WOW!!

Originally Posted by theshoegame

from what I hear, Phil Knight, MJ, Tinker, Mark Smith are ALL aware of this debacle and Nike Legal has full go ahead to investigate and prosecute....buckle up and get your soda and popcorn re-filled.....regards TheShoeGame

Being aware is one thing, doing something about this tragedy is another. That is what I'm hoping will be done.

Amazing thread, Nike in here and everything
eek.gif
smh.gif
. To the people involved in this debacle
indifferent.gif

I AM working with Joe and he is trying to resolve this with me. I just want this taken care of ASAP (not in 6 months) and I haven't gotten any updates fromhim on info about Lu or when my repayment will be made. I know you ain't posting on this Joe, but hit me up. Please.

I will say this..if Nike DOESN'T do something about this after all the things I've heard about how they hate fakes and want to "protect their realcollectors", then I'm pretty much done. This is the one case where, if they don't get involved, then they simply don't care. Maybe that'sjust my point of view. I don't know.

As long as we all get our stuff back, it's fine. But the next step is to track this Lu guy down.

Originally Posted by DESH B

Originally Posted by NolanDW

MJ notified? $+*? That sounds...weird.

How? Thats like saying something is happening to microsoft and bill gates isnt notified.

How? Because this is such a small scale operation in proportion to the rest of Nike's numbers. This situation only was revealed basically in the past 3days on a shoe forum. Basically, I'd assume Nike has bigger fish to fry. I don't think you used the bestanalogy...but I see what you are saying and I'll go with it. MANY people pirate Microsoft's software on the internet--but it wouldn't be BillGate's opportunity cost to investigate a pubescent small-scale @+##**%# member who has nothing else to do with his time.

What would Michael Jordan do? The only thing I could see is what, get shoes from his private collection? Compare them to what this "Lu" characterhas done?

Although yes, this is not a good look for the "sneaker subculture", I don't think this is the future landmark Supreme Court decision some peopleare making it out to be.

My question is--what WOULD Nike do about it? What would you WANT them to do it? Just crack down "Lu"?

I must say that this is the most insane turn of events that I have ever read/witnessed.

In looking at this thread, it bring up a question about a person on another board (cough cough eye-s-s, and it's not screech) who I would conversate withfrom time to time. When I would ask him where he got his shoes, he would always mention his "supplier" of rare jordans/sb's, and it was always"Lu" or "n.i.k.e." Now he didn't dabble in PE's, but it makes me wonder if this person is also involved, perhaps not.

At any rate, I hope that justice will prevail as well as adequete punishment. This story is as exciting to watch unfold as it is disheartening to fathom.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
this post is HISTORY!!! lol!! Nike in the building and all the OG's! haventbeen in JB alot in a LOONG time! cant wait to see how this unfolds

How? Thats like saying something is happening to microsoft and bill gates isnt notified.

How? Because this is such a small scale operation in proportion to the rest of Nike's numbers. This situation only was revealed basically in the past 3 days on a shoe forum. Basically, I'd assume Nike has bigger fish to fry. I don't think you used the best analogy...but I see what you are saying and I'll go with it. MANY people pirate Microsoft's software on the internet--but it wouldn't be Bill Gate's opportunity cost to investigate a pubescent small-scale @+##**%# member who has nothing else to do with his time.

What would Michael Jordan do? The only thing I could see is what, get shoes from his private collection? Compare them to what this "Lu" character has done?

Although yes, this is not a good look for the "sneaker subculture", I don't think this is the future landmark Supreme Court decision some people are making it out to be.

My question is--what WOULD Nike do about it? What would you WANT them to do it? Just crack down "Lu"?
Nolan--Dont take this the wrong way, but that method of thinking is idiotic. Think about how many sneaker heads will see this. Forget NT. Its only amatter of time until its on ISS/HypeBeast/[insert your favorite shoe site]. This is big business. IF nike/JB loses a group of buyers then they lose out on alot, A LOT, of money. Thats how I see it anyways..

