Wrestling Thread Dec 27-Jan 2 | 12/31 - Have a Safe and Happy New Year

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

Awesome Kong to WWE

Sources are reporting that, as suspected, Awesome Kong has signed with WWE.
Rumors began to surface on Tuesday that Kong had signed with the company, and her tweet is being taken as confirmation of the news.

"My dreams just came true today," she wrote. "I got my dream job. Yes, THAT one"

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2010/1229/535087/awesome-kong/#

[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]You can tell that wasn't a Johnny Ace hire. But good for her, she can basically dominate the divas for the next few years and just be insanely over.[/font]

Money-wise, I'd say it's a dream come true.  Career-wise, I'd say not.  Like JNSQ said, she'll come in as a monster and be turned to comedy within a few months.  I'll put the o/u on her WWE career at 1.5 years.

Latest Cena Update
John Cena's injury was a bruised hip, not a hip pointer as listed in an earlier report today.  The injury was not as serious as feared last night or even this afternoon, and he is not expected to be out of action for any lengthy period of time, with it considered a day-to-day thing.

Big Show has been sent from the Smackdown tour to the Raw shows for today and tomorrow to fill in for Cena in cage matches against Wade Barrett. 

Latest Cena Update
John Cena's injury was a bruised hip, not a hip pointer as listed in an earlier report today.  The injury was not as serious as feared last night or even this afternoon, and he is not expected to be out of action for any lengthy period of time, with it considered a day-to-day thing.

Big Show has been sent from the Smackdown tour to the Raw shows for today and tomorrow to fill in for Cena in cage matches against Wade Barrett. 

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Awesome Kong to WWE

Rumors began to surface on Tuesday that Kong had signed with the company, and her tweet is being taken as confirmation of the news.

"My dreams just came true today," she wrote. "I got my dream job. Yes, THAT one"

[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]You can tell that wasn't a Johnny Ace hire. But good for her, she can basically dominate the divas for the next few years and just be insanely over.[/font]
Money-wise, I'd say it's a dream come true.  Career-wise, I'd say not.  Like JNSQ said, she'll come in as a monster and be turned to comedy within a few months.  I'll put the o/u on her WWE career at 1.5 years.

Yeah...  Anyone remember the late Bertha Faye/Rhonda Singh?  A big, power wrestler in the mold of Awesome Kong but turned into a comedy wrestler by Vince McMahon.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Awesome Kong to WWE

Yeah...  Anyone remember the late Bertha Faye/Rhonda Singh?  A big, power wrestler in the mold of Awesome Kong but turned into a comedy wrestler by Vince McMahon.

- Last week WWE had a tentative WrestleMania line-up written that included John Cena vs. The Miz for the WWE Title and Randy Orton vs. CM Punk.

No word yet on what this means for their plans for the Punk vs. Cena program that is currently going on but with two pay-per-views between now and WrestleMania, it would be hard not to have a Punk vs. Cena match before WrestleMania, depending on how they planned to do the angle with Nexus involved.

- Mexican star Mistico has made more inquiries about coming into WWE. The company had talks with him last year and he did a tryout match that impressed everyone. At the time, he was making such good money in Mexico that it didn't make sense to leave.

- Kaval requested his release from WWE after being frustrated over his position with the company. WWE creative was told to job him out after winning NXT but were then told to build him up for a few weeks for the pay-per-view title match against Dolph Ziggler, which he lost.

Creative was then told to start jobbing Kaval back out again. The story is that after he lost to Drew McIntyre on the December 21st SmackDown, he asked officials if he had any heat and was told no. Kaval then asked if they had any future plans for him and was told they had no plans or ideas for him. He then asked for his release and was granted.

- To go along with a planned WCW tie-in at WrestleMania 27, it looks like Lex Luger, Arn Anderson and Ron Simmons will be going into the Hall of Fame.

- WWE is looking to push FCW Champion Mason Ryan big time as they are looking to fill Batista's old role.

- Last week WWE had a tentative WrestleMania line-up written that included John Cena vs. The Miz for the WWE Title and Randy Orton vs. CM Punk.

