Wrestling Thread Jan 18-24 | 1/22 Smackdown - Batista vs Finlay | Jericho/McIntyre vs Morrison

The end of DX I only have to wait 2 weeks.

I dont think we saw that they were buillding the rumble in december with Michaels asking for a rematch against Taker

Im afraid they are going to have Orton lose, but that would be the dumbest move in WWE history.

Originally Posted by codyj1326

Lol is no one else not loving John Heder? Dude is getting into it and actually enjoying this whole thing. Dude was cracking me up.

There have been faaar worse hosts and I actually thought it was funny, 'The Flame' in the Ric Flair robe.
laugh.gif
Either Hornswoggle sells better than Cena or Heder actually got him with thatkick.

I'm not a fan of HHH/HBK being the final two in the Rumble, but if so HBK better win

Originally Posted by Fast Turtle

Originally Posted by codyj1326

Lol is no one else not loving John Heder? Dude is getting into it and actually enjoying this whole thing. Dude was cracking me up.

There have been faaar worse hosts and I actually thought it was funny, 'The Flame' in the Ric Flair robe.
laugh.gif
Either Hornswoggle sells better than Cena or Heder actually got him with that kick.

I'm not a fan of HHH/HBK being the final two in the Rumble, but if so HBK better win
roll.gif
roll.gif

I think he legitimately kicked lil dude halfway across the ring

im thinking about going to the rumble this year, the tickets are only like 60... do you think it will be a good event and worth the money?

Originally Posted by nightruans

im thinking about going to the rumble this year, the tickets are only like 60... do you think it will be a good event and worth the money?

Even with the crappy product WWE puts out today, I'd definitely go to the Royal Rumble if I had the chance.

Originally Posted by nightruans

Do it.

Where are all the TNA fanboys calling me out as a WWE Stan? I know my wrestling and it was clearly obvious that TNA was turning into WCW with all these oldwrestlers and besides AJ, Joe and Kurt nobody from that roster stands out. When you have Hogan + Bischoff + Russo it equals of bunch of #%%# and is calling fordisaster. Even though the WWE is putting ot marginal stuff right now it's head and shoulders above what TNA is puttin out. Kennedy as the wrestler tochange things for TNA? Unless they can push their younger stars like the E did with Orton, Punk , Sheamus, Miz and Kingston they'll end up where WCW is.

And are they really making Orton a hybrid face and heel?

Originally Posted by iLL I AM

Originally Posted by hellaones

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

If it wasn't for my love of wrestling growing up, I would've stopped watching years ago
tired.gif
same here... with the current E product and the downgrades TNA have made since Hogan I can see myself becoming more detached.
I've slowly been drifting away myself.
smh.gif

Honestly, it if wasn't for y'all and the weekly threads on here...I might have stopped watching already.
word!

i had high hopes too for TNA. honestly with russo alone it wasnt all that bad. $**% was getting better. but with *****off and hogan and all these old geezers iofficially give up on TNA. its a shame
tired.gif

not only that i think i just straight up give up on wrestling. the only WWE television i watch is Raw. i havent watched SmackDown in years. prolly since theinvasion storyline. I have not once at all watched a single episode of this so-called "ECW". and what the hell is "Superstars"?

QUESTION: when i DVR shows, does it count towards the ratings? because on mycomcast box the dvr is set to record Raw everyweek, but half the times i dont even watch it and it eventually gets deleted. same with iMPACT, but if it countstowards the ratings then @!@! that ima have to cancel em. because i definitely am not tryna support the ratings of WCW

Smackdown > Raw.

Although when Edge comes back to Raw and they get rid of this embarrasing celebrity guest hosts thing, my opinion will change

Jeez....

What happened to Bret???

Also, I would of liked them to take the tag champ thing a bit more seriously and drop them legitimately to an up and coming tag team or somerthing. Then breakup DX..

I really like the idea of Orton Vs. Sheamus, it was good how they had it where Sheamus got the "last laugh" in tonight's show.

Also, can someone shed light on how the ending that Kofi messed up was supposed to go? Was Randy mad when he started pounding his fists on the mat already? orwas it after that?

Just read the impact spoilers, and it looks like TNA has run of ideas and decided to recreate one of the major WWF/E storylines.

Originally Posted by Basketballsavant

Just read the impact spoilers, and it looks like TNA has run of ideas and decided to recreate one of the major WWF/E storylines.

yeah I just read them too...All I can say is dude....
smh.gif

Originally Posted by AlanDutch

laugh.gif
nobody peeped Cody on that entrance? that boy had tooo much swag

laugh.gif
Honestly my favorite part of the show. I can't remember the lasttime someone came out swaggin that tough.

Originally Posted by BayBuryYa

Originally Posted by AlanDutch

laugh.gif
nobody peeped Cody on that entrance? that boy had tooo much swag

laugh.gif
Honestly my favorite part of the show. I can't remember the last time someone came out swaggin that tough.
laugh.gif
I saw that too. For a dude that is so gimmick-less, hisintro was pretty good. Hit 'em with the old backward-walk-then-turn-your-head-and stare-while-your-partner's-posing-with-his-arms-up-like-a-simp.

Anyone know what a WWE Supershow consists of? I can not find it anywhere online. Someone mentioned it in this thread about ti coming to San Jose, I am thinkingof going. Its on a Monday, so I am assuming no RAW?

Originally Posted by TheWindScar31

Anyone know what a WWE Supershow consists of? I can not find it anywhere online. Someone mentioned it in this thread about ti coming to San Jose, I am thinking of going. Its on a Monday, so I am assuming no RAW?
The show in San Jose on Mar 22 is the last Raw before WM. All three brands will be on the show, making it a "supershow".

Spoiler [+]
* A.J. Styles defeated Kurt Angle with an ankle lock. This match was described as an 'Orlando Screw Job'. Earl Hebner was the referee for this match and he had them ring the bell. Styles, Flair, and Hebner left the ringside area. After the match, Hulk Hogan came out and Angle spat in his face. Angle went to the announce table and took Mike Tenay's chair and throw it into the stage.

TNA is garbage.
indifferent.gif

28 Participants confirmed for 30 Man Royal Rumble Match.

Following last night's edition of WWE Raw, the official WWE website posted 28 confirmed participants for the 30-man Royal Rumble match. The list is as follows:

Raw:

Big Show
Cody Rhodes
Carlito
Evan Bourne
Jack Swagger
John Cena
Kofi Kingston
Mark Henry
MVP
Santino Marella
Shawn Michaels
Ted Dibiase
The Miz
Triple H

Smackdown:

Batista
Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Dolph Zigler
Drew McNtyre
Finlay
John Morrison
Kane
Matt Hardy
R-Truth

ECW:

Shelton Benjamin
Vladimir Kozlov
Yoshi Tatsu
Zack Ryder

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]We can assume at least one of those two missing will be a surprise. Booker was slated to re-debut atthe Rumble match but talks between him and the 'E fell through again. We'll just have to wait and see...[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I think it's a given HBK will be one of the last two remaining in the match. They've alreadyplanted the seeds with the Taker WM match so you know what's at stake for him. I hope they don't go the predictable route.[/color]
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom