beta are terms typically used in animal social systems...typically non-human apes. You are making a stupid attempt to further break down humans into multiple of these classes. If there is an omega, there are certainly another class slightly above an omega that would also benefit from monogamy. Let's keep this simple and stick to Alphas and Betas.

An omega would just be a dead guy.
You serious bruh?

Yah my comment sure was stupid :smh:

Alpha and betas are both at the top. Alphas are off course higher. You think 70 women will all keep trying for Alphas? Alphas are at the top and have no problem getting yambs no matter what species.

But like I said I am done with this conversation. Trying to undermine me but you were wrong :smh: :stoneface:
Then you threw a greek alphabet lesson at me which proved no point

Last edited:
There is no such thing as alpha and beta humans either

There isn't, it was an attempt for me to extrapolate a theory used in animals to humans. That's why I was like why is this guy bringing Omegas into this.

However, the theory sort of applies to humans but it isn't that simple.

Last edited:
You are using Alphas and Betas as examples. Alphas being doctors, or very attractive men. Very desired men in society. But women know that they can't get with the Alphas that easy. You think Johnny Depp gives most ******* the time of day? Betas are definitely suitable partners. Who don't need monogamy to get yambs like you insinuated with your one post. I am saying that would be the Omegas. The guys where yambs dont fall into their laps.

Now you are saying there is no such thing as Alphas and Betas in humans. Okay. But in your theorethical example only alphas and betas exist. Like saying ever male is an actor or a doctor.

Back
Top Bottom