Originally Posted by yeahitsRUST

How? Because this is such a small scale operation in proportion to the rest of Nike's numbers. This situation only was revealed basically in the past 3 days on a shoe forum. Basically, I'd assume Nike has bigger fish to fry. I don't think you used the best analogy...but I see what you are saying and I'll go with it. MANY people pirate Microsoft's software on the internet--but it wouldn't be Bill Gate's opportunity cost to investigate a pubescent small-scale @+##**%# member who has nothing else to do with his time.

What would Michael Jordan do? The only thing I could see is what, get shoes from his private collection? Compare them to what this "Lu" character has done?

Although yes, this is not a good look for the "sneaker subculture", I don't think this is the future landmark Supreme Court decision some people are making it out to be.

Nolan--Dont take this the wrong way, but that method of thinking is idiotic. Think about how many sneaker heads will see this. Forget NT. Its only a matter of time until its on ISS/HypeBeast/[insert your favorite shoe site]. This is big business. IF nike/JB loses a group of buyers then they lose out on a lot, A LOT, of money. Thats how I see it anyways..

Do you really think this situation will stop that many people to currently stop buying Jordan/Nike products to the point it severely or even minutelyaffects their overall profit goals for the company? If so thats a very naive method of thinking

the craziest thing about the shoes themselves, noone DARE test the quality by wearing them. then again they are also older vintage model in talks here so whoknows.. it all really sounds like a perfect plan until now.

if these pairs are doctored whats stopping others from stitching their own pairs? i guess sample collecting is just a dangerous game to play.

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Originally Posted by yeahitsRUST

Nolan--Dont take this the wrong way, but that method of thinking is idiotic. Think about how many sneaker heads will see this. Forget NT. Its only a matter of time until its on ISS/HypeBeast/[insert your favorite shoe site]. This is big business. IF nike/JB loses a group of buyers then they lose out on a lot, A LOT, of money. Thats how I see it anyways..

Do you really think this situation will stop that many people to currently stop buying Jordan/Nike products to the point it severely or even minutely affects their overall profit goals for the company? If so thats a very naive method of thinking
NO. Im sorry for not pointing out what I meant clearly. I MEANT OGS. You have to understand, there are many people, myself included, that will shellout thousands. THOUSANDS. Of dollars for OG J's. And to be honest, with this... I will never cop an OG pair without consulting with the dudes in this post. Raj, Mar, theshoegame, IamSole, and everyone else who helped expose this...

None taken, thanks for your input and consideration. My question to you is, what loss of money to Nike are you talking about? A lot of the shoesthese collectors go after are vintage shoes never to be reproduced again, hidden in someone's basement. What they buy from eBay or third partiesdoesn't go back to Nike Inc.

Are you trying to say that what Nike does, or does not do, will affect the future decisions of the demographic of "collectors"? Sure, that can betrue, in an income-spending-income economic cycle sense. But I still think the "hardcore" demographic that would "boycott" Nike if theydidn't do anything is relatively small in comparison to the overall demographic of Air Jordan buyers.

If it's not what you're saying, then you can clarify. I'm open to what you say.

man, i step off NT for a lil over 24 hours and stuff like this happens...

the game's gettin messed up
smh.gif
lets hope karma bites this dude bad

WOW i come back to JB and all this? No wonder Screech left to the 305 all of the sudden.

On a side note i'm glad i don't care about shoes anymore. Back to COD4
pimp.gif

None taken, thanks for your input and consideration. My question to you is, what loss of money to Nike are you talking about? A lot of the shoes these collectors go after are vintage shoes never to be reproduced again, hidden in someone's basement. What they buy from eBay or third parties doesn't go back them.

Are you trying to say that what Nike does, or does not do, will affect the future decisions of the demographic of "collectors"? Sure, that can be true, in an income-spending-income economic cycle sense. But I still think the "hardcore" demographic that would "boycott" Nike if they didn't do anything is relatively small in comparison to the overall demographic of Air Jordan buyers.

If it's not what you're saying, then you can clarify. I'm open to what you say.

Thank you for understanding what I put out. But this is what im saying, myself, who honestly I have a job that pays well. I honestly intened onshelling out cash to complete a collection that only could be dreamed of. But with this surfacing, I cant trust anyone or anything. Save for the few brethernon NT. The "hardcore" demographic would "boycott" NIKE. Im saying that in my own feelings. I cant speak for others, but thats how I wouldfeel...

Originally Posted by soychulo

Sole I went through every pic @ SoleBar on that other forum and could not find anyone with sandals on. Any of your folks have pics from the event that they didn't post on forums?

"that other forum".....
eyes.gif

Anyway, I do remember seeing an older dude at the event in some black thong sandals and shorts (may have had a button up short sleeve shirt, not sure). Forsure I don't remember his face tho. I remember because I thought it was funny/odd given the nature of the event.

General Forum member here. I used to be here in the JB forum everyday when I first joined NT back in 2004 or 2005; it was what I loved. But, I've moved on,and coming back in here for the first time in a couple years and seeing this really saddens me. I'm still in disbelief. I'm really grateful for theinsight provided by the veterans in here. Great job guys. I hope that this situation will be fully resolved and that this guy Lu will be caught.

This is crazy. So who is ebay seller "n..i..k..e". Is he a fraud or someone else? I bought some carmines recentaly from him and want to know. Cananybody help me out?

on_line.gif
SoLeSuPrEmE[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]wrote:[/color]

Yes, "[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Jian[/color]" [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Lu = Nike Buddha =[/color] [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Nike7785[/color] = n..i...k..e

Interesting. The eBay user "nikebuddha" outbid me on a few pairs of vintage kicks awhile back, including some OG I's. I own 4 pairs ofOG I's, and all of them are used (because DS pairs are a tad bit too expensive for me) and I distinctly remember eBay user "nikebuddha"outbidding me on some Jordans as well as other vintage pairs (including some Air Icarus's) Almost all of the shoes I bid on are size 11-12, but I recalllooking through his feedback and seeing that he had been purchasing many vintage kicks in various sizes. I know of at least one other NTer who is an avid eBayuser and who is also quite legit as well who can recall eBay user "nikebuddha" bidding on numerous pairs of vintage Nike kicks, including Jordans,awhile back.

It is saddening to see such transpire, especially here on NT. Yet, it is refreshing to see Lu or whatever his name is get aired out, as well as all of hisaccomplices. I hope everyone who purchased mutated kicks from him gets a refund.

Again, we are only interested in info. about the "supplier". If you'd like to message me with any details about your "supplier", that would be a good way to "clean up this mess" and get to the root of the problem. It's your choice screech5511. You are not obligated by law to come forward at this point, but the consequences may come back around in the future.
#@*+ NIKE LP !!! DON'T TALK TO ANY OF THOSE @*$%#$$ WITHOUT A LAWYER PRESENT. REAL TALK.

Originally Posted by nickfairclough

Originally Posted by uknowdonti

" NikeBuddha.. was his original eBay id, he changes his ebay id every 2 months or so...nikebuddha, nike7785, n..i..k..e

airjordanjack,

Apparently LU has several AKA's

-NikeBuddha

-nike7785

-n..i..k..e
Woah, thats sketchy. Heres what i got.
I bought a beat up pair of carmine VIs on Dec. 29 - 2007. His location was stated as "Beaverton, OR, United States". The email the paypal was sent tois "[email protected]".
If anyone wants, i can try to find some more info. LMK.

First off why do y'all feel the need to let everyone know you are from the General Forum?
laugh.gif

But also this could be way bigger... How many people have bought these shoes, then sold them, and then sold them, and so on down the line. I know theyprobably don't change hands that often but there still might be pairs floating around even after this is all figured out
nerd.gif

Even though I really doubt Nike is spending time looking into this I just want to make sure my point gets across

#@*+ NIKE LP !!! DON'T TALK TO ANY OF THOSE @*$%#$$ WITHOUT A LAWYER PRESENT. REAL TALK.

Back
Top Bottom