No word yet on what this means for their plans for the Punk vs. Cena program that is currently going on but with two pay-per-views between now and WrestleMania, it would be hard not to have a Punk vs. Cena match before WrestleMania, depending on how they planned to do the angle with Nexus involved.

- Mexican star Mistico has made more inquiries about coming into WWE. The company had talks with him last year and he did a tryout match that impressed everyone. At the time, he was making such good money in Mexico that it didn't make sense to leave.

- Kaval requested his release from WWE after being frustrated over his position with the company. WWE creative was told to job him out after winning NXT but were then told to build him up for a few weeks for the pay-per-view title match against Dolph Ziggler, which he lost.

Creative was then told to start jobbing Kaval back out again. The story is that after he lost to Drew McIntyre on the December 21st SmackDown, he asked officials if he had any heat and was told no. Kaval then asked if they had any future plans for him and was told they had no plans or ideas for him. He then asked for his release and was granted.

- To go along with a planned WCW tie-in at WrestleMania 27, it looks like Lex Luger, Arn Anderson and Ron Simmons will be going into the Hall of Fame.

- WWE is looking to push FCW Champion Mason Ryan big time as they are looking to fill Batista's old role.

^nah what they mean is he is a batista clone, could be his twin

he looks like evolution batista

Originally Posted by mjmoney23

WWE is looking to push FCW Champion Mason Ryan big time as they are looking to fill Batista's old role

So he will be Deacon Mason Ryan???
Nah, he'll be Leviathan Jr. , then Deacon Ryan, then just Ryan.

^nah what they mean is he is a batista clone, could be his twin

he looks like evolution batista

Originally Posted by mjmoney23

WWE is looking to push FCW Champion Mason Ryan big time as they are looking to fill Batista's old role

So he will be Deacon Mason Ryan???
Nah, he'll be Leviathan Jr. , then Deacon Ryan, then just Ryan.

Originally Posted by AndOneFlip

It would suck for the wwe for cena to be out for a long time

30t6p3b.gif
Vince shot himself in the foot with this one. Does anyone remember back during the Attitude era where Vince kept Austin (or maybe it was the Rock) out of action basically to prove a point to them that they were not a necessity to the product? I understand Cena's importance but would it really have hurt that much to have him miss a couple episodes of Raw after he was "fired?" The fact he was on Raw the very next night to terrorize Nexus diluted that storyline so much more than what it could have been.

Originally Posted by AndOneFlip

It would suck for the wwe for cena to be out for a long time

30t6p3b.gif
Vince shot himself in the foot with this one. Does anyone remember back during the Attitude era where Vince kept Austin (or maybe it was the Rock) out of action basically to prove a point to them that they were not a necessity to the product? I understand Cena's importance but would it really have hurt that much to have him miss a couple episodes of Raw after he was "fired?" The fact he was on Raw the very next night to terrorize Nexus diluted that storyline so much more than what it could have been.

I wanted to buy a Mistico mask, but I wouldn't be able to drink with it on so I passed on it.
I'm now leaning towards Tiger Mask or La Parka.

I wanted to buy a Mistico mask, but I wouldn't be able to drink with it on so I passed on it.
I'm now leaning towards Tiger Mask or La Parka.

NXT notes
-Brodus Clay is better on camera then DiBiase already. DiBiase dropped a Always Sunny reference and I get his deal. Maryse is bringing him down. He could be good if he learned how to be charismatic. He's too bland for TV.

Spoiler [+]
Hope I didn't go over board on the notes

Question: Was the Morrison Miz WWE Title match announced this past Monday? I didn't remember hearing about it.

NXT notes
-Brodus Clay is better on camera then DiBiase already. DiBiase dropped a Always Sunny reference and I get his deal. Maryse is bringing him down. He could be good if he learned how to be charismatic. He's too bland for TV.

Spoiler [+]
Hope I didn't go over board on the notes

Question: Was the Morrison Miz WWE Title match announced this past Monday? I didn't remember hearing about it.

Back
Top Bottom