Wrestling Thread Jan 19-25 | 1/25 - THE ROYAL RUMBLE - Hardy vs Edge; Cena vs JBL (p18)

^ LOL I will admit though, See No Evil was descent. Far better than Jobbing behind enemy lines will be.

Anyone notice how Miz and Morrison fight on any brand? Who remembers when it was a big deal to see wrestlers from other brands on other shows? By the way whichbrand are they considered to be on ,because it seems they preform on any show or PPV they like.

Originally Posted by princelaparka

Anyone notice how Miz and Morrison fight on any brand? Who remembers when it was a big deal to see wrestlers from other brands on other shows? By the way which brand are they considered to be on ,because it seems they preform on any show or PPV they like.

I believe there on ECW. And all the shows are on all PPV's now.

Originally Posted by nikestreetdotcom

Orton really shouldn't have shown any remorse after punting Vince. That would have really cemented his heel status.
Yeah, creative dropped the ball there...I THINK I know why they did it (possible heel turn from Stephanie who would say that she set the wholething up blah blah, so Orton has to act surprised)....Randy should have had a smirk or just that emotionless expression he does...DiBiase and Rhodes going outthere to console him was corny, that was Orton's moment...
eyes.gif

New avy coming soon...
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

I'm calling a bluff on the reports, I think they're trying to catch us off guard. At leas I hope they are.
That's possible.
Originally Posted by MoMoney848

I don't think Taker would let her do it. PLEASE be Layla.
devil.gif

Do they let heel divas do it though? I think it's only faces...
Originally Posted by mjmoney23

^ LOL I will admit though, See No Evil was descent. Far better than Jobbing behind enemy lines will be.
laugh.gif

Where's my dude Kingofilladelph with his thoughts for the week?
nerd.gif

I keep getting a sick feeling there is gonna be another "surprise" return at the rumble, and out at number 30 to win it all.......Douchetista.

Originally Posted by thacamel

I keep getting a sick feeling there is gonna be another "surprise" return at the rumble, and out at number 30 to win it all.......Douchetista.

They wouldn't do that again. They just did that with John Cena. Then again, they ARE recycling Mickie James' intro to the WWE angle with Beth Phoenixand Rosa or whatever her name is. Psycho superfan and all. I guess there is a chance that Batista would come back then.
smh.gif
at WWE for recycling storylines.

Idk is if this has been posted but I feel that the WWE is already promoting Christians return. I mean I am assuming they are doing so through the use of the"car" which sped through and had Jeff bumped of the road. I believe that was Christian. I also believe that the problem with his entrance was alsothe part of Christian tampering with it and so forth. So who knows what his weeks smackdown has in store. I believe we have to pay attention to the smallthings as opposed to looking for a bog promo that says christian returns. This is only my assumption.

Originally Posted by AquaGrape2345

Idk is if this has been posted but I feel that the WWE is already promoting Christians return. I mean I am assuming they are doing so through the use of the "car" which sped through and had Jeff bumped of the road. I believe that was Christian. I also believe that the problem with his entrance was also the part of Christian tampering with it and so forth. So who knows what his weeks smackdown has in store. I believe we have to pay attention to the smal lthings as opposed to looking for a bog promo that says christian returns. This is only my assumption.

That actually makes a lot of sense.

^^
eyes.gif

Anyways.. The Miz and Morrison are shown on every brand because they are so over with the crowd right now, and are some of the higher paid mid card talent, sothey market them on every show.

Originally Posted by AquaGrape2345

Idk is if this has been posted but I feel that the WWE is already promoting Christians return. I mean I am assuming they are doing so through the use of the "car" which sped through and had Jeff bumped of the road. I believe that was Christian. I also believe that the problem with his entrance was also the part of Christian tampering with it and so forth. So who knows what his weeks smackdown has in store. I believe we have to pay attention to the smal lthings as opposed to looking for a bog promo that says christian returns. This is only my assumption.
laugh.gif

My man stating the obvious.

Stephanie McMahon expected to be revealed as brain behind Vince's attack (+1 for NT); Chris Jericho to align withRandy Orton and Stephanie?

- The plan right now is for Stephanie McMahon to be revealed as the person that put Randy Orton up to attacking Vince McMahon on Raw this past Monday. Under the current direction, Chris Jericho will come around, "underestimating what Stephanie was capable of", and align with them too. Vince isn't expected back on WWE television until the build to WrestleMania. This angle stems from the angle that I reported on back in November where Vince would return as a babyface and with Stephanie assuming the role of the heel.

WWE hasn't ruled out Batista vs. Cena yet.
eyes.gif

- WWE has not completely ruled out John Cena vs. Batista for WrestleMania 25 but as I reported earlier, it is highly unlikely. Another proposed matchup has been Chris Jericho vs. John Cena.

If this dude Batista comes back at the Rumble...
smh.gif

WWE likely to unify World Tag Team and WWE Tag Team Championships.

- One source told me this morning that it is very likely that WWE is going to be unifying the WWE Tag Team Championship and the World Tag Team Championship in the coming months. Under the new direction, there would only be one set of tag titles and they would be based out of the ECW brand.

