Wrestling Thread Aug 4-10 | 8/7 Breaking WWE News - Alberto Del Rio FIRED

If Smackdown Moves to Thursdays, Are You...?

• More Likely to Watch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Less Likely to Watch

• No Difference

• Will Watch but Only After Football Season

• Total voters
I just wanna kno why haven't kofi woods and big e been on tv on a raw in forever

There's nowhere to book them at the moment. Damn Booking Team. They should have Xavier cut promos and have mini vignettes taped for the trio. Pretty much what they are doing with Stardust & Goldust right now.

If I was on the booking team, I'd have them come out and dismantle the Usos & Cosmic Key since that is the Tag Title matchup they seem to be going with for SummerFest. Hell even have them come out and help R Truth dismantle Bo Dallas during their singles match.

I need them to fully commit, bring back the kufi's, the black outfits with green red and yellow stripes. Then after these two incidents, have them backstage chopping it feeling proud and have Faarooq walk by and go DAMN, then put up his fist as a show of respect.

If only.

If you're not watching RAW on / with a DVR you're asking to be tortured
It's true. I've got a decent system set up where I burn, watch till the DVR is caught up to live TV and then pass out by 10 unless there's something worthwhile happening later on.

Dolph Ziggler ‏@HEELZiggler 2h
if youre good at what u do & bust your *** every day, sometimes u catch a break. congrats @HeathSlaterOMRB
go get it kid
#RAW

Slater should be saying the exact same thing to Dolph.
Only Ziggler would be stupid enough to think that win meant anything for Slater.  He was put out there as a joke and treated as such.

Only Ziggler would be stupid enough to think that win meant anything for Slater.  He was put out there as a joke and treated as such.

James James! Why dost thou hate wrestling so??

But that win, joke or not, was still better than coming to the arena Monday night only to tape a match for Main Event early in the night only to be seen on the Network. He was put into a nice decent spot, picked up a win on Raw for the first time since his Nexus days. He goes home feeling good about himself.

JBL was trollin soo hard. 9.99. Someone go back and rewatch raw and count how many times 9.99 was said. I would, but i dont think i could waste 3 hours on that raw again. 2nd biggest PPV of the year and they do what? besides seth and teet master what was accomplished? Man it is getting harder and harder to invest 3 hours a week on this show. As much as I love the business I don't know how many more raws I can sit through.

Yes, there is a lot, a LOT, of crap on Raw, to the point I tuned out last night.  But I think the overall build to SS is pretty good.  Cena/Brock, Steph/Brie, Ambrose/Rollins, and Reigns/Orton have all been built well.  Even Paige/AJ has gotten a little better in the past two weeks.  I'm bored to death with Bray Wyatt at this point.  Let's look at this...

WrestleMania, Cena beat Wyatt clean.  Then next PPV, they have a cage match to keep Harper and Rowan from interfering.

Battle Ground, Jerico beat Wyatt clean.  The next PPV, they have a match where Harper and Rowan are banned from ringside.

Shouldn't it be that Wyatt won the first matches due to Harper/Rowan, and then they have the stipulation match???

so mad i couldnt watch raw live (only because of this thread).

has it been mentioned or answered as to why not 1 champion was on raw tonight. i know cena was shooting a DVD. but no AJ, Sheamus, or Usos. just remembered the Miz was but he didnt even wrestle. Migos didnt either. Id be pissed if i was at this Raw not for nothing.
AJ is selling an injury from Smackdown.  That's the only explanation I can give you.

How do you guys think Brock is going to be remembered amongst the greats when he retires?
One of the greatest natural talents, monsters, and legitimate draws/special attractions WWE has ever seen.  No, he doesn't draw like Hogan, Rock, or Austin, but it's a different generation.  There is no one that draws the attention like when Brock comes on screen today.

I know I'm a numbers nerd (ratings, buyrates, network subscriptions, etc) more than anyone else in this thread, but I am really interested to see Raw's rating this week.  Not only were Cena and Brock not there, they main evented Raw once again with Steph/Brie which bombed last week, and I want to see if the $9.99 bs drove off viewers like it did to me.

