Wrestling Thread Aug 4-10 | 8/7 Breaking WWE News - Alberto Del Rio FIRED

If Smackdown Moves to Thursdays, Are You...?

• More Likely to Watch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Less Likely to Watch

• No Difference

• Will Watch but Only After Football Season

• Total voters
Wow RKO, I looked at that photo before and overlooked the Thursday
laugh.gif
interesting
I overlooked it as well.

I thought hadpants posted it because of the dude posing in front of the trailer.
laugh.gif

Every story i've ever heard about vince is that he is a perfectionist who has to be in control of everything and he micromanages like no other. Going from the glory days of the attitude era to the product now, my question is does vince really go to sleep at night thinking that the product is as best as it could be? Like he has to see that it is **** and has been ****. I dont buy into the 'there are no new mega stars' excuse. Stone Cold was stone cold because of vince and the writers at the time. The Rock was the Rock because of vince and the writers at the time. Granted both of these guys became their characters and connected with the fans, but seriously Vince can't recreate that era?

I am not by any means saying recreate the attitude era I mean create the appeal and storylines that just sucked you in and kept you on the edge of your seat. Right now they have such a deep talented roster how are they just pumping this **** out every single week for 3 hours? How is Vince content with the way the product gets bashed?

We the people want answers!!

Everyone who has been asking my dads recovery went well he is out of the ICU. He was also telling me a guy who's name i forget contacted him about doing a podcast and giving stories for a book about the wrestling scene in philly in the late 80searly 90s. So when he is back to reality and off the Morphene i will find out some info and keep everyone posted. But again i can not thank everyone enough for the prayers and kind words. I know i havent been a part of the NTWT for long but i've been apart of the NT family for almost 13 years, and I am glad i finally found my spot in this thread.

Every story i've ever heard about vince is that he is a perfectionist who has to be in control of everything and he micromanages like no other. Going from the glory days of the attitude era to the product now, my question is does vince really go to sleep at night thinking that the product is as best as it could be? Like he has to see that it is **** and has been ****. I dont buy into the 'there are no new mega stars' excuse. Stone Cold was stone cold because of vince and the writers at the time. The Rock was the Rock because of vince and the writers at the time. Granted both of these guys became their characters and connected with the fans, but seriously Vince can't recreate that era?

I am not by any means saying recreate the attitude era I mean create the appeal and storylines that just sucked you in and kept you on the edge of your seat. Right now they have such a deep talented roster how are they just pumping this **** out every single week for 3 hours? How is Vince content with the way the product gets bashed?

We the people want answers!!

Everyone who has been asking my dads recovery went well he is out of the ICU. He was also telling me a guy who's name i forget contacted him about doing a podcast and giving stories for a book about the wrestling scene in philly in the late 80searly 90s. So when he is back to reality and off the Morphene i will find out some info and keep everyone posted. But again i can not thank everyone enough for the prayers and kind words. I know i havent been a part of the NTWT for long but i've been apart of the NT family for almost 13 years, and I am glad i finally found my spot in this thread.
TV14 era vs. PG Era. Simple as that.

I don't think we need TV-14 for great wrestling that's all I'm saying. We don't need puppies and blood to further storylines.

What's pg have to do with it? I said i didnt mean recreate the attitude era i meant create a new era an era with compelling storylines and feuds that people buy into.
It's a different product, I notice how they literally dumb down a lot of the dynamics of the show. From giving some of the wrestlers shorter names (Antonio Cesaro -> Cesaro, Big E Langston -> Big E, Alexander Rusev -> Rusev), to describing over and over and overrrr the rules/stipulations of a match so kids/women will understand whats going on. They're looking to get into THOSE pockets, they're the main ones spending money. It's literally dumbed down, a much "cleaner" product. Hell, I remember when kids would get in trouble for watching wrestling, now it's so safe, parents encourage it 
laugh.gif
. As far as storylines, I agree with you, but they're looking to milk as many combinations of rivalries as they can, thinking that keeps people interesed because it's something new/different. By the time Daniel Bryan won the WWEWHC it was overkill.

Think of how excited we get when we get a glimpse of the "Attitude Era" in present day, or even nostalgia for that matter. They are purposely giving us a little bit, to make a little bit more seem like a lot.

It's a different product, I notice how they literally dumb down a lot of the dynamics of the show. From giving some of the wrestlers shorter names (Antonio Cesaro -> Cesaro, Big E Langston -> Big E, Alexander Rusev -> Rusev), to describing over and over and overrrr the rules/stipulations of a match so kids/women will understand whats going on. They're looking to get into THOSE pockets, they're the main ones spending money. It's literally dumbed down, a much "cleaner" product. Hell, I remember when kids would get in trouble for watching wrestling, now it's so safe, parents encourage it :lol: . As far as storylines, I agree with you, but they're looking to milk as many combinations of rivalries as they can, thinking that keeps people interesed because it's something new/different. By the time Daniel Bryan won the WWEWHC it was overkill.

I wish one of Vince's yes men would slap some sense into him. And tell him his product is garbage.

What's pg have to do with it? I said i didnt mean recreate the attitude era i meant create a new era an era with compelling storylines and feuds that people buy into.

Yea the PG rating has nothing to do with it, as Smackdown has been PG since it's inception in 99. It's most definitely the writers fault, along with all of Vince's micromanaging. They hire what seems to be amateur tv soap opera writers. There's a reason why the storylines went so well back in late 99 til early 2002, because the guy they had (Chris Kreski) made sure to always have weaving storylines and real end results. Once Steph took over after that, it was very apparent that they weren't using his strategies anymore, even if things were pretty fresh in 2002-2003 (mostly Smackdown). The type of writers they should be bringing in should be comic book writers and/or writers from long-running tv series. There's no reason there should be so many empty directionless guys on the same roster who actually have more pure athletic talent than a lot of the wrestlers 10+ years ago. those empty characters it's what's separating the Rock's, Austin's, and Mick Foley's from everybody else.

Yea the PG rating has nothing to do with it, as Smackdown has been PG since it's inception in 99. It's most definitely the writers fault, along with all of Vince's micromanaging. They hire what seems to be amateur tv soap opera writers. There's a reason why the storylines went so well back in late 99 til early 2002, because the guy they had (Chris Kreski) made sure to always have weaving storylines and real end results. Once Steph took over after that, it was very apparent that they weren't using his strategies anymore, even if things were pretty fresh in 2002-2003 (mostly Smackdown). The type of writers they should be bringing in should be comic book writers and/or writers from long-running tv series. There's no reason there should be so many empty directionless guys on the same roster who actually have more pure athletic talent than a lot of the wrestlers 10+ years ago. those empty characters it's what's separating the Rock's, Austin's, and Mick Foley's from everybody else.

Exactly what i was trying to say. haha .. seriously though Vince and whoever else was writing back then created the Rock and Austin. I'm sure they could create a mega star again if VKM wanted to. Cena has jumped the shark years ago. I know he sells a ton of merchandise, but just from a TV show, storyline aspect he is used and washed up. When are we ever going to see the next boom period? or will it never happen? think 84-93 .. 97-03 .. if the pattern holds up we are about 2-3 years away from it happening. (hopefully)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom