Wrestling Thread Feb 20-26 | 2/24 Beware, There is a Criminal (Lobo) Lurking in this Thread

#somuchswagziggler
pimp.gif

So...can we FINALLY give the Big Show his walking papers!?

How has this guy remained with the company for this long? Does he have incriminating photos of Vince or HHH? 

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Good to see that Jericho actually was concerned about Wade unlike some of you morons in here laughing about a serious injury.
go back and rewatch it.
i think jericho was confused as to where he was suppose to go for the WM camera shot.

he was asking the ref if he was going the right way, but ended up on the wrong side.

you can see him just stop to stand and look up at punk who was on the turnbuckle waiting for him.

the camera pans up like it would have to show Punk/Jericho/ and the WM banner.

but quickly pans down and cuts to only punk since you could only see punk jericho and the raw logo.

at hasn't been more apparent to me than this past year at just how much WWE does not care about their talent.
you take the paycheck out of the equation (which i'm sure 70% of the roster is not making nearly as much as we think) and i can bet that the WWE is a hell hole of a company to work for.

btw: any idea what the point of kharma's return at the rumble was?

Originally Posted by brasilianmami

btw: any idea what the point of kharma's return at the rumble was?
She had just had here baby and was a Rumble surprise.  She wasn't ready to be full time at that point.  She will be back next week or the week after to return full time and start her program with Beth.

\during that god awful eve/cena segment my girl turned to me and was like "I bet the guys in your little wrestling thread are throwing temper tantrums and raging over this nonsense we are watching right now".

Spoiler [+]
can't wait to see if she was right
laugh.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

she's a keeper 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by diew its james

indifferent.gif

no build up to this... seems like 2 big egos just want to steal the show. seriously when was the last time there was a GOOD HIAC match?
no build?
you sound like a buffoon.

go back to jordan brand famb.

really? they wrestled last year because hhh came out and did a "suck it" on the night taker returned and then had an "iconic" match at WM27. this year taker calls out hhh and basically plays with his ego like they're 10 year olds on a playground calling each other chicken. hhh is all about business but then BAM he can't handle the name calling anymore and we get HIAC?

[h2]Who is John Cena’s freakishly strong friend? [/h2][h3]Posted by Corey Erdman under Around The Universe, RAW on Feb 21, 2012 [/h3]

At Elimination Chamber, a video package was shown once again illustrating John Cena’s burning desire to face The Rock at Wrestlemania. We’d already been given a look into The Rock’s workout regiment, so it was only fitting that the fans be shown Cena’s gym routine.

We were taken into Hard Nock’s South, Cena’s favourite training grounds, where some of the WWE’s developmental talent is training.

Although the video was meant to showcase Cena’s routine, it’s ultimately another man who steals the show: Big E Langston.

Big E steps up to the bar and makes any feats of strength performed by Dino Bravo or Hercules in the past seem miniscule by comparison. The monstrous Langston lays down and hammers out a 575 pound raw bench press, which makes Cena lose his mind and jump up and down like a girl seeing New Kids on the Block emerge from their limo.

After sharing in Cena’s excitement, the majority of the WWE Universe was left wondering just who in the world this Big E character is?

As noted in the video, Big E is a WWE Development Talent, currently performing in Florida Championship Wrestling up the road from Hard Nock’s. (We assume, because the location of the gym is only known to be in Tampa. The actual address is confidential.) He is also part of the long line of football players-turned professional wrestlers (Cena said it on RAW, so I can too!), having spent three seasons with the Iowa Hawkeyes as a defensive lineman.

While at Iowa, Big E struggled with knee injuries primarily, tearing his ACL in a different knee in two consecutive seasons. This cost him a lot of playing time, and what could have been a promising playing career. Ultimately, an injury sustained during practice leading up to the 2006 Alamo Bowl bowl season ended his football career for good.

By all accounts however, he has recovered fully, and is an absolute physical specimen. His lifting feats are not just impressive within the confines of the gym, or even the world of sports entertainment either. A little research shows that Big E is one of the elite weightlifters in the state of Florida, holding the record in the 275-pound class in the squat, bench press, deadlift and total categories, all records he set in 2010. One year later, and a few pounds of pure muscle later, he nabbed the top spot in the deadlift and total at super heavyweight as well.

You can judge his in-ring performance in a recent FCW match above for yourself, but in terms of raw strength and athletic ability, there may not be anyone in the WWE system as a whole who can compete with Big E Langston.

