Wrestling Thread Feb 7-13 | 2/13 TNA Against All Odds - Angle vs Jarrett | Anderson vs Jeff Hardy

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Toronto should have gotten the show.

I think WWE is afraid to run in WrestleMania in Toronto (or has given up on the Toronto market) now that the UFC is running there as well. The UFC sold 42,000 tickets today for UFC 129 at Rogers Centre and was just for the pre-sale. The rest of the tickets are expected to go fast.

Just went through the past 4 pages now, I'm glad aqua got CLUBBED.
HBK as guest ref for Del Rio's match?
Taker vs Otunga?

Son
tired.gif

Just went through the past 4 pages now, I'm glad aqua got CLUBBED.
HBK as guest ref for Del Rio's match?
Taker vs Otunga?

Son
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Nike Jordan

I think WWE is afraid to run in WrestleMania in Toronto (or has given up on the Toronto market) now that the UFC is running there as well. The UFC sold 42,000 tickets today for UFC 129 at Rogers Centre and was just for the pre-sale. The rest of the tickets are expected to go fast.
Two things...

This is just from memory so I could be wrong, but I believe they sold 32,000 tickets yesterday in the UFC Fight Club presale.  Their current planned setup is to only seat a total of 42,000-44,000, but that could change based on demand.

If UFC was holding this show within a few months of WrestleMania, I could definitely see WWE staying away, especially with how expensive UFC tickets are.  But with WrestleMania XXVIII being a year later, I don't think it is an issue.  WWE may paper the crowd a lot and exaggerate the actual attendance, but they would have no problem getting 60,000 people into a WrestleMania in Toronto.

Originally Posted by Nike Jordan

Two things...

This is just from memory so I could be wrong, but I believe they sold 32,000 tickets yesterday in the UFC Fight Club presale.  Their current planned setup is to only seat a total of 42,000-44,000, but that could change based on demand.

If UFC was holding this show within a few months of WrestleMania, I could definitely see WWE staying away, especially with how expensive UFC tickets are.  But with WrestleMania XXVIII being a year later, I don't think it is an issue.  WWE may paper the crowd a lot and exaggerate the actual attendance, but they would have no problem getting 60,000 people into a WrestleMania in Toronto.

Wm card in my mind-

Edge vs Christian
Taker vs Del Rio (Championship match) - HBK enforcer
Miz vs Cena (Championship match)
Riley vs The King (Michael Cole on a Pole match)
HHH vs. Sheamus
Morrison vs Danielson vs Dolph vs Kofi (special interpromotion match (like that matters anymore))
Kane vs Dolph vs Rey vs Rhodes vs R-Truth vs Drew Mac vs Bourne vs Boss Barrett
Show vs Zeke (Guerrilla Press challenge)
Corre vs Nexus
Punk vs RKO

Wm card in my mind-

Edge vs Christian
Taker vs Del Rio (Championship match) - HBK enforcer
Miz vs Cena (Championship match)
Riley vs The King (Michael Cole on a Pole match)
HHH vs. Sheamus
Morrison vs Danielson vs Dolph vs Kofi (special interpromotion match (like that matters anymore))
Kane vs Dolph vs Rey vs Rhodes vs R-Truth vs Drew Mac vs Bourne vs Boss Barrett
Show vs Zeke (Guerrilla Press challenge)
Corre vs Nexus
Punk vs RKO

Triple H Vs Taker. Career Vs Streak. Thoughts? (I'm not confirming anything just seeing how you guys would feel about this match)

Triple H Vs Taker. Career Vs Streak. Thoughts? (I'm not confirming anything just seeing how you guys would feel about this match)

Thanks GotHoles and Club for the info on Hassan.

GotHoles I started watching around the beginning of the Attitude Era...stopped shortly before the Invasion era began. Started watching again late '07 through 4w's threads...
Originally Posted by iHust1e

Ive been lurking the wrestling thread alot recently.
You're not alone. I've noticed there's a lot of lurkers in these threads...growing # of regulars have it 10+ pages every week now.
pimp.gif

Thanks GotHoles and Club for the info on Hassan.

GotHoles I started watching around the beginning of the Attitude Era...stopped shortly before the Invasion era began. Started watching again late '07 through 4w's threads...
Originally Posted by iHust1e

Ive been lurking the wrestling thread alot recently.
You're not alone. I've noticed there's a lot of lurkers in these threads...growing # of regulars have it 10+ pages every week now.
pimp.gif

- Word going around is that WWE officials have discussed The Undertaker vs. Triple H for WrestleMania 27 in a Career vs. Streak match with Shawn Michaels as the guest referee.

In what may be the very first clue of post-Vince McMahon World Wrestling Entertainment, HHH is pushing hard behind the scenes for what a source described as “a major overhaul

- Word going around is that WWE officials have discussed The Undertaker vs. Triple H for WrestleMania 27 in a Career vs. Streak match with Shawn Michaels as the guest referee.

In what may be the very first clue of post-Vince McMahon World Wrestling Entertainment, HHH is pushing hard behind the scenes for what a source described as “a major overhaul

Back
Top Bottom