Wrestling Thread Dec 27-Jan 2 | 12/31 - Have a Safe and Happy New Year

angrydave.gif

Originally Posted by hellaones

Originally Posted by AndOneFlip

It would suck for the wwe for cena to be out for a long time

30t6p3b.gif
Vince shot himself in the foot with this one. Does anyone remember back during the Attitude era where Vince kept Austin (or maybe it was the Rock) out of action basically to prove a point to them that they were not a necessity to the product? I understand Cena's importance but would it really have hurt that much to have him miss a couple episodes of Raw after he was "fired?" The fact he was on Raw the very next night to terrorize Nexus diluted that storyline so much more than what it could have been.

Not sure if your talking about that time when Austin walked out the day of Raw when they had the first draft. He didn't agree with plans and had to rescripted raw and they said he was a free agent and when he did come back it was who was he gonna sign with.  Or whenAustin didn't want to put over Lesnar without any build cuz it would hurt his character to get beat by a relatively new guy. They said that Austin took his ball and went home.

Or is what your thinking of different.

Originally Posted by hellaones

Originally Posted by AndOneFlip

It would suck for the wwe for cena to be out for a long time

30t6p3b.gif
Vince shot himself in the foot with this one. Does anyone remember back during the Attitude era where Vince kept Austin (or maybe it was the Rock) out of action basically to prove a point to them that they were not a necessity to the product? I understand Cena's importance but would it really have hurt that much to have him miss a couple episodes of Raw after he was "fired?" The fact he was on Raw the very next night to terrorize Nexus diluted that storyline so much more than what it could have been.

Not sure if your talking about that time when Austin walked out the day of Raw when they had the first draft. He didn't agree with plans and had to rescripted raw and they said he was a free agent and when he did come back it was who was he gonna sign with.  Or whenAustin didn't want to put over Lesnar without any build cuz it would hurt his character to get beat by a relatively new guy. They said that Austin took his ball and went home.

Or is what your thinking of different.

Originally Posted by wxyzfactor

Originally Posted by 3dgarfly23

- Mexican star Mistico has made more inquiries about coming into WWE. The company had talks with him last year and he did a tryout match that impressed everyone. At the time, he was making such good money in Mexico that it didn't make sense to leave.

i heard that jbl told wwe staff to sign him asap but wwe wasnt able to because CMLL still had him under contract and didnt want to release there biggest star

That will be great if he can speak English well to get over with the fans like Rey Misterio (Yes, I know he's from California and born there).  If he can't speak English well, he'll end up light other great light heavyweights like Taka Michinoku and Ultimo Dragon.  Great wrestlers but jobbed out by McMahon eventually because they could not speak English well on the mic to get over with the fans.   

I am WWE fan and hated WCW during the Monday Night Wars but I always give Eric Bischoff credit for displaying and letting light heavyweights shine in WCW, Rey Misterio, Ultimo Dragon, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, Dean Malenko. Chris Jericho, and etc even though some of those guys had little or no mic skills.

I was (and still) a big WCW fan. I didn't think Eric gave enough shine to the smaller wrestlers. Funny how people have different perceptions of that.

I would hate to see Mistico go there and be nothing. I don't think his English is that good so he will just be burried. Him vs Rey would be a nice feud, maybe Rey could be heel for once? Not sure how that would work. But if they aren't going to bring back the Cruiserweight title, I don't see a use for him.

Originally Posted by wxyzfactor

Originally Posted by 3dgarfly23

- Mexican star Mistico has made more inquiries about coming into WWE. The company had talks with him last year and he did a tryout match that impressed everyone. At the time, he was making such good money in Mexico that it didn't make sense to leave.

i heard that jbl told wwe staff to sign him asap but wwe wasnt able to because CMLL still had him under contract and didnt want to release there biggest star

That will be great if he can speak English well to get over with the fans like Rey Misterio (Yes, I know he's from California and born there).  If he can't speak English well, he'll end up light other great light heavyweights like Taka Michinoku and Ultimo Dragon.  Great wrestlers but jobbed out by McMahon eventually because they could not speak English well on the mic to get over with the fans.   

I am WWE fan and hated WCW during the Monday Night Wars but I always give Eric Bischoff credit for displaying and letting light heavyweights shine in WCW, Rey Misterio, Ultimo Dragon, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, Dean Malenko. Chris Jericho, and etc even though some of those guys had little or no mic skills.

I was (and still) a big WCW fan. I didn't think Eric gave enough shine to the smaller wrestlers. Funny how people have different perceptions of that.

I would hate to see Mistico go there and be nothing. I don't think his English is that good so he will just be burried. Him vs Rey would be a nice feud, maybe Rey could be heel for once? Not sure how that would work. But if they aren't going to bring back the Cruiserweight title, I don't see a use for him.

That's one of the funniest botch's in a while.
eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
@ the dude at the end, looked like a Tamina splash.

That's one of the funniest botch's in a while.
eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
@ the dude at the end, looked like a Tamina splash.

Match Number One: The Big Show Vs. Dashing Cody Rhodes.

Match Number Two: Drew McIntyre Vs. Trent Barreta.
Match Number Three: Edge (c) & Rey Mysterio Vs. Alberto Del Rio & Kane.

Match Number Four: Lay Cool Vs. Natalya (c) & Beth Phoenix.

Match Number Five: Kofi Kingston Vs. Jack Swagger Vs. Dolph Ziggler (c) w/ Vickie, Triple Threat IC Title Match.

Match Number One: The Big Show Vs. Dashing Cody Rhodes.

Match Number Two: Drew McIntyre Vs. Trent Barreta.
Match Number Three: Edge (c) & Rey Mysterio Vs. Alberto Del Rio & Kane.

Match Number Four: Lay Cool Vs. Natalya (c) & Beth Phoenix.

Match Number Five: Kofi Kingston Vs. Jack Swagger Vs. Dolph Ziggler (c) w/ Vickie, Triple Threat IC Title Match.

I just want to wish all of the #NT wrestling crew a happy new year. Hopefully WWE and TNA can get things moving in the right direction in 2011 for a much more enjoyable year.

Everyone be safe tonight. No drinking and driving.

I just want to wish all of the #NT wrestling crew a happy new year. Hopefully WWE and TNA can get things moving in the right direction in 2011 for a much more enjoyable year.

Everyone be safe tonight. No drinking and driving.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

I just want to wish all of the #NT wrestling crew a happy new year.  Everyone be safe tonight. No drinking and driving.

Same to you 4W, everyone ring it in the safe way 

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

I just want to wish all of the #NT wrestling crew a happy new year.  Everyone be safe tonight. No drinking and driving.

Same to you 4W, everyone ring it in the safe way 

Back
Top Bottom