Would you Tip?

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by Dwele Farooq Al Suleed Afzul

I've never known teens to really %$+$# about tipping though. It's always the adult servers/delivery drivers/cab-bus drivers/bellhops/people who put your food in a bag that they didn't cook/cash register people who want to act all indignant about how much money they make. Hell the list would have been shorter of people who don't think they need a tip.

And yes, given the little amount of intelligence involved in most menial minimum wage w/ tip jobs, you'd think that work force would be more grateful to be employed and %$+$# less.
Not tipping is just greed and selfishness. Point blank. 
Everybody needs to eat. I want to live in a society not the jungle. 

I tip even when I prob shouldn't. I rather err on the side of giving too much then too little. 

The funny thing is you greedy folks don't realize that money comes and goes. If you won't lose it by giving someone a tip, you're gonna lose it/have it taken away another way. That money which I provide as a tip will eventually get back to me in form or another. I have no worries of letting go of a few dollars in order to benefit another person for a service they provide. 
Where'd you learn that? At church? Well I'll lose my money paying for something once, not paying someone to do a job they already get paid to do. The word "service" is meaningless anyways. Damn near any job qualifies, but it's something the shrewd business owners and stupid employees who work for them try to use to guilt people into overpaying them. !@%* that. They charge like a 3$ delivery charge already, plus I know delivery drivers get gas and mileage. In fact, delivery drivers for Papa John's down here make on average about 16$ an hr. That's better than most jobs, even professionals like accountants would be happy to get that. So, they'll be alright.

I've never known teens to really %$+$# about tipping though. It's always the adult servers/delivery drivers/cab-bus drivers/bellhops/people who put your food in a bag that they didn't cook/cash register people who want to act all indignant about how much money they make. Hell the list would have been shorter of people who don't think they need a tip.

And yes, given the little amount of intelligence involved in most menial minimum wage w/ tip jobs, you'd think that work force would be more grateful to be employed and %$+$# less.
Not tipping is just greed and selfishness. Point blank. 
Everybody needs to eat. I want to live in a society not the jungle. 

I tip even when I prob shouldn't. I rather err on the side of giving too much then too little. 

The funny thing is you greedy folks don't realize that money comes and goes. If you won't lose it by giving someone a tip, you're gonna lose it/have it taken away another way. That money which I provide as a tip will eventually get back to me in form or another. I have no worries of letting go of a few dollars in order to benefit another person for a service they provide. 
Where'd you learn that? At church? Well I'll lose my money paying for something once, not paying someone to do a job they already get paid to do. The word "service" is meaningless anyways. Damn near any job qualifies, but it's something the shrewd business owners and stupid employees who work for them try to use to guilt people into overpaying them. !@%* that. They charge like a 3$ delivery charge already, plus I know delivery drivers get gas and mileage. In fact, delivery drivers for Papa John's down here make on average about 16$ an hr. That's better than most jobs, even professionals like accountants would be happy to get that. So, they'll be alright.

Tip him a piece a gum. Theres plenty of more where that came from!
smile.gif

Dwele Farooq Al Suleed Afzul wrote:

Can't step foot in a church. Against the rules. Then again I don't follow the tenets of my own religion to closely either.
laugh.gif

You're mad that someone might be making ~32k/year? Cuz that's what $16 amounts to full time. Even then you're at the high end of the wage scale. 

Tips are a way for business owners to shift costs unto consumers but until the law changes that I can't punish employees for it. If my few dollars can contribute to someone else making a bit more money then I'm glad. I'll do it as long as I'm able to. These are people working minimum/near minimum wage. Even 15/hr ain't +$%* in today's America. This isn't the 70's. If you've had one of these lower paying jobs as a teenager/ young adult then  you know how %%@%%! they are. Even more of a reason to have some compassion for people and help them a bit if you can. 

Can't step foot in a church. Against the rules. Then again I don't follow the tenets of my own religion to closely either.
laugh.gif

You're mad that someone might be making ~32k/year? Cuz that's what $16 amounts to full time. Even then you're at the high end of the wage scale. 

Tips are a way for business owners to shift costs unto consumers but until the law changes that I can't punish employees for it. If my few dollars can contribute to someone else making a bit more money then I'm glad. I'll do it as long as I'm able to. These are people working minimum/near minimum wage. Even 15/hr ain't +$%* in today's America. This isn't the 70's. If you've had one of these lower paying jobs as a teenager/ young adult then  you know how %%@%%! they are. Even more of a reason to have some compassion for people and help them a bit if you can. 

Im not too good on tipping i think if they work there as a driver, their choice.
eyes.gif
  Besides if i dont tip, im just ONE customer they'll probably have multiple deliveries that day so i wouldnt feel horrible. 

Im not too good on tipping i think if they work there as a driver, their choice.
eyes.gif
  Besides if i dont tip, im just ONE customer they'll probably have multiple deliveries that day so i wouldnt feel horrible. 

laugh.gif

Actually I have and it doesn't change my opinion 1 bit. Someone could give me a $100 tip and though I'd be happy, I'd still feel like they are getting duped.

And $32k a yr is good money nowadays, especially given the simplicity of most of these "service" jobs. Most people with college educations are happy to get that. If you can make that bagging food and filling up cups, you might as well wear a ski mask and black gloves when you cash your paychecks.

With little exception (particularly the entertainment sector), the amount of money you make it directly proportional to the level of skills/knowledge involved in your job, with then impacts the amount of people in the pool of those able to do it.

When you're doing something that requires like that much "*snaps fingers* brain power, your wages are relatively proportionate.

How much do people think they should make? People at Wal Mart or other Department Stores who do night shelf stocking make like 8$ an hour and that's far more laborious. Hell, in OK and TX police don't even make 35k starting out so the fact someone working at Olive Garden can easily make that much by servicing only an average of 2 tables of 4 and getting 10% tips is ridiculous.

laugh.gif

Actually I have and it doesn't change my opinion 1 bit. Someone could give me a $100 tip and though I'd be happy, I'd still feel like they are getting duped.

And $32k a yr is good money nowadays, especially given the simplicity of most of these "service" jobs. Most people with college educations are happy to get that. If you can make that bagging food and filling up cups, you might as well wear a ski mask and black gloves when you cash your paychecks.

With little exception (particularly the entertainment sector), the amount of money you make it directly proportional to the level of skills/knowledge involved in your job, with then impacts the amount of people in the pool of those able to do it.

When you're doing something that requires like that much "*snaps fingers* brain power, your wages are relatively proportionate.

How much do people think they should make? People at Wal Mart or other Department Stores who do night shelf stocking make like 8$ an hour and that's far more laborious. Hell, in OK and TX police don't even make 35k starting out so the fact someone working at Olive Garden can easily make that much by servicing only an average of 2 tables of 4 and getting 10% tips is ridiculous.

Originally Posted by frijo sneaker

smile.gif

Home Alone reference, nice.
smokin.gif

Anyway's, I usually tip 3 bucks; pending if they actually bring the extra napkins I always ask for... then it's $2.
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by frijo sneaker

smile.gif

Home Alone reference, nice.
smokin.gif

Anyway's, I usually tip 3 bucks; pending if they actually bring the extra napkins I always ask for... then it's $2.
tongue.gif

laugh.gif

I know they're menial jobs. I don't care. What does that have to do with anything? Just because they're menial means have to treat people like #%*#?  32k ain't #%*# nowadays. If you're single and living at home that's sort of decent but anything past that and lights out. This isn't the 1970's partner. I'm not even gonna touch $8/hr or what passes for min wage in this country. 
When I was a teen I used to work with this 63 yr old dude who made $8/hr back when he came into the US as an illegal from Canada (originally from Guyana) in 1978.
laugh.gif
 Just goes to show you how wages have stagnated in this country for the last 3 decades. No reason to punish ordinary folks for it. 

laugh.gif

I know they're menial jobs. I don't care. What does that have to do with anything? Just because they're menial means have to treat people like #%*#?  32k ain't #%*# nowadays. If you're single and living at home that's sort of decent but anything past that and lights out. This isn't the 1970's partner. I'm not even gonna touch $8/hr or what passes for min wage in this country. 
When I was a teen I used to work with this 63 yr old dude who made $8/hr back when he came into the US as an illegal from Canada (originally from Guyana) in 1978.
laugh.gif
 Just goes to show you how wages have stagnated in this country for the last 3 decades. No reason to punish ordinary folks for it. 

I work in IT for the Department of Defense and we have to have Security +, A+, a Secret Clearance, and Network + and that's what they started us out at. In Government GS jobs, 32k is equivalent to a GS7 which you generally can't get without years of experience and college or some sort of preference like prior Military service in that same position.

If they feel like sub minimal wage is treating them like #+*!, whos fault is that? Hell, get a better job. Get an education.

Again, these are jobs they voluntarily signed up for. If you were enslaved into sub minimum wage + tips jobs, then yes you could guilt me into feeling sorry for you and throwing you a few bucks even though I could have easily done what you did myself and frankly would probably prefer to since they have a tendency to get salty and want to *@%$ with your food, or your car, or whatever the case may be.

Back
Top Bottom