WrestleMania Fallout 4/6 - NT WrestleMania Prediction Contest Results Posted! p1

Originally Posted by PLVN

Originally Posted by Goldmember

Originally Posted by im that one

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]fully agree.[/color]
Ummm.. How?

They're a tad more famous now.

I can see that. I just want to see other wrestlers to face Brock.. I mean didn't Brock received a stunner as a farewell gift from Austin?.. That's a start.. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Goldmember

Originally Posted by im that one

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

The tentative WrestleMania 29 plan....
The Rock defending the WWE Championship against Brock Lesnar

THAT will be the biggest match in WWE history.

fully agree.
Ummm.. How?
Didn't Brock already beat The Rock for the title before? actually his very first title..

I rather see Brock vs Austin to be honest..

brock already whooped rock's candy a** at summerslam 2003..
brock and austin would be more great, they can continue their feud where seen last at WM20 (bald beer belly guy stuns the ufc quitting guy, while the austin-look alike buff guy is stunned too)

i disagree with rock/brock as the biggest match ever.

that was hogan/rock, even hogan/warrior

taker/sting would be even bigger than rock/brock, but it wont happen
30t6p3b.gif

The thought of the match is insane though. Two guys who left WWE to persue other things and had success in other careers, come back after so long to headline Wrestlemania for the WWE championship.

Daniel Bryan Spoilers for Smackdown (full spoilers coming soon)
Spoiler [+]
Daniel Bryan & AJ come to the ring. Bryan says that if there was one good thing this week, it was that it allowed him to think about how everything was going so right, and how it has gone so wrong. He says “The truth is…

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

30t6p3b.gif
dream match... 
frown.gif

Originally Posted by 6 rings MJ

The people I want to see Lesnar wrestle is:
-Cena
-Undertaker
-Orton
-HHH
-CM Punk
That would be an aaaaaawful match. Orton can't wrestle for *%%* dudes dull as hell. Plus orton is dull , legend killer was better . Face orton sucks

Originally Posted by Mister916

I wish I had younger siblings I could laugh at when things aren't going Cea's way
frown.gif

I'll tell ya its very fun. Next time Brock punks out Cena I'll laugh at him more than usual...

30t6p3b.gif

If you want to argue those Hogan matches, fine.  But Sting/Taker? Stop.  It's not a dream match.  WWE fans wouldn't give a damn about Sting and most wouldn't even know who he is.
But, Rock/Brock will do a bigger live gate and better buyrate than any match, so it's hard to argue that it is not the biggest match of all time.

So here's the problem with the WM Prediction Contest.

We had 104 entries. Survey Monkey only allows you to view 100 responses with a free account. It costs $17 per month to upgrade the account in order to view all responses. I apologize to whoever the final 3 entries were (one of the final 4 was me, so I have my responses separately), but I'm not willing to pay $17 to Survey Monkey for just these three entries.

I will be posting the results of the 101 entries later today.

30t6p3b.gif

If you want to argue those Hogan matches, fine.  But Sting/Taker? Stop.  It's not a dream match.  WWE fans wouldn't give a damn about Sting and most wouldn't even know who he is.
But, Rock/Brock will do a bigger live gate and better buyrate than any match, so it's hard to argue that it is not the biggest match of all time.
I don't think so.
1. Nothing will be bigger than Andre/Hogan or Austin/Rock at 17 comes close
2. The Rock barely affected ratings post WM27 not to mention the Survivor Series buyrate
3. You guys are crazy if you think Cena or Punk won't somehow be involved in the main event at WM 
4. Since WWE owns all of WCW's footage and archive it would be very easy to educate the people on who Sting and the older fans would pop crazy regardless

Sorry 4w but I disagree..Sting/Taker is a dream match..Sting/Austin is a dream match..Sting/Rock is a dream match..Sting/HBK is a dream match..Pretty much anyone Sting could wrestle in WWE is a dream match due to who he is..And I think you're dead wrong about the fans not giving a damn and not knowing who he is..I mean he was pretty much the face of a hugely successful wrestling promotion for well over a decade and is a major face of the #2 promotion in North America..

Allow me to fantasy book for a moment...

Brock should be portrayed as a monster heel who destroys everybody, so it's good he's making semi-regular Raw appearances, but he doesn't have to be at all the PPVs - Just the main ones.

I'd have him go through 2-3 guys before confronting Undertaker at WM 29, It looks like Cena will be the first victim, but I'd hold that off until Summerslam. I'd have Brock just squash someone at No Way Out in June, someone like Booker T who wouldn't mind doing the job and lends the match some credibility at least. You wouldn't wanna feed him Orton or Sheamus or someone who's the WWE's future. He could beat Booker in a 5 minute squash and look like a beast.

Maybe he could do run-outs on Raw and just lay people out with the F5.

Then they could do the Cena match, have a real big build-up talking about the feud they had together in '02 or '03 and how Cena took the AA because he was basically ripping of Brock's F5. At Summerslam they could have a real even match, but at the end Lesnar would be too strong and devastate Cena with a huge F5 for the win.

Brock would then compete at the Survivor Series against HHH. Trips would make his first appearance since WM and say that while Brock left, HHH cemented his status as one of the greatest of all time, and that he doesn't like that Lesnar just walked back in and took the top spot. They could have an epic match - maybe a cage match or street fight - and Lesnar would go over big again.

Then finally he would challenge the Undertaker at WM 29, but in his corner will be the man who first found him... Paul Heyman!

Case and Gunna, I respect your opinions but again I have to disagree.
My first argument... At WM 29, Taker will be 48, Sting will be 54.  I'm sorry, but you cannot sell me on a dream match where the combined age of the wrestlers are over 100.

Secondly, what track record does WWE have of initially pushing any wrestler that they didn't create (from the 90's on)?  Goldberg, Jericho, RVD, DDP, Taz, Vader, Flair (92 run), Booker T, everyone else in the Invasion, and many international stars.  Yes, some of these guys were pushed after years of being in WWE, but initially, all were mishandled.  What makes you think Vince would bring in Sting for a short-term deal and push him as a star?

Do you really think that Vince is going to show tape libraries of Sting from the 80s and 90s on Raw to get him over as a star?  Vince has done everything possible to distance himself from professional wrestling of the past.  When was the last time you saw WWE acknowledge anything from the past?  If it hasn't happened in the past 365 days, it never happened in the WWE Universe.

Many fans turned on The Undertaker this year during the build to the match.  The segments were saved by HHH and Shawn Michaels.  You really think the WWE audience is going to give two old guys, one that 95% of the audience have ZERO connection with, a chance?  I'm sorry, but Sting is not the star that everyone makes him out to be.

And finally to follow up on my last point, Sting NEVER drew when he was put in the role as top star.  I hate to reference Meltzer and Bruce Mitchell because I'll get crap from some of you, but listen to them or read their stuff.  When Sting was the top star of WCW, ticket sales were down, PPV buyrates were down.  He did not draw well in WCW's stronghold areas in South East and Mid-Atlantic in the late 80's.  There is a reason that Sting isn't in the Observer Hall of Fame (someone objectively chosen by wrestling media and peers, not by Meltzer himself).  Sting was never a big business draw.

Originally Posted by gunnascott

30t6p3b.gif

I don't think so.
1. Nothing will be bigger than Andre/Hogan or Austin/Rock at 17 comes close
2. The Rock barely affected ratings post WM27 not to mention the Survivor Series buyrate
3. You guys are crazy if you think Cena or Punk won't somehow be involved in the main event at WM 
4. Since WWE owns all of WCW's footage and archive it would be very easy to educate the people on who Sting and the older fans would pop crazy regardless

From an interest standpoint, it's all subjective what was the biggest match of all-time.  From a business standpoint, Brock/Rock will be the biggest match of all-time.  There is no debating that.
Punk wasn't in this year's main event.  Punk is NOT a ratings draw.  His segments consistent lose viewers on almost a weekly basis.  Punk is over with men, but #'s with women are terrible.

Cena can be involved in A main event, but it doesn't mean it has to be THE main event.  We all know WrestleMania has 37 main events each year.

The older fans are long gone from current WWE.  They could only bring back a fraction from the Attitude Era for this year's Mania.  Fans from the 80's and early 90's have long moved on.  WWE tried to attract these fans when they bought WCW, and TNA has been trying to attract them for the past 5 years, but none have been successful.  These fans are not coming back.

I just don't see it the way you do 4w..I don't see how you can use age against a Sting/Taker match when Taker/HHH's combined age is 90..And you can't tell me that Sting never drew crowds or made money..When NWO came into WCW there were 2 questions that were asked every single week on-air..And those were "Who's going to join the NWO next?" and "Where is Sting/What is Sting going to do"..During WCWs biggest run, when they were beating WWF in the ratings, the 2 biggest guys in the promotion were Sting and Goldberg (and of course you can make the arguement that the NWO was bigger, which may be true, but as a group and not as individuals)..And I never understood how people like pro wrestling writers can judge whether a wrestler was a good draw or not..There are so many factors that could influence ticket/ppv sales, like economy/war/unemployment/ticket and ppv prices..It's just too easy to say, "Well Bash at the Beach did worse than last year and Sting was in the main event so its his fault" when the fact could be that the year Sting headlined the rest of card was garbage compared to the previous year that could have been loaded top to bottom..No matter what, if you could bring him in for a Taker match at WM it would be so huge it's not even funny..You guys remember when those mystery spots with the date were being advertised on Raw and people thought it would be Sting and how everyone was going nuts and getting hyped thinking it would be?..

My first argument... At WM 29, Taker will be 48, Sting will be 54.  I'm sorry, but you cannot sell me on a dream match where the combined age of the wrestlers are over 100.

Secondly, what track record does WWE have of initially pushing any wrestler that they didn't create (from the 90's on)?  Goldberg, Jericho, RVD, DDP, Taz, Vader, Flair (92 run), Booker T, everyone else in the Invasion, and many international stars.  Yes, some of these guys were pushed after years of being in WWE, but initially, all were mishandled.  What makes you think Vince would bring in Sting for a short-term deal and push him as a star?

Do you really think that Vince is going to show tape libraries of Sting from the 80s and 90s on Raw to get him over as a star?  Vince has done everything possible to distance himself from professional wrestling of the past.  When was the last time you saw WWE acknowledge anything from the past?  If it hasn't happened in the past 365 days, it never happened in the WWE Universe.

Many fans turned on The Undertaker this year during the build to the match.  The segments were saved by HHH and Shawn Michaels.  You really think the WWE audience is going to give two old guys, one that 95% of the audience have ZERO connection with, a chance?  I'm sorry, but Sting is not the star that everyone makes him out to be.

And finally to follow up on my last point, Sting NEVER drew when he was put in the role as top star.  I hate to reference Meltzer and Bruce Mitchell because I'll get crap from some of you, but listen to them or read their stuff.  When Sting was the top star of WCW, ticket sales were down, PPV buyrates were down.  He did not draw well in WCW's stronghold areas in South East and Mid-Atlantic in the late 80's.  There is a reason that Sting isn't in the Observer Hall of Fame (someone objectively chosen by wrestling media and peers, not by Meltzer himself).  Sting was never a big business draw.

like it or not

sting is and always will be a legend. everybody that follows wrestling knows who sting is.

you dont think vkm will want to make as much money as possible if he singns a short term deal?

Originally Posted by casekicks

I just don't see it the way you do 4w..I don't see how you can use age against a Sting/Taker match when Taker/HHH's combined age is 90..And you can't tell me that Sting never drew crowds or made money..When NWO came into WCW there were 2 questions that were asked every single week on-air..And those were "Who's going to join the NWO next?" and "Where is Sting/What is Sting going to do"..During WCWs biggest run, when they were beating WWF in the ratings, the 2 biggest guys in the promotion were Sting and Goldberg (and of course you can make the arguement that the NWO was bigger, which may be true, but as a group and not as individuals)..And I never understood how people like pro wrestling writers can judge whether a wrestler was a good draw or not..There are so many factors that could influence ticket/ppv sales, like economy/war/unemployment/ticket and ppv prices..It's just too easy to say, "Well Bash at the Beach did worse than last year and Sting was in the main event so its his fault" when the fact could be that the year Sting headlined the rest of card was garbage compared to the previous year that could have been loaded top to bottom..No matter what, if you could bring him in for a Taker match at WM it would be so huge it's not even funny..You guys remember when those mystery spots with the date were being advertised on Raw and people thought it would be Sting and how everyone was going nuts and getting hyped thinking it would be?..

I'm sorry, but it was Internet fans going nuts with speculation, and a fact that cannot be argued is that "smart" internet wrestling fans make up a minuscule portion of WWE's business.  There have been many times the internet is buzzing over something and there is little to no change in actual business.  Perfect example... Raw ratings and MITB buyrate after CM Punk's "shoot" last year.
Taker and HHH being 90 is different because they are cornerstones of WWE for the past 15 years.  They are WWE legends.  Sting is not a WWE legend.  Now when I say this next part, you must remember I am talking about WWE's audience, not hardcore pro wrestling fans.  The vast majority of WWE's audience either thinks Sting has been retired for 10+ years since WCW went out of business, or they have no idea who he is at all.  Bringing in an essentially "retired guy off the street" is not going to pop WWE's business.  It's not what WWE's audience wants to see.

Originally Posted by ELCHAPULINCOLORADO

like it or not

sting is and always will be a legend. everybody that follows wrestling knows who sting is.

you dont think vkm will want to make as much money as possible if he singns a short term deal?

Don't ever disrespect me again by crossing out the FACTS that I have written, no less by following it up with an ignorant statement that your underdeveloped brain has failed to make an actual argument for.

Originally Posted by theDEEK

The thought of the match is insane though. Two guys who left WWE to persue other things and had success in other careers, come back after so long to headline Wrestlemania for the WWE championship.

feud built with two guys that have  minimal commitment to live shows?

Brock Lesnar will be returning to a WWE ring much sooner than some fans may be expecting. Lesnar signed with WWE over the weekend and could wrestle his first match as soon as Extreme Rules later this month or Over The Limit in May. As we've been reporting, Lesnar has signed a 1-year deal with limited appearances - which will culminate in a match at next year's WrestleMania 29.

During Lesnar's first run with the company a decade ago, Paul Heyman served as Lesnar's mouthpiece, accurately touting him as the "Next big Thing." According to WWE sources, there are currently no plans to bring Heyman in with Lesnar. Heyman has is a very busy man with a number of ongoing projects through his Looking For Larry agency based out of New York City.

That's not to say that there aren't people that want Heyman back on WWE television. WWE (and TNA) has reached out to him in recent years, but the two sides could never reach an agreement. Anything is possible, but for now, WWE is moving forward with Brock Lesnar under the assumption that Paul Heyman will not be on board.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Source:[/color] http://rajah.com/base/node/26831

Back
Top Bottom