Wrestling Thread Aug 22-28 | 8/25 Matt Hardy Hospitalized, Jeff Hardy Returns to TNA

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Originally Posted by Furrell
There was no hope for Otunga/McGuillicutty with or without the straps.  Both guys are terrible in the ring and have zero charisma.  Send them back to FCW for a year and hope when they redebut, the fans don't remember this failed tag team run.  It's funny looking back at NXT when a lot of people (me included) thought Otunga had the most potential of anyone on the show (well, other than Danielson).  I definitely saw Otunga ahead of Barrett.
I actually thought the same about Otunga. He actually seemed to have some natural charisma about him, though i already new his wrestling was gonna be
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
 cause
he had only been wrestling for like a month or so before being on NXT. Did it seem like he slowly started to lose that charisma or aura about him the more he was on
tv though?

I think it's just the WWE system more than anything else.  Otunga came into NXT believing he was a star and acted as such.  After months and months of being in WWE and being told he sucks, he no longer has that confidence.  For the guys who do keep that confidence despite not being pushed as actual stars, then they end up getting heat from everyone else backstage for thinking they are bigger than they actually are.  It's a pretty vicious cycle.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

- Del Rio saying "and I'm ignoring both of you" was the funniest thing he said, more so how he delivered it, in ages.

Del Rio didn't have many lines in the opening segment, but he was absolutely awesome.  He outshined both Punk and Cena for me.
I  usually don't hate Cena but his weak attempt at a shoot was terrible. Talking about "you don't own those cars" and " i know the names of them". What does that do?

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

- Del Rio saying "and I'm ignoring both of you" was the funniest thing he said, more so how he delivered it, in ages.

Del Rio didn't have many lines in the opening segment, but he was absolutely awesome.  He outshined both Punk and Cena for me.
I  usually don't hate Cena but his weak attempt at a shoot was terrible. Talking about "you don't own those cars" and " i know the names of them". What does that do?
Nothing except breaking kayfabe for no benefit to anyone.

I think it's just the WWE system more than anything else.  Otunga came into NXT believing he was a star and acted as such.  After months and months of being in WWE and being told he sucks, he no longer has that confidence.  For the guys who do keep that confidence despite not being pushed as actual stars, then they end up getting heat from everyone else backstage for thinking they are bigger than they actually are.  It's a pretty vicious cycle.

Well I can definitely see that, even though it is pretty sad that stuff like that happens.

Here's a pretty funny yet true tweet from Joey Styles:

- Joey Styles  posted the following on Twitter about the latest season of NXT…

"Next week, Season 5 of NXT reaches week 26,twice as long as every other season. Can we just give Titus and Darren WWE contracts and move on?"

Good God, why would anyone watch NXT? I feel awful for the people who have to review it for wrestling sites.

LOL I've only read the recaps on it, and have watched matches that seem like they've been
good (like Tyson Kidd vs Trent Barretta, AJ vs Naomi, and...well, can't think of anytyhing else)

LOL I've only read the recaps on it, and have watched matches that seem like they've been
good (like Tyson Kidd vs Trent Barretta, AJ vs Naomi, and...well, can't think of anytyhing else)

Tyson Kidd and Yoshi Tatsu have had a fantastic series of matches. Even if the feud has been over a Yoshi Tatsu action figure
laugh.gif

Speaking which, Tatsu and Kidd are two more guys who would greatly benefit from a cruiserweight division.

^^^^I knew I was missing another one. Those Tatsu/Kidd matches were really good. LOL @ Yoshi snapping when
Tyson Kidd slapped the action figure

Do I want to revamp my gimmick or go with the flow I have going now?

Spoiler [+]
images
"Decisions, decisions"...

Matt Hardy Rushed to the Hospital

Matt Hardy was rushed to the hospital today after falling down the stairs in what appears to be the latest episode in a sad meltdown.  Hardy ealier put up a video where his house has been trashed, and then blamed it on a myserious entity.

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

- IM FLYING

Good looks.
laugh.gif

I started watching that Matt Hardy video but stopped it a couple of seconds in, sad.

It's looking like a race between the Hardy brothers and Scott Hall to see which one will die first.
ohwell.gif

I feel bad for Scott Hall. I can't say the same for the Hardys. I just pray Matt and/or Jeff don't hurt anyone on their way out.

TNA is absolutely insane if they bring Jeff back tomorrow night.

Just fyi, cena lost clean with no interruptions against shawn michaels on that hour long match on raw.

I feel bad for Scott Hall. I can't say the same for the Hardys. I just pray Matt and/or Jeff don't hurt anyone on their way out.

TNA is absolutely insane if they bring Jeff back tomorrow night.

why on earth do you feel bad for scott hall?

Back
Top Bottom