Originally Posted by gottagitdemjs

Originally Posted by theDEEK

Miz is pretty deep in the doghouse, he really hasn't been any significance since the Awesome Truth tag team.

Does anybody know what he did to get in trouble?

He's he worst in the world at everything he does.

Did they really think it was a good idea to put every participant from the Elimination Chamber in a match the next night on Raw filled with risky spots?

The EC is definitely a physically tasking match and instead of further risking all these guys getting injured (get well soon Wade), they could've established a #1 contender with a Chamber match instead of having a throw a way title match just because.

Also, after Santino's performance at the Chamber they're really going to just job him out the next night like its nothing. Any half intelligent writer could've made Santino a superstar years ago.

This company can be incredibly stupid.

Originally Posted by YardFather

Originally Posted by gottagitdemjs

Originally Posted by theDEEK

Miz is pretty deep in the doghouse, he really hasn't been any significance since the Awesome Truth tag team.

Does anybody know what he did to get in trouble?

He's he worst in the world at everything he does.

i don't know why but 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

should be his new gimmick, i'm sure anything is better than his awesome gimmick he has now.

aksana just made kelly kelly look like the second coming of lita.

please WWE, i never want to see aksana in a wwe ring again.
Aksana did one of the worst elbow drops I've ever seen. She can do the hell out of a Spinebuster though, but
it seems like that's the only thing she knows how to do.

I need to run through about half of Raw later before SD, but that crowd was so awful during the Taker segment, just gives

me more reason to hate Minnesota along with the Wolves. Those two vids you posted 
roll.gif
classic heel Taker right there.

he may not have had many good matches from 99-02, but his promos were fire.

Barrett's not seeing WM; dislocated elbow is no joke...he'd have a better chance with a broken arm

great booking by the WWE; next week they should have a Uzi match

Can't imagine the frustration that goes along with an injury like Barrett's. Miss out on Wrestlemania and lose all your momentum. Probably hurts worse than the actual pain.

You guys give Miz way too much flack.

i'll agree he's a poor in-ring performer (and at times, outright dangerous to work with)

but he's solid on the mic, charismatic, and at a time where lack of big-names is a MAJOR issue right now, he definitely has his following (and whether you like it or not, once he eventually turns face, the "really?" thing is going to

be huge with the crowd) and the boys in Connecticut should keep that going, instead of feeling the need to bury him week in and week out

and blaming HIM of all people for the SS buyrates? give me a break
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by VeintiSiete

and blaming HIM of all people for the SS buyrates? give me a break
30t6p3b.gif
Obviously it's not his fault, but WWE has chosen to make him the scapegoat.

Wrestlers Happy Over John Cena's Shoot Comments Towards The Rock On RAW 

Many wrestlers backstage resent the Rock, one blasts him under anonymity... 

Many wrestlers backstage at RAW were happy to hear John Cena's comments about The Rock on RAW last night. The feeling among many was that the comments were a shoot on how many backstage feel about Rock. 

One of the wrestlers backstage told PWInsider the following about the Rock under the condition of anonymity:

"[Johnson] comes in to use WWE to get back the audience he lost doing Disney movies, which is fine but he's been back over a year and name one person he helped make a bigger star since then? No one. He's here for himself, he keeps to himself, and he keeps someone who's actually touring here all year from making a bigger payday at the bigger shows. It's all about making this the "biggest" Mania of all time. OK, then what do we do the rest of the year? Who's been made? You think he took ANY blame for Survivor [Series] not drawing? Of course not, but how do you feud with a guy on the Titantron? Cena nailed the guy dead on tonight. Say anything about HHH, Taker, etc. still being in the top spot but if they were needed to work the road, they would and they would still work their +*!$* off as much as they needed to. Rock is out for Rock and the idea he's here to better anything but his own wallet is the biggest work of 2012."

"For what it's worth, Rock has been staying at the same hotel as the rest of the WWE crew every time he has been booked for TV." 

[font=Arial, Verdana]I can't tell if this is kayfabe or not, but if it's not, you have a bunch of Jets-like peons in the locker room.[/font]

Originally Posted by Agthekid

Originally Posted by Agthekid

indifferent.gif
You didn't even put my elimination chamber points up
You didn't enter, Skippy.
I did but I won't argue with you
If you did, it didn't go through.  I went back through all 72 entries.  Your's wasn't there.  Sorry.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Wrestlers Happy Over John Cena's Shoot Comments Towards The Rock On RAW 

Many wrestlers backstage resent the Rock, one blasts him under anonymity... 

Many wrestlers backstage at RAW were happy to hear John Cena's comments about The Rock on RAW last night. The feeling among many was that the comments were a shoot on how many backstage feel about Rock. 

One of the wrestlers backstage told PWInsider the following about the Rock under the condition of anonymity:

"[Johnson] comes in to use WWE to get back the audience he lost doing Disney movies, which is fine but he's been back over a year and name one person he helped make a bigger star since then? No one. He's here for himself, he keeps to himself, and he keeps someone who's actually touring here all year from making a bigger payday at the bigger shows. It's all about making this the "biggest" Mania of all time. OK, then what do we do the rest of the year? Who's been made? You think he took ANY blame for Survivor [Series] not drawing? Of course not, but how do you feud with a guy on the Titantron? Cena nailed the guy dead on tonight. Say anything about HHH, Taker, etc. still being in the top spot but if they were needed to work the road, they would and they would still work their +*!$* off as much as they needed to. Rock is out for Rock and the idea he's here to better anything but his own wallet is the biggest work of 2012."

"For what it's worth, Rock has been staying at the same hotel as the rest of the WWE crew every time he has been booked for TV." 

[font=Arial, Verdana]I can't tell if this is kayfabe or not, but if it's not, you have a bunch of Jets-like peons in the locker room.[/font]

It's not kayfabe.  There are many morons in the WWE locker room.  Do these fools realize how much extra money The Rock is making every single guy on the WWE roster?  Their WrestleMania bonuses are dramatically increased because of The Rock's presence on the show.  Yes, Survivor Series was a flop, but not because of The Rock.  It was because of the terrible storyline and teaming Cena and Rock together, something the fans didn't want to see.  Leading into last year's Mania, business was dramatically up in all aspects, and Mania did a huge #, well above expectations.  Plus, if The Rock was on Raw every single week, he would be no where near the draw he is only coming in a few times a year.  The Rock is a special attraction that people are willing to tune in and pay for.
The WWE locker room is just overflowing with jealousy and resentment because guys today can't get over.  How many times have we heard stories of guys who were showing promise get punished because they started to act like a star backstage?  How many times have guys got over with the crowd and WWE chooses to bury them to prove that they aren't really main eventers?  But then WWE will complain that the guys today don't have what it takes to become stars.  No, it's the WWE today that won't allow new talents to become stars.  Like Brasil said, WWE is a horrible, horrible working environment.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

[size=+0]
[/size]

[size=+0]
[/size]

Judging by the "he keeps to himself, and he keeps someone who's actually touring here all year from making a bigger payday at the bigger shows" line, I doubt it

Caught up on Raw late last night. The crowd made that Undertaker segment uncomfortable to watch. I've never heard him speak in that tone before and all the WHAT!s were ruining it. When Trips agreed and came back in Undertakers face, I knew he was about to add a stipulation. Either HIAC or Buried Alive. Marked, I did.

Definitely rewound that Dolph/Wade bump a few times
30t6p3b.gif

And as much as I hate Cena, he needs to keep those promos coming against The Rock.

^The problem with WWE management is the top dogs are "Old School" egotistical maniacs. The new gen are "New School" egotistical maniacs/*******.

I feel that CM Punk has succeeded because he isn't afraid of backlash. Same reason why Shawn made it. Neither give a **$$. Shawn because of the drugs probably. Cm because, in my opinion, feels he never does wrong. (Very characteristic of straight edge people)

Other guys don't have the huevos to be something because of job security, or when they do succeed they don't know how to handle it. (Backstage attitude, partying, etc.)

If I was a WWE star I would have modeled my career after Triple H. (ALA Sheamus) Because it seriously is all about how you play the game.

I don't really contribute here much due to me rarely watching WWE anymore. But honestly, I can kinda see why some backstage are pissed about the Rock's current situation. I kinda think of it like this; imagine this was a corporation where there is now a job opening (headlining WM) towards the top of the ladder. There are multiple people who have been seasoned to take over this position knowing the time is nigh. WM doesn't exactly sneak up on anyone. It's the same time every year. You have people that have literally given up their personal lives and whatnot to help make the company what it is. They are there night in and night out. The position becomes available and the company hires outside of their loyal company. Not only does the company give the new guy the office with a view, but they also roll out the welcome mat and let him determine what waters will be charted. I could see how that would be a bit unnerving. Jealousy is unavoidable in these circumstances.

The Rock should lose cleanly at WM. Anything short of that makes the rest of the year seem like a joke.

Back
Top Bottom