Wrestling Thread April 14-May 4 | 5/3 WWE Extreme Rules PPV Prediction Contest Now Open!

SD was the stuff before Kenzo, Mordecai, and Renee Dupree.

During Heyman's tenure on SmackDown!, he served as the head writer and is credited with being the creative force behind the successful so-called "SmackDown! Six":

MY favorite time man

Last edited:
^Pretty much. Smackdown 02-some of 04 was great. The WWE always seemed to snatch away the good parts of Smackdown and send it to Raw. I could only imagine if they still had separate branded PPVs today

^Pretty much. Smackdown 02-some of 04 was great. The WWE always seemed to snatch away the good parts of Smackdown and send it to Raw. I could only imagine if they still had separate branded PPVs today
Bruh even Luther Reigns was entertaining

So what if I proposed this for you to do.

Split up the roster for RAW and SMackdown as of today's roster.

Run it.

Smackdown:

Cena

Cesaro

Wyatts

Rhodes Brothers

Wade Barrett

Raw:

D-Bry

Orton

Shield

Shovel

Usos

Ziggler

Have Cena on Smackdown to bring back viewership. Also, put Cesaro on there to get that rub from Cena to help push him.

Raw:

D. Bryan

Shield

Evolution

US CHAMP

Real Americans

Barrett

Smackdown:

John Cena

Wyatts

IC CHAMP

Cesaro

Rusev

Ziggler

Introduce the revived brand split with a WWE Draft. Have a king of the ring ppv, putting

smackdown's best aganist Raw's best, for #1 contender for the WWEWHC, which

will be defended at the next ppv.

If they had one title in which smackdown and raw fought for control of, if done right would be DOPE

Raw:
D. Bryan
Shield
Evolution
US CHAMP
Real Americans
Barrett

Smackdown:
John Cena
Wyatts
IC CHAMP
Cesaro
Rusev
Ziggler

Introduce the revived brand split with a WWE Draft. Have a king of the ring ppv, putting
smackdown's best aganist Raw's best, for #1 contender for the WWEWHC, which
will be defended at the next ppv.

+rep. This would be awesome

If they had one title in which smackdown and raw fought for control of, if done right would be DOPE
I'm saying though.

It creates a power struggle that gives credibility and strength to both

brands. 

Say the belt goes to smackdown. You have a storyline in which

an authoritative figure on raw,  perhaps a GM,  is fed up with the impotence of Raw.

So they decide to hire a mercenary, contract killer to bring the belt back to their brand,

maybe Lesnar, a healthy, returning Henry, or introduce a new monster.

This also brings back the importance of the General Manager position.

Obviously, I'd take all the tag teams, split them up with different gimmicks, and when they eventually fail solo, I'd stick them back together randomly and act like the previous weeks/months didn't exist.

Raw:
Dbry
Orton
Batista
Uso's
Wyatt's
Big E
BNB
Lesnar
Shamus
Kane
Rybaxel
Swagger
Miz
Kofi
Mark Henry
Aj lee
Bella twins
Summer

SD:
Cena
Shield
Cesaro
Rusev
Rhodes
Ziggler
Del rio
RVD
Fandango
Sandow
Ryder
Tyson kid
Big Slow
Paige
Natalia
Tamina

Im watching Warrior week as well...dude had so much energy

I dont know if it irks anyone else but it irks me when wrestlers get into position so blatantly for a set up. For example, Im watching SS '88 and after UW gave Honky Tonk Man a close line. HTM was out of position..then got into position for the big splash.

maybe im trippin...

No, Honky Tonk helped Warrior out A LOT in that match. As short as it was Warrior was all over the place. Honky Tonk made sure he was in position a couple times for The Warriors spots.

i just wish they utilized the entire roster instead of jamming the same 10 people down our throats. there is a main event storyline, a sub mainevent storyline, and then random matches that are pretty much meaningless. i so wish WWE wasnt a publicly traded company. because that is when everything started to go downhill. that and when linda thought she was gonna be a politician. like she wasnt a brain dead mute getting wheeled around by a cowboy hat wearing trish stratus a few years prior.

No, Honky Tonk helped Warrior out A LOT in that match. As short as it was Warrior was all over the place. Honky Tonk made sure he was in position a couple times for The Warriors spots.

im pretty sure its well known that warrior was a terrible in ring worker.. but than again he was never meant to be bret hart or kurt angle. but imagine being honky tonk. carried the belt for that long and got the ultimate squash to lose the belt haha... i wish vince and him didnt have whatever differences they had when he left the first time.. always makes ya wonder what was planned for him, because wrestling was planned months maybe years in advance..

i know that 
laugh.gif

that was just an example. 

i need a good pre nwo ppv to watch on the network, wcw of course...

Try Starrcade 95. I havent seen it since probably 2000, but I remember it being pretty NJPW heavy. You can watch Bash At the Beach 95 as well, but you did say "good pre NWO ppvs", so never mind :lol:

im pretty sure its well known that warrior was a terrible in ring worker.. but than again he was never meant to be bret hart or kurt angle. but imagine being honky tonk. carried the belt for that long and got the ultimate squash to lose the belt haha... i wish vince and him didnt have whatever differences they had when he left the first time.. always makes ya wonder what was planned for him, because wrestling was planned months maybe years in advance..

Warriors best feud by far was wth Rick Rude. Rude was the only person that looked comfortable in the ring with him.

Last edited:
WWE has taken the decision for The Shield vs. Evolution feud to further elevate Roman Reigns as a main event star and to prepare him for a singles match against Triple H.

The match could take place as soon as SummerSlam although if the feud is extended we could see the match at Hell In A Cell or Survivor Series.

Back
Top Bottom