Divas switching brands?

- There is talk that Kelly Kelly could be sent to SmackDown and Natalya could go to Raw.

Booker T and Jeff Jarrett not seeing eye to eye.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Jeff Jarrett and Booker T got into an argument at the iMPACT tapings last week. Jarrett at one point had a reputation for micromanaging certain aspects of the product, particularly overseeing matches. He apparently stepped on the toes of the agents by getting directly involved in laying out some matches. He stopped for a while, but observers say he's overseeing the matches very closely again.

Jarrett got directly involved in an angle that Booker T was working on and it rubbed Booker the wrong way as he felt he should have been given more freedom as a locker room veteran.

Words were exchanged between the two, but they calmed down quickly. Multiple sources state that Booker speaks positively of TNA and Jarrett, but he's not a fan of Jarrett's work as head of creative. Meanwhile, Booker has a reputation of throwing superstar fits from time to time.
[/font]

MVP interview; talks about how backstage attitude might have cost him, his future and more.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The UK's Sun has an interview with MVP today, which took place during his media blitz of the country last week. In the interview, MVP admits being overly confrontational backstage may have cost him his spot in WWE, but noted he has learned from his mistakes and will come back stronger.

"I tend to be extremely passionate and very vocal. I've had experiences in my life that cause me to be a little more confrontational than the average person," MVP said regarding issues backstage. "Sometimes if I'm confronted with an issue, rather than say 'this isn't worth it', I'll get a little hot headed and speak up and say something that I probably shouldn't say. Although I'm not saying that's why I'm going through what I'm going through - because in the end it's a storyline."

On being "the next big thing" this time last year, MVP said, "Maybe that was the problem. Maybe I got ahead of myself. Whatever the case I learned a lot in 2008 and much of what I learned I'll apply to 2009. Hopefully this year will be my ascension to the throne."

MVP spoke out on his immediate future in WWE. "There's an old saying that you don't have to go over to get over - and I think I'm doing well. And as of the next airing of Smackdown, there's a pleasant surprise for everyone regarding MVP," he told The Sun. "I'm turning the corner."

MVP also spoke out on Chris Benoit, who he feuded with in 2007. "In spite of the tragic tragic ending and the unspeakable things that happened with Chris Benoit, he had a huge influence on me both personally and professionally," MVP said. "I can attribute a lot of my success to the interest he took in me."
[/font]
Here's the link to the interview: http://www.thesun.co.uk/s...stling/article2152202.ece

Originally Posted by thacamel

hes not coming back till june the earliest

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Stephanie McMahon expected to be revealed as brain behind Vince's attack (+1 for NT); Chris Jericho to align with Randy Orton and Stephanie?

- The plan right now is for Stephanie McMahon to be revealed as the person that put Randy Orton up to attacking Vince McMahon on Raw this past Monday. Under the current direction, Chris Jericho will come around, "underestimating what Stephanie was capable of", and align with them too. Vince isn't expected back on WWE television until the build to WrestleMania. This angle stems from the angle that I reported on back in November where Vince would return as a babyface and with Stephanie assuming the role of the heel.

So Orton's gonna be in two stables? Legacy and now this
ohwell.gif
?

you know i was looking for what it was that bothered me most about TNA and then i read this...from IGN

Because it's TNA and they go out of their way to have things not make sense.

Originally Posted by NIMO007

Stephanie McMahon expected to be revealed as brain behind Vince's attack (+1 for NT); Chris Jericho to align with Randy Orton and Stephanie?

ohwell.gif
?

Well it sounds like Steph as the top dog with Orton and Jericho as her minions. Not actually a stable but a partnership. Too bad they don'thave a Kane(OG KANE) like figure, that would have been cool. This can be like a new cooperation if they build it right. They should add JBL and HBK. You knowwhat I would LOVE to see a new cooperation. But make sure Legacy gets their own spotlight like the Outsiders had with the NWO.

Unifying the tag belts is the best thing the WWE has done in a long time. If Jericho is aligning with Steph, I really wanna see the promo he drops. It shouldbe one of his best of the year.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

ohwell.gif
?
Well it sounds like Steph as the top dog with Orton and Jericho as her minions. Not actually a stable but a partnership. Too bad they don't have a Kane(OG KANE) like figure, that would have been cool. This can be like a new cooperation if they build it right. They should add JBL and HBK. You know what I would LOVE to see a new cooperation. But make sure Legacy gets their own spotlight like the Outsiders had with the NWO.

That would be nice, Jack Swagger would fit in the crew as well... They need some type of monster in the stable. Maybe Big Show.
And does Bossman have a son? He would be perfect for this new corporation type stable
laugh.gif

Ugh. Stephanie part of a major angle as a heel? Yuck. I can't stand her heel voice.

I wish it was Shane.

Spoiler [+]
During this past Monday night's RAW, the show ended when Randy Orton attacked Mr. McMahon just as the CEO of the WWE was about to fired the "viper." While I understand the drama that the WWE is trying to present in this situation, I believe that "firing" angles are just plain dumb. Everybody knows that Randy Orton, and even Chris Jericho before him, would not be fired and head to TNA. If anything, they would just wind up on SmackDown!