I know I'm a numbers nerd (ratings, buyrates, network subscriptions, etc) more than anyone else in this thread, but I am really interested to see Raw's rating this week.  Not only were Cena and Brock not there, they main evented Raw once again with Steph/Brie which bombed last week, and I want to see if the $9.99 bs drove off viewers like it did to me.

If it's mid 2s, then wow.

I have not seen Raw btw.

One of the greatest natural talents, monsters, and legitimate draws/special attractions WWE has ever seen.  No, he doesn't draw like Hogan, Rock, or Austin, but it's a different generation.  There is no one that draws the attention like when Brock comes on screen today.

see man you making a valid point the wwe officials should see . If the kept brock on tv they could prolly boost their buyrate, on the other hand barack lesnar knows this so he got vince by the ball.

Also why don't they use the legend to bolster talent
point #1
You mean to tell me that HOGAN ."I AM A REAL AMERICAN " COULDNT HELP IN THE JACK SWAGGER FUED .....OR BRING BACK ANGLE ANGEL ANGELES

PONT #2
GOLDUST & DASHING STARDUST CODY DADDY IS THE AMERICAN DREAM.......THEY CANT MAKE A SHATTERED AMERICAN DREAMS STABLE .....

PONIT 3
BRENT HART CANT CUT PROMO FOR HIS NIECE OR FAMILY MEMBERS.

POINT 4
MANKIND ...WYATT FAMILY TORTURED SOUL PEOPLE CUTTING PAINFILLED PROMOS

POINT 5
FLAIR COULD BE RELEVANT AGAIN IF THEY PUT HIM WITH ZIG IN A MENTOR ROLE. HAVE HIM JOB TO ZIG MAKING IT WERE ZIG "BEAT THE MAN" FLAIR GIVES HIM THE FIGURE FOUR ANNNNNNNDDDDD SHOW HIM HOW TO STYLE AND PROFILE....ZIG COULD BE ON SOME NATURE BOY/RAVISHING RICK RUDE TYPE HEELFACE STUFF

POINT 6.1 AND 6.2
A NON CORNY ETHNIC STABLE THAT DONT INVOLVE SHUCKING AND JIVEING.....YOU BLACK AND LATINOS

see man you making a valid point the wwe officials should see . If the kept brock on tv they could prolly boost their buyrate, on the other hand barack lesnar knows this so he got vince by the ball.
One of the major keys that makes Brock special is the rarity of his appearances.  It makes it feel important when he shows up on WWE TV.  If he was there every week, I'm not saying he would just be another guy, but the urgency to watch he's going to do wouldn't be there.

Worst of all is the commentary

The commentary is hurting bad right now. Its dead. The matches are getting the crowd amped. The wrestlers themselves probably could care less right now since management is clueless.

Cycle of depression.
The commentary is awful but I don't blame the announcers (Cole and JBL anyway... Lawler is awful).  It's not like JBL is out there saying, hmmm, tonight I'll say $9.99 9,999 times.  That is all Vince making the announcers do that.

One of the major keys that makes Brock special is the rarity of his appearances.  It makes it feel important when he shows up on WWE TV.  If he was there every week, I'm not saying he would just be another guy, but the urgency to watch he's going to do wouldn't be there.

Yea they would find a way to mess it up. But he should show up random and do damage like no announcement across all their tv show. That to me would get people I seats as they don't want to miss him possibly show up, if he don't they alreadt bought ticket ssooooooo

That 9.99 stuff was more embarrassing than Raw in general. The desperation is pitiful. I thought those million dollar giveaways and guest hosting were pathetic, but this is a whole new low of pandering. The WWE is parading themselves like that desperate unattractive chick during last call, who scrolled through her facebook earlier and saw pics of her ex getting married that dumped her two months ago.

Last edited:
That 9.99 stuff was more embarrassing than Raw in general. The desperation is pitiful. I thought those million dollar give always and guest hosting was pathetic, but this is a whole new low of pandering. The WWE is parading themselves like that desperate unattractive chick during last call, who scrolled through her facebook earlier and saw pics of her ex getting married that dumped her two months ago.

damb.....true

9HAxIlH.jpg

SnivelingPersonalAsiaticgreaterfreshwaterclam.gif

ConventionalThoroughHind.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom