Wrestling Thread Dec 27-Jan 2 | 12/31 - Have a Safe and Happy New Year

I like the Punk move.

They wanted to move merchandise and I think having Punk there makes Nexus a different group.

They need to keep this going unlike his last group.

Punk though is that character that is anti Cena that this could be a great feud.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

What about Barrett??????

He just fades into the sunset and comes back a face???
Send him to SD.  They desperately need a top heel.
yes that would be the perfect move, he could start a feud with edge

Barrett comes back to team up with Cena. I could already see the creative team writing it. 
ohwell.gif

What about Barrett??????

He just fades into the sunset and comes back a face???
Send him to SD.  They desperately need a top heel.
yes that would be the perfect move, he could start a feud with edge

Jeff Hardy Pleads GUILTY
But it is not good news for TNA to have its reigning world champion pleading guilty on drug charges.  

Not good news to who? The mainstream media who already thinks pro wrasslin' is a joke? Congress? I don't even like Hardy but please
laugh.gif

I wonder where this leaves Barrett too. Barrett is that dude.

Jeff Hardy Pleads GUILTY
But it is not good news for TNA to have its reigning world champion pleading guilty on drug charges.  

Not good news to who? The mainstream media who already thinks pro wrasslin' is a joke? Congress? I don't even like Hardy but please
laugh.gif

I wonder where this leaves Barrett too. Barrett is that dude.

i think barrett moves to sd to feud with edge

unless vkm gives us edge vs christian but i doubt it

maybe barrett vs taker

i think barrett moves to sd to feud with edge

unless vkm gives us edge vs christian but i doubt it

maybe barrett vs taker

Joey Styles said that he wants to see how Barrett and Punk do against Cena.

Styles also saying Nexus merchandise has been moving since Punk put the armband on.

Blah to Styles and how he is a company man now.

Styles also saying Nexus merchandise has been moving since Punk put the armband on.

Yeah I quit following this corporate sellout on Twitter a long time ago.

Yeah I quit following this corporate sellout on Twitter a long time ago.

Just finished reading through the thread after watching raw, it's like 4w was reading my mind:

Jackson Andrews looks like an oversized 12 year old.
He doesn't even look intimidating. He looks like a kid scanned his face and made a create-a-wrestler, putting on a beard, huge shoulders, maxed the height, and equipped him with default muscle shirt and jeans
laugh.gif

A grown man making an elaborate, artistic Randy Orton poster? Pause.
That was hilariously sad when I spotted it. Dude put in an inordinate amount of work on Orton's muscles
roll.gif

Slater's move is the dumbest thing I've ever seen
He literally Rock Bottoms himself
laugh.gif

Anyway, Punk saved this raw.
How long until we see Barrett go for the save and ultimately team up with Cena?
sick.gif
indifferent.gif
alien.gif

Just finished reading through the thread after watching raw, it's like 4w was reading my mind:

Jackson Andrews looks like an oversized 12 year old.
He doesn't even look intimidating. He looks like a kid scanned his face and made a create-a-wrestler, putting on a beard, huge shoulders, maxed the height, and equipped him with default muscle shirt and jeans
laugh.gif

A grown man making an elaborate, artistic Randy Orton poster? Pause.
That was hilariously sad when I spotted it. Dude put in an inordinate amount of work on Orton's muscles
roll.gif

Slater's move is the dumbest thing I've ever seen
He literally Rock Bottoms himself
laugh.gif

Anyway, Punk saved this raw.
How long until we see Barrett go for the save and ultimately team up with Cena?
sick.gif
indifferent.gif
alien.gif

- Several MMA websites are reporting that Brock Lesnar is rumored to be looking for a way to get out of his UFC contract. Apparently Lesnar is wanting to work WWE’s WrestleMania 27 pay-per-view in Atlanta next year and has been talking with officials from the company.

Lesnar reportedly hasn’t talked with anyone from UFC or answered their phone calls since losing the UFC Heavyweight Title to Cain Velasquez last month. Sources also say that Lesnar hasn’t began to prepare for his next UFC fight and hasn’t trained since losing to Velasquez.

It’s said that Lesnar has lost some interest in MMA and has been been re-considering his future in the sport after his loss to Velasquez and the beating he took in the win against Shane Carwin before that.

Lesnar, who is said to be actively looking to perform at WrestleMania, reportedly has only one fight left on his current UFC contract.

- Several MMA websites are reporting that Brock Lesnar is rumored to be looking for a way to get out of his UFC contract. Apparently Lesnar is wanting to work WWE’s WrestleMania 27 pay-per-view in Atlanta next year and has been talking with officials from the company.

Lesnar reportedly hasn’t talked with anyone from UFC or answered their phone calls since losing the UFC Heavyweight Title to Cain Velasquez last month. Sources also say that Lesnar hasn’t began to prepare for his next UFC fight and hasn’t trained since losing to Velasquez.

It’s said that Lesnar has lost some interest in MMA and has been been re-considering his future in the sport after his loss to Velasquez and the beating he took in the win against Shane Carwin before that.

Lesnar, who is said to be actively looking to perform at WrestleMania, reportedly has only one fight left on his current UFC contract.

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

From what I've looked into, I believe everything about Lesnar losing interest in UFC.  However, I don't necessarily believe the parts about him wanting to do WrestleMania... especially where he says he's actively perusing it.  Brock has been in hibernation and deep in hunting season.  For him to get out of his UFC contract will be a huge legal ordeal, and I just don't see it being resolved in time for him to be a part of WrestleMania.

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

From what I've looked into, I believe everything about Lesnar losing interest in UFC.  However, I don't necessarily believe the parts about him wanting to do WrestleMania... especially where he says he's actively perusing it.  Brock has been in hibernation and deep in hunting season.  For him to get out of his UFC contract will be a huge legal ordeal, and I just don't see it being resolved in time for him to be a part of WrestleMania.

Non-Raw Results from Albany -- Update on Travel Situation
Everyone made it to Raw as best we can tell with the only casualty being Jerry Lawler's ring gear, which he checked, and had to get the rookie speech about never checking your gear, from Michael Cole of all people.

The roads from Albany to Rochester are in good enough shape so there is no danger of the trucks being stuck or issues with the show.  Most of the Smackdown crew is already on the East Coast, as there was no major issues getting into Pittsburgh from Chicago for the house show tonight, nor major issues with driving from Pittsburgh to Rochester.

Dark match

Primo b Abraham Washington

Supertatsr

Usos b Yoshi Tatsu & Darren Young

William Regal b David Hart Smith   

Post-show dark match

John Cena & Randy Orton b Sheamus & The Miz with Michael Cole as referee.  Cena beat Sheamus with the STF in 6:00

Non-Raw Results from Albany -- Update on Travel Situation
Everyone made it to Raw as best we can tell with the only casualty being Jerry Lawler's ring gear, which he checked, and had to get the rookie speech about never checking your gear, from Michael Cole of all people.

The roads from Albany to Rochester are in good enough shape so there is no danger of the trucks being stuck or issues with the show.  Most of the Smackdown crew is already on the East Coast, as there was no major issues getting into Pittsburgh from Chicago for the house show tonight, nor major issues with driving from Pittsburgh to Rochester.

Dark match

Primo b Abraham Washington

Supertatsr

Usos b Yoshi Tatsu & Darren Young

William Regal b David Hart Smith   

Post-show dark match

John Cena & Randy Orton b Sheamus & The Miz with Michael Cole as referee.  Cena beat Sheamus with the STF in 6:00

since some of us may not be on for new years eve, lets post our top 10 WWE/TNA bold predictions for 2011

no particular order

1. Kurt Angle returns to the WWE
2. Brock Lesnar and Bill Goldberg return to the WWE
3. Mark Henry, R Truth and JTG are released
4. Dolph Ziggler becomes World Champ
5. Mason Ryan will become a faster champion than Sheamus
6. Seth Rollins will be the next big babyface
7. Kane retires
8. Eric Bischoff is fired
9. CM Punk will kick out members of nexus and add new ones
10. War Games PPV will finally happen

Back