Wrestling Thread Dec 27-Jan 2 | 12/31 - Have a Safe and Happy New Year

since some of us may not be on for new years eve, lets post our top 10 WWE/TNA bold predictions for 2011

no particular order

1. Kurt Angle returns to the WWE
2. Brock Lesnar and Bill Goldberg return to the WWE
3. Mark Henry, R Truth and JTG are released
4. Dolph Ziggler becomes World Champ
5. Mason Ryan will become a faster champion than Sheamus
6. Seth Rollins will be the next big babyface
7. Kane retires
8. Eric Bischoff is fired
9. CM Punk will kick out members of nexus and add new ones
10. War Games PPV will finally happen

Honestly I'm not enthused about Punk joining/leading Nexus.

Had they done this when Nexus was more threatening a few weeks this might've been interesting.

And where does this leave Wade Barrett? He was excellent in his role as Nexus' leader

Had they done this when Nexus was more threatening a few weeks this might've been interesting.

And where does this leave Wade Barrett? He was excellent in his role as Nexus' leader

Originally Posted by toine2983

I don't know. I'm torn about the situation myself. The plus is we see a lot more of Punk on WWE tv.

The bad is..he'll eventually lose to Cena.

Overall, I'm just happy Punk is in a major angle.

I don't know. I'm torn about the situation myself. The plus is we see a lot more of Punk on WWE tv.

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

since some of us may not be on for new years eve, lets post our top 10 WWE/TNA bold predictions for 2011

no particular order

7. Kane retires
  My guess would be it won't happen but the huge pop he would get would be crazy.

no particular order

7. Kane retires

I can't see Wade Barrett as a face.  I say he moves to Smackdown after doing a program with Nexus upon his return.

Also, I really hope the WWE drops those corny names for Husky Harris and Michael McGillicutty.  Let me them be Windham Rotunda and Joe Hennig for Pete's sake.  You've already acknowledged who their Fathers were.

I can't see Wade Barrett as a face.  I say he moves to Smackdown after doing a program with Nexus upon his return.

Also, I really hope the WWE drops those corny names for Husky Harris and Michael McGillicutty.  Let me them be Windham Rotunda and Joe Hennig for Pete's sake.  You've already acknowledged who their Fathers were.

Originally Posted by HOOD17

no particular order

7. Kane retires
I would disagree. 1) It just won't happen. 2) Jericho damn near got NO pop when he returned. Kurt was an attitude era guy, a time when most of the "WWE Universe" was either in the womb or rocking diapers. Kurt would have to reestablish himself, basically it'd be like a debut for him not a return. Which is what makes Jericho one of the best ever. Dude, pretty much was a new wrestler, (new haircut, new ring gear, new finishing move) and went right back up to main eventing in no time. 

Originally Posted by HOOD17

no particular order

7. Kane retires
I would disagree. 1) It just won't happen. 2) Jericho damn near got NO pop when he returned. Kurt was an attitude era guy, a time when most of the "WWE Universe" was either in the womb or rocking diapers. Kurt would have to reestablish himself, basically it'd be like a debut for him not a return. Which is what makes Jericho one of the best ever. Dude, pretty much was a new wrestler, (new haircut, new ring gear, new finishing move) and went right back up to main eventing in no time. 

no particular order

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan ive been saying 10 for years now. and if 1 happens, thatll be too great. been missing angle in actual great story lines. tan did good with him for a bit but it just got bad.

if both or either were to happen, which i dont think they will, ill go streaking.

no particular order

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan ive been saying 10 for years now. and if 1 happens, thatll be too great. been missing angle in actual great story lines. tan did good with him for a bit but it just got bad.

if both or either were to happen, which i dont think they will, ill go streaking.

Sources report that WWE has resumed negotiations with Dave Batista in hopes that he will return for a match at WrestleMania 27. Batista gave indication over a month ago that he was not interested in returning but officials have since made him a new offer.

Several people were surprised at Batista’s name being mentioned on RAW last night because he has not agreed to any kind of deal yet.

It’s no secret that WWE officials, mainly Vince McMahon, are worried about having big money angles for this year’s WrestleMania. As noted before, officials have recently resumed negotiations with Bill Goldberg as well.

- For the first 11 months in 2010, WWE did 1,941,000 domestic pay-per-view buys on 12 events, an average of 161,750 buys per show. In comparison, through the first 11 months of 2009 they did 2,594,000 domestic buys on 13 shows, an average of 199,500 buys per show. This is a drop of 18.9% per show.

from Chuck Palumbo

"2 fans asked me how much a wrestler makes over at TNA today, when I told them the "average mid carder"is makin less than 500 a match...no hotels .....they couldn't believe it.. That's before taxes and expenses and paying your own health insurance.... They were like holy****...we better stay in school.. I said "good idea." That's not a knock on the boys....I respect their passion....the wrestling companies take advantage of their passion!"

Poster for WWE's 2011 Elimination Chamber PPV
http://nodq.com/wwe/295552047.shtml

Sources report that WWE has resumed negotiations with Dave Batista in hopes that he will return for a match at WrestleMania 27. Batista gave indication over a month ago that he was not interested in returning but officials have since made him a new offer.

Several people were surprised at Batista’s name being mentioned on RAW last night because he has not agreed to any kind of deal yet.

It’s no secret that WWE officials, mainly Vince McMahon, are worried about having big money angles for this year’s WrestleMania. As noted before, officials have recently resumed negotiations with Bill Goldberg as well.

- For the first 11 months in 2010, WWE did 1,941,000 domestic pay-per-view buys on 12 events, an average of 161,750 buys per show. In comparison, through the first 11 months of 2009 they did 2,594,000 domestic buys on 13 shows, an average of 199,500 buys per show. This is a drop of 18.9% per show.

from Chuck Palumbo

"2 fans asked me how much a wrestler makes over at TNA today, when I told them the "average mid carder"is makin less than 500 a match...no hotels .....they couldn't believe it.. That's before taxes and expenses and paying your own health insurance.... They were like holy****...we better stay in school.. I said "good idea." That's not a knock on the boys....I respect their passion....the wrestling companies take advantage of their passion!"

Poster for WWE's 2011 Elimination Chamber PPV
http://nodq.com/wwe/295552047.shtml

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Enough for me to start watching again...

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Enough for me to start watching again...

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

- Several MMA websites are reporting that Brock Lesnar is rumored to be looking for a way to get out of his UFC contract. Apparently Lesnar is wanting to work WWE’s WrestleMania 27 pay-per-view in Atlanta next year and has been talking with officials from the company.

Lesnar reportedly hasn’t talked with anyone from UFC or answered their phone calls since losing the UFC Heavyweight Title to Cain Velasquez last month. Sources also say that Lesnar hasn’t began to prepare for his next UFC fight and hasn’t trained since losing to Velasquez.

It’s said that Lesnar has lost some interest in MMA and has been been re-considering his future in the sport after his loss to Velasquez and the beating he took in the win against Shane Carwin before that.

Lesnar, who is said to be actively looking to perform at WrestleMania, reportedly has only one fight left on his current UFC contract.

From what I've looked into, I believe everything about Lesnar losing interest in UFC.  However, I don't necessarily believe the parts about him wanting to do WrestleMania... especially where he says he's actively perusing it.  Brock has been in hibernation and deep in hunting season.  For him to get out of his UFC contract will be a huge legal ordeal, and I just don't see it being resolved in time for him to be a part of WrestleMania.

Got this info from the Sports Forum:

Brock Lesnar’s last fight has taken its toll on the former UFC Heavyweight champion. According to sources, Brock wants out of the UFC and wants to go back to wrestling..I’m told Brock has asked for his release from Dana White so he can participate in WrestleMania. At his age, he wants to keep his health intact..Reportedly he could earn up to 2 million dollars if he were to make an appearance at WWE’s biggest event of the year..Brock still owes Dana White one more fight before his contract ends

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

- Several MMA websites are reporting that Brock Lesnar is rumored to be looking for a way to get out of his UFC contract. Apparently Lesnar is wanting to work WWE’s WrestleMania 27 pay-per-view in Atlanta next year and has been talking with officials from the company.

Lesnar reportedly hasn’t talked with anyone from UFC or answered their phone calls since losing the UFC Heavyweight Title to Cain Velasquez last month. Sources also say that Lesnar hasn’t began to prepare for his next UFC fight and hasn’t trained since losing to Velasquez.

It’s said that Lesnar has lost some interest in MMA and has been been re-considering his future in the sport after his loss to Velasquez and the beating he took in the win against Shane Carwin before that.

Lesnar, who is said to be actively looking to perform at WrestleMania, reportedly has only one fight left on his current UFC contract.

From what I've looked into, I believe everything about Lesnar losing interest in UFC.  However, I don't necessarily believe the parts about him wanting to do WrestleMania... especially where he says he's actively perusing it.  Brock has been in hibernation and deep in hunting season.  For him to get out of his UFC contract will be a huge legal ordeal, and I just don't see it being resolved in time for him to be a part of WrestleMania.

Got this info from the Sports Forum:

Brock Lesnar’s last fight has taken its toll on the former UFC Heavyweight champion. According to sources, Brock wants out of the UFC and wants to go back to wrestling..I’m told Brock has asked for his release from Dana White so he can participate in WrestleMania. At his age, he wants to keep his health intact..Reportedly he could earn up to 2 million dollars if he were to make an appearance at WWE’s biggest event of the year..Brock still owes Dana White one more fight before his contract ends

Haven't watched RAW yet (only read the thread) but what if Barrett comes back as leader of the castoff ex-Nexus members?
nerd.gif
I think they're going to hold off Barrett's return for a bit longer...might coincide with the return of the injured dudes.

Seems like they're sticking to having the Nexus/Cena feud drawn out to Wrestlemania even though it looked like it was dunzo at TLC...

Haven't watched RAW yet (only read the thread) but what if Barrett comes back as leader of the castoff ex-Nexus members?
nerd.gif
I think they're going to hold off Barrett's return for a bit longer...might coincide with the return of the injured dudes.

Seems like they're sticking to having the Nexus/Cena feud drawn out to Wrestlemania even though it looked like it was dunzo at TLC...

Back
Top Bottom