Wrestling Thread Aug 15-21 | 8/15 Raw - ADR Fulfills His Destiny as WWE Champ | SS Contest Results!

Originally Posted by xcg11pinoYx

for once not a corny promo by Cena
It was an intense, serious promo, but the content was so stupid.  Del Rio cashed in MITB just like everyone else to win the title.  He successfully defended the title in Rey's hometown the next night.  What more do you want from him?

That's why I don't watch Raw Live... And just watch the DVR later in like 40 minutes

Cena yelling a BRIEFCASE.... He's been in the WWE for a long time and has 0 mic skills... Ultimate Warrior's gibberish was better than this...

Just an awful RAW from top to bottom. Perhaps they are saving something for the buildup to the next PPV.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

[Barkley] Turrible [Barkley]

What a weak Raw to follow up an eventful Summerslam

All of this.

It looks like Punk is gonna be out of the title picture right now; I hope I'm wrong.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

JR and Gene bring it up all the time on the legends of wrestling sessions cant have talent booking or being that close to the booking. ALA the HHH situation.
Dudes cant be that ******ed they know guys have talent, but its a lot easier to get over as a 6'11" champ than a 5'11" champ.
Nash and Hall are the main reasons that everyone has a guaranteed contract though.
Sting and Flair getting them were givens because they were the main reasons WCW came to exist through the Crockett days, Savage and Hogan getting them were the only reason for them to wrestle and generate money for WCW. Guys in their prime gettung guarantees not having generated the bulk of the money they would generate was unheard of.
Nash is the most infulentual WCW wrestler on the Business side of all time.

Nash and his wrestling. Look he was a big man who got over without a monster gimmick ( though you could make the argument for him as diesel), Taker, and Kane although better in ring cant say that, Big Show cant say that, the only modern big man to get over without being a monster for the majority of his career, and that says more for his mic work than his ring work.
I tried to read this and understand it, but you're all over the place.
Only thing I'll say is Nash may be the most influential WCW wrestler on the business side (although many would argue Hogan), but I would say he was influential for all the wrong reasons.  It was when Nash took over the booking that the company really started to go to hell.

laugh.gif
 at cena droppin the b word so much for pg-13

Is it Cena or management who refuse to let him lose clean? When is the last time Cena lost a match clean? They did nothing with the foot on the rope angle, it was just so Cena didn't have to lose clean. Makes me so angry how protected his character/ego/image is.

I thought it was a fine episode of Raw.  A mix of good and bad.  Couple good matches.  Couple good segments.  It's just always easy to say it was a bad episode when it ends with something stupid like Cena's promo there.  I'm going to sleep on it and give my thoughts in the morning.

Originally Posted by toine2983

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

[Barkley] Turrible [Barkley]

What a weak Raw to follow up an eventful Summerslam

All of this.

It looks like Punk is gonna be out of the title picture right now; I hope I'm wrong.

Too early to say.  But as long as he's involved with HHH, you know he'll be in the top program regardless of if the title is part of it or not.
I still don't know why Cena would automatically get the shot with Del Rio though, and that's what it seemed like tonight.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Just an awful RAW from top to bottom. Perhaps they are saving something for the buildup to the next PPV.
punk segment was great as usual though. that guy is awesome
smokin.gif

i dont mind punk not being in the title picture right now. i read here cena and del rio were supposed to have been feuding right?? so they'll probably go at it until rock comes back...?

punk can still be relevant with the whole conspiracy against him since it is hhh and its still a big storyline.

so nash got a text that said “hey big man, no matter what happens, stick the winner in the main event.

So Cena just throws himself into the middle of the title picture yet again? That was probably the worst rant I've ever heard from him. $*!%

I don't know why you guys are so worried about Punk not being in the title picture when he's clearly in the more high profile program. HHH has been on every WWE show since he's taken over so it's obvious "they" felt the need to insert him for some credibility. Punk being involved is the best thing for him right now. His promo style fits him either as going against authority or even in the title chase. As champ, he's only good as a heel, telling everyone he's the best and then running down his opponents. So for him to be champ and more of a face just wouldn't work, and you can't tell me it would get old, quick.

Whyyyyyyyyy do they keep saying Undisputed WWE Champion?

"Every time I wake up in the morning I think Hmm..Alberto Del Rio what do you feel like doing today?"

I love it
laugh.gif

Morrison is an idiot. Why would he go for two pin attempts in the first 30 seconds of a match with the man who took him out of action for months? Wouldn't you want to inflict some pain on said guy?

I hate Morrison. He's a pushover's pushover kinda guy.

Back
Top Bottom