Wrestling Thread Dec 27-Jan 2 | 12/31 - Have a Safe and Happy New Year

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Haven't watched RAW yet (only read the thread) but what if Barrett comes back as leader of the castoff ex-Nexus members?
nerd.gif
I think they're going to hold off Barrett's return for a bit longer...might coincide with the return of the injured dudes.

Seems like they're sticking to having the Nexus/Cena feud drawn out to Wrestlemania even though it looked like it was dunzo at TLC...

could happen but that would mean he would be a face seeing as darren young is one and they are planning for skip sheffield to be one when he erturns which could be at any moment

maybe barrett forms a group based on nxt 2 guys or hes simply sent to smackdown

Haven't watched RAW yet (only read the thread) but what if Barrett comes back as leader of the castoff ex-Nexus members?
nerd.gif
I think they're going to hold off Barrett's return for a bit longer...might coincide with the return of the injured dudes.

Seems like they're sticking to having the Nexus/Cena feud drawn out to Wrestlemania even though it looked like it was dunzo at TLC...

could happen but that would mean he would be a face seeing as darren young is one and they are planning for skip sheffield to be one when he erturns which could be at any moment

-- After over a year and a half, the WWE Raw Guest Star concept has apparently come to an end. WWE.com has removed the Raw Guest Star section from its Raw section.

- Current plans as of now are for The Miz to hold on to the WWE title all the way to Wrestlemania 27. No official word yet on who would be challenging him but the leading candidate to face him is John Cena.

-- After over a year and a half, the WWE Raw Guest Star concept has apparently come to an end. WWE.com has removed the Raw Guest Star section from its Raw section.

- Current plans as of now are for The Miz to hold on to the WWE title all the way to Wrestlemania 27. No official word yet on who would be challenging him but the leading candidate to face him is John Cena.

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

nerd.gif

I don't see Darren Young making a comeback
laugh.gif

But could see Barrett+Skip+Tarver. That trio would be boss.

nerd.gif

I don't see Darren Young making a comeback
laugh.gif

But could see Barrett+Skip+Tarver. That trio would be boss.

This is for Vince

Give the spot to a new guy.

This is for Vince

Give the spot to a new guy.

^It's "newz" man. Can't really take anything at face value. "Reports" on who will main event WM will change by the time the Rumble is over.

^It's "newz" man. Can't really take anything at face value. "Reports" on who will main event WM will change by the time the Rumble is over.

well color me shocked.

well color me shocked.

I would personally love to see Wade Barrett stay in Nexus. I'd like to see him be an underboss/boss-in-training under CM Punk. I'd also like to see Sheffield and Tarver back in Nexus when healthy... Husky and McGenesis can go.

I would personally love to see Wade Barrett stay in Nexus. I'd like to see him be an underboss/boss-in-training under CM Punk. I'd also like to see Sheffield and Tarver back in Nexus when healthy... Husky and McGenesis can go.

Heel Nexus (CM Punk, McGullicutty, Husky, Otunga, Slater and Gabriel) vs. Face Nexus (Barrett, Sheffield, Young, Tarver, Daniel Bryan and Cena)
laugh.gif

Heel Nexus (CM Punk, McGullicutty, Husky, Otunga, Slater and Gabriel) vs. Face Nexus (Barrett, Sheffield, Young, Tarver, Daniel Bryan and Cena)
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by chino905

laugh.gif

It's nWo Hollywood vs. nWn Wolfpac all over again.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by chino905

laugh.gif

It's nWo Hollywood vs. nWn Wolfpac all over again.
laugh.gif

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

PWTorch reader Dave writes: " I don't know if it was a work but it looked pretty serious to me. In the main event of Cena Barrett, Cena looked like he may have suffered a very serious injury. My wife even said to me the refs are yelling end it end it. Cena could barely stand and even addressed the crowd at the end of the show. I am paraphrasing but 'If I need to take some time off now, there is no way i'm gonna be carried out.' If it was a work, I am sorry to bother you and Cena really can act despite what his movie reviews say."

We are awaiting more details, but both of our correspondents were under the impression it was a legitimate situation that could lead to Cena missing ring time. We haven't heard from either correspondent what the move was that caused apparent the injury.

UPDATE: Our correspondent Rick Gasper sent us a follow-up email with these details, including that Cena's leg is what appeared to get injured on impact from the Wasteland finishing move:

The Main event was a steel cage match between John Cena and Wade Barrett. A back and forth match with Wade Barrett trying to get out and Cena stopping him. After about 20 minutes, Wade gets Cena in the Wasteland and puts Cena on the mat. Everything seemed to stop. The trainers came to the ring and were talking to both Wade and John. All the sudden John throws a Lebell Lock type of hold (it was not the STF) and Wade tapped out. Wade left the ring rather quickly.

The announcer came out and brought the mic to John. John said “I got a little beat up tonight and if I need to take some time off I will but I will not be carried from the ring.

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

PWTorch reader Dave writes: " I don't know if it was a work but it looked pretty serious to me. In the main event of Cena Barrett, Cena looked like he may have suffered a very serious injury. My wife even said to me the refs are yelling end it end it. Cena could barely stand and even addressed the crowd at the end of the show. I am paraphrasing but 'If I need to take some time off now, there is no way i'm gonna be carried out.' If it was a work, I am sorry to bother you and Cena really can act despite what his movie reviews say."

We are awaiting more details, but both of our correspondents were under the impression it was a legitimate situation that could lead to Cena missing ring time. We haven't heard from either correspondent what the move was that caused apparent the injury.

UPDATE: Our correspondent Rick Gasper sent us a follow-up email with these details, including that Cena's leg is what appeared to get injured on impact from the Wasteland finishing move:

The Main event was a steel cage match between John Cena and Wade Barrett. A back and forth match with Wade Barrett trying to get out and Cena stopping him. After about 20 minutes, Wade gets Cena in the Wasteland and puts Cena on the mat. Everything seemed to stop. The trainers came to the ring and were talking to both Wade and John. All the sudden John throws a Lebell Lock type of hold (it was not the STF) and Wade tapped out. Wade left the ring rather quickly.

The announcer came out and brought the mic to John. John said “I got a little beat up tonight and if I need to take some time off I will but I will not be carried from the ring.

Back
Top Bottom