WOW!!

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

I literally sat and read thru this whole post with this same expression...

f472518e3072d2a49c7ea620de3f7307be12ad5.gif

This seriously should be archived!! As much as I think I know about footwear and the specifics that are invovled, I would have never guessed that something this deceiving could be possible. This is some interesting stuff going on.
eek.gif

^that is my EXACT reaction to this post...it just jumped from 4 pages to 10+ all of a sudden and i knew something was wrong...
smh.gif

word for word that's exactly how i feel...

even for a "sneakerhead" like me, it shows how little i know compared to the grand...ahem, pardon the pun "scheme " of things...

dudes is putting their own stitchings on shoes and modding them...wow, word to the title of this thread

[beanie sigel] what part of the game is that? [beanie sigel]

Here's the simple reasoning behind this.

If someone approached you and asked you to sell some rare shoes for him and you are a rare shoe collector yourself, why wouldn't you keep any of them foryour own collection?

The folks involved with moving this stuff are indeed collectors who pride themselves in having collections of OG and PE kicks. Why didn't they purchase theshoes for themselves? The answer to that is the answer to whether they knew the shoes were doctored or not. It is just a matter of telling the truth now. Thisis not a case of I didn't know. How often in your lifetime does an able-bodied person capable of selling their own shoes approach you and ask you to do itfor them? This must happen all the time to some of the people involved for them not to question why they were even asked to sell someone else's shoes inthe first place.

Returning money is certainly going to fix a couple of things. But until the real issues are addressed your credibility is nonexistent. Stop the charades. Every shoe that drops we hear, "I've got inside information, I've got a rare PE from my connects, my source in Nike tells me...Wanna see pics ofmy samples?" But when PE's from outerspace fall into your lap and a few dollars come with them you lose your "knowledge". Now we willhear, "I sold the shoes, but I was a victim. All of my head-swelling sneaker knowledge, that I use to impress teenagers on a message board, failedme."

We know the truth, but we need to hear you say it.

bomb squad this is much more than about a few people getting fruad...
if things like this continued what would this hobby turn into?
think about the long run and nike should do something about this to protect its customers and collectors

The Jordan Massacre. Haha very appropriate name for what this has turned into. I guess this is by far the biggest scandal on NT since the Meth vs $teveincident last year

Originally Posted by oidreez

eh its wrong to fraud people but people shouldnt be spending thousands on shoes
^^
indifferent.gif
... who the #@ck are you todetermine what people should or shouldn't do with their own money? the nerve of this guy.

if things like this continued what would this hobby turn into?
Fakes have been around for years now and what has Nike done? You expect Nike to jump in and help out now that some guys with lots of money to blowgot taken?

I know this may sound rude but I bet you anything Nike employees are laughing about this more then worrying.

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

damn they're just shoes. dudes acting like theyre buying kidneys
log off NT and never come back. Better yet, post in ISS. The new members will love you over there.

Big ups to to Raj, Mar, theshoegame, IamSole, and everyone else who helped expose this. Hopefully justice is served and this guy "Lu" gets what he deserves for frauding people.

I was looking at an auction the other night and this guy had in his description something about how he hasnever heard of a 50% authentic shoe. I immediately thought back to this thread and said to myself, "I have."

eek.gif
@ this whole post...major props to allthe dudes in here dropping knowledge and working this out.

I've gotten email by random people wanting to use my rep as a seller to push their shoes and each and every one has been deleted...you know something is upwhen someone else wants you to sell their stuff for you.

the auction officially reads now....... "The seller ended this listing early because the item is no longer available for sale." wonder if someoneactually bought it outside ebay or if this influenced the outcome?

Originally Posted by soychulo

Here's the simple reasoning behind this.

If someone approached you and asked you to sell some rare shoes for him and you are a rare shoe collector yourself, why wouldn't you keep any of them for your own collection?

The folks involved with moving this stuff are indeed collectors who pride themselves in having collections of OG and PE kicks. Why didn't they purchase the shoes for themselves? The answer to that is the answer to whether they knew the shoes were doctored or not. It is just a matter of telling the truth now. This is not a case of I didn't know. How often in your lifetime does an able-bodied person capable of selling their own shoes approach you and ask you to do it for them? This must happen all the time to some of the people involved for them not to question why they were even asked to sell someone else's shoes in the first place.

Returning money is certainly going to fix a couple of things. But until the real issues are addressed your credibility is nonexistent. Stop the charades. Every shoe that drops we hear, "I've got inside information, I've got a rare PE from my connects, my source in Nike tells me...Wanna see pics of my samples?" But when PE's from outerspace fall into your lap and a few dollars come with them you lose your "knowledge". Now we will hear, "I sold the shoes, but I was a victim. All of my head-swelling sneaker knowledge, that I use to impress teenagers on a message board, failed me."

We know the truth, but we need to hear you say it.
vimsn7.jpg
PO

IMO He wsnt going to sell those Xs...Just using them to attract people to sell the altered shoes. Whether it was going to be a shell bidder winning, or anauction ended early, they werent going to be sold.

if lu claims he likes to stay low then im pretty sure he just butchers his english to make you guys think he´s an immigrant or w/e. dont wana offend anyone bysaying this. thats just my opinion. so supreme when you go to sole bar keep your eyes peeled to find this man. if he claims to know who you are he willprobably be eyeing you the whole time.

Originally Posted by spacej23

Big ups to to Raj, Mar, theshoegame, IamSole, and everyone else who helped expose this. Hopefully justice is served and this guy "Lu" gets what he deserves for frauding people.

I was looking at an auction the other night and this guy had in his description something about how he has never heard of a 50% authentic shoe. I immediately thought back to this thread and said to myself, "I have."

Thanks for the "Godfathers" of the game to step up and get this out there. I dont have this kinda money to drop, but if I did, I know I would beheated to find out I got frauded. This whole thread-all 16 pgs- had me on the edge of my seat.

All I can say right now is..."Whoa".

I used to be REAL COOL with Screech, used to talk on the daily on AIM about life, kicks, and everything, 'cus he stayed doing his thing with reselling andwhat not.

It's kind of a shame to see what money can do, really. I still got respect for him though, no doubt about that, he's stayed a class act in refundingand not going in hiding.

Real big ups to Raj, Mar, iamsole, shoegame, dill, PO, and everyone who was able to help in getting this uncovered.

I haven't been in the Jordan forum in a hot minute but I used to be here every day 'cus it was what I loved, but I've moved on...(don't worry,my love is still there, actually looking around for a nice pair of SJs...just the regular kind, don't need no 45 on it or anything
laugh.gif
)

It's cool seeing all the old vets and collectors in here...whaddup Lambo, whaddup Raj, whaddup dill, and of course, whaddup screech!

I sat here for a good hour reading the whole post 'cus it brought me back to the old days (when I was like 15...
laugh.gif
) and made me value a nice legit pairof kicks a lot more.

Peace ya'll!

I can't say it enough times and I don't know how else to say it or prove it. I did not know, and still am not %101 sure they are fake. Why did I askhim if they were real? I asked this after Raja questioned the concords. Why was I selling them; because to me they were real, authentic Nike Jordans. Why did Isell them? Because off some of them if I could make 100-200 or so dollars I saw no problem doing it knowing I am selling legit, rare PE's, samples,prototypes. Why could I not tell they were fake? I am decently "knowledged" in PE's to a level, but when you are shown shoes that you have neverseen before, but only heard of and someone you trust tells you they are real you believe them. And as I have showed throughout the years I am mostly into OG1s,so the shoes did not mean much for me.
This is the best way I could put it. If I knew they were fake why would I message every guy on nt who I think is a serious buyer, look through emails from thepast and message anyone who I think is a serious collector. If I knew they were fake I would be trying to sell them locally, no pics on the internet oranything like that or connection to me, or trying to sell them to random rich guys with no knowledge of jordans.
Like I stated and so did two other guys a few page back incase you did not read it, I apologized to the guy who bought a lot of pairs from me that I am sorryand I am going to refund him his money.

And please stop emailing me about the Chi 10s ending early.

firstly, this thread is very eyeopening
eek.gif

secondly, do these shoes hold any value whatsoever? considering they are authentic shoes being butchered, would they still hold value or would they beworthless?

thirdly, it seems like this lu guy speaks english as a second language cos dude can't write for %$%%

and finally, thanks to all the REAL collectors for posting in this thread and dropping some knowledgr for a young'n like myself. as someone already posted,this was like the jedi council waxing lyrical about a problem in the republic. i am grateful to be a padawan in this game, but not if %$%% like this continuesto happen

NT let's get this sucka
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom