Wrestling Thread 2022 | Mods Please Lock This Thread

What have people said about Cody now that they have changed their tune about over the last 3 years?

People that were clowning him for the last 3 years are now excited about him even though he is the same Cody he was in AEW. :lol:

Same gimmick, ring work, ring gear, entrance (including extreme pyro). All the stuff they thought was corny about him is now great.

They thought he shouldn't have been TNT champ because he is a "mid card guy just booking himself like a main eventer" but now they want Vince to push him to the moon.

People that were clowning him for the last 3 years are now excited about him even though he is the same Cody he was in AEW. :lol:

Same gimmick, ring work, ring gear, entrance (including extreme pyro). All the stuff they thought was corny about him is now great.

They thought he shouldn't have been TNT champ because he is a "mid card guy just booking himself like a main eventer" but now they want Vince to push him to the moon.

Who are these people?

Quote them because maybe I missed this going on.

tenor.gif

Night 2 menu?

Yea, this type of approach is why titles are no longer respected as they once were.

Nakamura nor Corbin should be anywhere near a World Title.

If you aren't putting the belt on the BEST option (at the moment), why are you doing IT?

#CaseMcMahon
The only people that should be near a World title are the people who are made to look and feal important..Which can be done with anyone..When the SHEILD debuted everyone said Dean then Seth were "the guys"..Now look where they're all at..Neither one of those guys are anywhere close to being as important as RR..

A simple more serious gimmick can work wonders for anyone..Quit booking KO, Nak, Corbin, and Finn like they're not top level stars and the fans will get behind them..

Cause if we're only going by your logic then the belt should be put on Brock and nobody else until the day he retires..

The only people that should be near a World title are the people who are made to look and feal important..Which can be done with anyone..When the SHEILD debuted everyone said Dean then Seth were "the guys"..Now look where they're all at..Neither one of those guys are anywhere close to being as important as RR..

A simple more serious gimmick can work wonders for anyone..Quit booking KO, Nak, Corbin, and Finn like they're not top level stars and the fans will get behind them..

Cause if we're only going by your logic then the belt should be put on Brock and nobody else until the day he retires..

Brock wouldn't be the only one because Roman has been made to look and feel important.

Brock
Roman
Lashley

and whoever else was named above.

But Nakamura and Corbin? A dude with the name HAPPY as his first name? Come on Big Case. I expect this from the rest of these dudes in here, not you. :smh:

Finn is too little. IC Level dude. Doesn't have a Giant KIller's style to make him beating bigger dudes believable.

Brock and Bobby..

The World TItle shouldn't be something given to people simply for, "Years of Service" or to "make fans happy."

Again, titles in modern American wrestling haven't been taken as serious as past eras.

That IS a problem.

There are plenty of other titles that can be ELEVATED and given to people that just doesn't have the ELITE Level "IT" factor. ANd that's fine.

Brock wouldn't be the only one because Roman has been made to look and feel important.

Brock
Roman
Lashley

and whoever else was named above.

But Nakamura and Corbin? A dude with the name HAPPY as his first name? Come on Big Case. I expect this from the rest of these dudes in here, not you. :smh:

Finn is too little. IC Level dude. Doesn't have a Giant KIller's style to make him beating bigger dudes believable.
"Roman has been made to look and feel important"..Exactly what I'm saying..Anyone can be made to come across as a legit contender..They just have to be booked that way..

Take the name Happy away, change his look, and start giving him wins on tv and Baron can be made to look every bit the champion that Drew Mac was..Same thing with Nakamura..Same thing with KO..If the WWE doesn't treat them as important then the fans won't either..

You are high on Seth Rollins man. I just think dude is an "IC Level" type dude. Too corny for me to call him believable. He is a joke. Good worker though.

Same with bum Edge and Cody, nah.

AJ should be on the retirement tour at this point but I GUESS you could heat him up at any moment.

KO
Lashley
Drew
Roman
Brock

At this moment, anybody else as champ is a charity case in my eyes.
FREAKIN is one of the easiest additions to the list. Best wrestler in the company, solid on mic, already been a multi time champ.

"Roman has been made to look and feel important"..Exactly what I'm saying..Anyone can be made to come across as a legit contender..They just have to be booked that way..

Take the name Happy away, change his look, and start giving him wins on tv and Baron can be made to look every bit the champion that Drew Mac was..Same thing with Nakamura..Same thing with KO..If the WWE doesn't treat them as important then the fans won't either..

Right, but I thought we were talking about today and not, "If they were given a serious gimmick."

Yes, it is FAKE fighting so anyone COULD be made to look like a serious wrestler. I agree, but the reality is everyone ISN'T made to look like a serious wrestler.

So based on 04.03.2022, Nakamura and Corbin would be HORRIBLE choices as World Champs.

FREAKIN is one of the easiest additions to the list. Best wrestler in the company, solid on mic, already been a multi time champ.

Joke for a character.

Fat, Out of shape fans have the heart to run up on him and attack him on LIVE Television.

That goes to show you how respected he is by real killers.

Doesn't have THAT level "IT."

The World TItle shouldn't be something given to people simply for, "Years of Service" or to "make fans happy."

Again, titles in modern American wrestling haven't been taken as serious as past eras.

That IS a problem.

There are plenty of other titles that can be ELEVATED and given to people that just doesn't have the ELITE Level "IT" factor. ANd that's fine.
And I'm not saying they should be..But if you put the belt on someone who's been around for awhile and who the fans would be happy with/get behind then where's the problem?..

Titles are only taken as serious as they're booked to be..If you give a guy a solid 5-6 month run and have him lose in a big match then it's fine with me..If you book a guy to come out and do comedy then get beaten easily (Kofi and Big E) then the whole run is trash..It's all about perception..

Right, but I thought we were talking about today and not, "If they were given a serious gimmick."

Yes, it is FAKE fighting so anyone COULD be made to look like a serious wrestler. I agree, but the reality is everyone ISN'T made to look like a serious wrestler.

So based on 04.03.2022, Nakamura and Corbin would be HORRIBLE choices as World Champs.
So if we're talking about today only then give the belt to Brock and let him keep it for 2 yrs..

And I'm not saying they should be..But if you put the belt on someone who's been around for awhile and who the fans would be happy with/get behind then where's the problem?..

Titles are only taken as serious as they're booked to be..If you give a guy a solid 5-6 month run and have him lose in a big match then it's fine with me..If you book a guy to come out and do comedy then get beaten easily (Kofi and Big E) then the whole run is trash..It's all about perception..

Give them a lower level title as a participation award. Not the world title. THere are other ways to reward folks.

World TItles should be given to folks that are going to move the needle.

There aren't too many CURRENT folks in WWE that can do that.

But yes, to your comedy point. KOfi (never viewed as World Champ material in the first place) and Big E both suffered from that comedy nonsense.

Can't be added to the list cause as of this very second in time he's been booked like a weirdo joke and would devalue the title too much..Get it together brother Sox..smh..

So if we're talking about today only then give the belt to Brock and let him keep it for 2 yrs..

Yea but Brock wouldn't be the ONLY one to qualify.

There are a small number of people that are seriously believable. Brock isn't the ONLY one.

He would be the #1 choice since he is a legit former fighter, but not the only one.

Back
Top Bottom