Wrestling Thread Feb 7-13 | 2/13 TNA Against All Odds - Angle vs Jarrett | Anderson vs Jeff Hardy

The idea is to "brush up the new talent with the older talent" to help get them over and "get the bloom off the rose".

They have had a recent meeting with Verizon, already have a relationship with Comcast, and have upcoming meetings with DirecTV and Time Warner in regards to setting up the WWE Network.

They have had a recent meeting with Verizon, already have a relationship with Comcast, and have upcoming meetings with DirecTV and Time Warner in regards to setting up the WWE Network.

Vince is "very proud" of the new talent getting over.  He uses the live event reactions as a gauge.

Vince was asked who would be the next John Cena.  The Miz was the first name mentioned.  He said he has been with the company for a while, but it took him a long time to "fight his way to the top".  Randy Orton was the second name mentioned and called a NEW CHARACTER.  Alberto Del Rio was the only other name mentioned.

WrestleMania ticket sales are tracking ahead of last year with much higher revenue.

Vince is "very proud" of the new talent getting over.  He uses the live event reactions as a gauge.

Vince was asked who would be the next John Cena.  The Miz was the first name mentioned.  He said he has been with the company for a while, but it took him a long time to "fight his way to the top".  Randy Orton was the second name mentioned and called a NEW CHARACTER.  Alberto Del Rio was the only other name mentioned.

WrestleMania ticket sales are tracking ahead of last year with much higher revenue.

4wrestling's Chris Jericho on Wrestling Observer Radio Recap
(I didn't steal this from other sites like most of you midcarders...)

·        The book is called 1372 steps because it wasJericho’s 1372[sup]nd[/sup] match on the night he won the undisputed worldtitle when he beat Rock and Austin in the same night.

·        There is a deal that is 90% done with WWE thathas been on the table since September.

·        Doesn’t need to be champion, but needs to be relevantwith an interesting program with an important spot on the card.  If not, he loses interest.

·        Jericho modeled his heel character after the killerfrom No Country for Old Men

·        He wanted his heel character to have noredeeming qualities.

·        He completely reinvented himself with the suit,slow promos, changing from pants to tights.

·        His heel character has become the standard nowfor guys in the WWE like The Miz.

·        He refused to allow any Jericho merchandise(t-shirts, etc) because he didn’t want fans to love him as a heel.

·        He purposely avoided any catchphrases.

·        He did everything he could to prevent fans fromcheering him as a heel.

·        If he comes back again, he’ll have to reinventhimself again.

·        They talk a lot about both sides of ChrisBenoit.

·        Called Michaels the best ever.

·        One of the very few people from WWE that Jerichoremains in touch with is Vince.  Heconsiders him a good friend.

·        He learned a lot from Vince both in and out ofthe ring.

·        The lack of experience in the locker room isstaggering.  He has more experience inthe locker room than anyone except The Undertaker and Goldust.

·        When you learn how to get over, regardless ofcrowd size of 100 people or 10,000 people, you can always use this.  This is why young WWE talent today has somany problems getting over.  They don’tlearn how to get over at FCW.

·        He loves Twitter, but while they didn’tspecifically mention Fatt Hardy’s name, he said the way he uses Twitter isstupid.

·        Michaels did cuss Jericho out one time incatering (as tweeted by Shane Helms), but Jericho deserved it, and doesn’t knowwhy Helms felt it was his business to get involved.

·        The original name he came up with was JackAction, but Lance Storm said it was stupid.

·        He wanted to call the Code Breaker the BoomStick, but Lance Store also said it was stupid.

·        Loves that TNA exists, but the problem is theyhave “all the parts but no mechanic to put them together.

4wrestling's Chris Jericho on Wrestling Observer Radio Recap
(I didn't steal this from other sites like most of you midcarders...)

·        The book is called 1372 steps because it wasJericho’s 1372[sup]nd[/sup] match on the night he won the undisputed worldtitle when he beat Rock and Austin in the same night.

·        There is a deal that is 90% done with WWE thathas been on the table since September.

·        Doesn’t need to be champion, but needs to be relevantwith an interesting program with an important spot on the card.  If not, he loses interest.

·        Jericho modeled his heel character after the killerfrom No Country for Old Men

·        He wanted his heel character to have noredeeming qualities.

·        He completely reinvented himself with the suit,slow promos, changing from pants to tights.

·        His heel character has become the standard nowfor guys in the WWE like The Miz.

·        He refused to allow any Jericho merchandise(t-shirts, etc) because he didn’t want fans to love him as a heel.

·        He purposely avoided any catchphrases.

·        He did everything he could to prevent fans fromcheering him as a heel.

·        If he comes back again, he’ll have to reinventhimself again.

·        They talk a lot about both sides of ChrisBenoit.

·        Called Michaels the best ever.

·        One of the very few people from WWE that Jerichoremains in touch with is Vince.  Heconsiders him a good friend.

·        He learned a lot from Vince both in and out ofthe ring.

·        The lack of experience in the locker room isstaggering.  He has more experience inthe locker room than anyone except The Undertaker and Goldust.

·        When you learn how to get over, regardless ofcrowd size of 100 people or 10,000 people, you can always use this.  This is why young WWE talent today has somany problems getting over.  They don’tlearn how to get over at FCW.

·        He loves Twitter, but while they didn’tspecifically mention Fatt Hardy’s name, he said the way he uses Twitter isstupid.

·        Michaels did cuss Jericho out one time incatering (as tweeted by Shane Helms), but Jericho deserved it, and doesn’t knowwhy Helms felt it was his business to get involved.

·        The original name he came up with was JackAction, but Lance Storm said it was stupid.

·        He wanted to call the Code Breaker the BoomStick, but Lance Store also said it was stupid.

·        Loves that TNA exists, but the problem is theyhave “all the parts but no mechanic to put them together.

man 9 million mexicans watch smackdown
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by StillIn729

problem is they aren't pushing new talent, someone gets a slight push and the Orton's, Cena's and Edge's bury them so no one finds them credible

and I swear every main event is the same few wrestlers for the last 5 years
I disagree. There are several stars right now that are getting pushes.

problem is they aren't pushing new talent, someone gets a slight push and the Orton's, Cena's and Edge's bury them so no one finds them credible

Originally Posted by Mister916

Several young guys are getting pushes, but they never get that "break through" push to really make them a star.  And I don't consider winning the title a "break through" push.  I would argue that The Miz has regressed since winning the title.  And of course you have Sheamus and Jack Swagger.

WWE will push young guys to a point, but they never go all the way with them.  Unless you're like Vince, and consider Randy Orton a new character....

Several young guys are getting pushes, but they never get that "break through" push to really make them a star.  And I don't consider winning the title a "break through" push.  I would argue that The Miz has regressed since winning the title.  And of course you have Sheamus and Jack Swagger.

WWE will push young guys to a point, but they never go all the way with them.  Unless you're like Vince, and consider Randy Orton a new character....

Originally Posted by Dr LukeMartin

Only PPV worth buying is the royal rumble and WM.

Those two along with Summerfest are the only PPVs I order yearly.

I like that WM XVIII logo.

Dfly and anyone else interested we can setup another Rumble match tonight.

@jdcurt I sent you a couple of Rumble invitation messages I guess you didn't get them in time.

Me and Aqua got in a Rumble match last night; he was Punk and I was Rock. This dude eliminated me with the quickness
frown.gif
, then dipped when Punk got eliminated.
laugh.gif

I ended up winning the match with TennHouse's boy R-Truth.
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Anyone gunning for the Rumble trophies (silver for participating in the Rumble and gold for winning the Rumble) hit me up and we can setup a private rumble session. A private one is easier to win since it's only two people and I can help you avoid elimination and also "do the job" so that you win since I already have the 2 trophies.

Originally Posted by Dr LukeMartin

Only PPV worth buying is the royal rumble and WM.

Those two along with Summerfest are the only PPVs I order yearly.

I like that WM XVIII logo.

Dfly and anyone else interested we can setup another Rumble match tonight.

@jdcurt I sent you a couple of Rumble invitation messages I guess you didn't get them in time.

Me and Aqua got in a Rumble match last night; he was Punk and I was Rock. This dude eliminated me with the quickness
frown.gif
, then dipped when Punk got eliminated.
laugh.gif

I ended up winning the match with TennHouse's boy R-Truth.
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Anyone gunning for the Rumble trophies (silver for participating in the Rumble and gold for winning the Rumble) hit me up and we can setup a private rumble session. A private one is easier to win since it's only two people and I can help you avoid elimination and also "do the job" so that you win since I already have the 2 trophies.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

exactly what I meant, they push them to a point then they go backwards because they will get crushed by a Cena, etc
look at Dolph Ziggler, you push him into a title match at the RR and he gets beat and then you enter him in the Rumble where you could at least gain him creditability with a strong showing but he's out within minutes

why even bother?

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

exactly what I meant, they push them to a point then they go backwards because they will get crushed by a Cena, etc
look at Dolph Ziggler, you push him into a title match at the RR and he gets beat and then you enter him in the Rumble where you could at least gain him creditability with a strong showing but he's out within minutes

why even bother?

Originally Posted by NobleKane

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter
According to the Wrestling Observer, several ideas for Undertaker's role at Wrestlemania have been scrapped. He won't be wrestling Wade Barrett, Sting has not signed a deal and Brock Lesnar was not given permission by the UFC to take part.

The only possibility left is some kind of match with Triple H, who is set to return in the coming weeks. As reported last month this idea has been on the cards, but seems to have been forgotten under the furor surrounding Sting.

Word is that WWE also want to involve Shawn Michaels in some capacity, probably as a special guest referee.

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

According to the Wrestling Observer, several ideas for Undertaker's role at Wrestlemania have been scrapped. He won't be wrestling Wade Barrett, Sting has not signed a deal and Brock Lesnar was not given permission by the UFC to take part.

The only possibility left is some kind of match with Triple H, who is set to return in the coming weeks. As reported last month this idea has been on the cards, but seems to have been forgotten under the furor surrounding Sting.

Word is that WWE also want to involve Shawn Michaels in some capacity, probably as a special guest referee.

Originally Posted by 3dgarfly23

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

^^ that would be insane,even though Taker would still win,id watch

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

^^ that would be insane,even though Taker would still win,id watch

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

Maybe that's why they've given up on Sheamus.  If he's not wrestling HHH, then who cares.  Taker vs HHH would certainly be a big match for Mania.

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

Maybe that's why they've given up on Sheamus.  If he's not wrestling HHH, then who cares.  Taker vs HHH would certainly be a big match for Mania.

Back
Top Bottom