Instead of firing a wrestler, the authority figure should demote the wrestler. Perhaps, they would make the wrestler work exclusively for the ECW brand, or make the wrestler perform in nothing but preliminary ("curtain jerker") matches for six months. That would be a little more believable then the usual "you're fired" even though you are still under contract and aren't going anywhere routine.

I feel a swerve coming on with this angle. Since the Royal Rumble is less then a week away, in other words, it's before the next RAW, the Orton/McMahon situation has been left unsettled. Randy Orton will probably win the Royal Rumble battle royal. On the following night's RAW, Vince McMahon will announce, "due to last week's attack, Randy Orton is fired from RAW." Orton will come out from back stage to confront Vinnie Mac. Orton will let him know that he is the Royal Rumble winner, and as the winner, Orton gets to pick which title he fights for at WrestleMania. Randy Orton lets Vince know that he wants to fight for John Cena's World Heavyweight Championship. Therefore, Vince can't get rid of Orton that easily.

Over the course of the next few weeks, Vince McMahon gets behind John Cena to rid RAW of Randy Orton. Despite Vince's hatred for Orton, Cena will be cautious regarding McMahon's backing of "the champ."

Finally, WrestleMania 25 will arrive, and during a key part in the match, Vince will interfere on Cena's behalf, without John's knowledge. However, the match will continue for a few minutes longer. During the climax of the match, Vince McMahon will show his true colors, as he turns on John Cena to prove that he was working with Randy Orton from the beginning.

Sure, it's a total knock off from the last time WrestleMania was held in Houston. At WrestleMania X-Seven, as well as 2000 in Anaheim, CA, Vince McMahon helped Steve Austin, and a year earlier Triple H, win the main event. The next night on RAW, Vince will admit that his feud against Randy Orton was all a big ruse. This will jump start a McMahon/Cena feud, ala Vince vs. Stone Cold from the late nineties.

Even though, I can't see a Mr. McMahon vs. John Cena feud leading the casual fans back to the wrestling industry, like Vince vs. Austin did (actually, it was the Monday Night Wars that jump started it, but the Vince/Austin feud took it to another level.). A Cena/McMahon feud makes sense.

The Mr. McMahon character is at his best as a heel. The whole point of the Mr. McMahon character is to be able to "boo the boss." Mr. McMahon is supposed to represent an authority figure that everybody hates. What initially made the Vince/Austin dynamic so great was that Austin was a rebel who was telling the boss to go to Hell.
This made for one of the most memorable storylines in wrestling history.

What would the WWE be like today if the Mr.McMahon character started out as a face? It's probably safe to assume that the WWE would have never won the Monday Night Wars. They may have outlasted WCW once AOL/Time Warner decided that they no longer wanted professional wrestling on their television outlets. However, the WWE would not have become the sports entertainment monster today. Just to see how pathetic it would have been if Austin loved Vince as a boss, just look at the pre-InVasion storyline following WrestleMania X-Seven.

The only time Vince McMahon should be a face is when he is out in public as the CEO of the WWE appearing on the occasional RAW/SmackDown! show. However, when he becomes the character of Mr. McMahon, appearing on TV on a weekly basis, he needs to be a heel.

The whole point of having an authority figure on a wrestling show each week is so he can screw with the babyfaces. Making life hell for the faces turns them into the underdog, who needs to overcome insurmountable odds in order to win. If the authority figure is a face, pushing around the heel may work for a couple of weeks. Anything more turns the angle from the heel finally getting what he deserves, and switches it to the heel gaining sympathy since he is now in the underdog position.

The WWE knows this fact all too well. If not Vince, then Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley will be turning heel soon enough. After all, WrestleMania is coming, and you need (or seem to usually get) a McMahon conflict around this time of the year. In my opinion, the only way the WWE will not pair a McMahon with Randy Orton is if they do a double turn, by turning Orton face and the McMahons into heels. While that can happen, if Orton goes face, who will be the heel challenging John Cena at WrestleMania? The WWE would never allow their merchandising cash cow to turn heel.

Besides, Randy Orton has finally regained the awesomeness that he had as the "legend killer" in 2004, before the WWE stupidly turned him face before he was ready. Orton is super over right now, and the last thing he needs is for the WWE creative to decide they should turn him face. The WWE needs to keep him heel. They also need to play out the McMahon/Orton angle like they did in 1998 with The Rock. Heading into the 1998 Survivor Series, The Rock was a face. He proclaimed himself as the "people's champion." Vince was against the people, so he was against The Rock. However, it was all a ruse. During the Survivor Series WWF World title tournament finals, Vince McMahon turned against Mankind, and The Rock turned heel to join the McMahons and capture the WWF title.

This time around, it's the McMahons who appear to be the faces. They need to convince John Cena and, more importantly, the fans that the McMahons are now babyfaces. Then, at just the right moment (WrestleMania XXV), they show their true colors by teaming up with Randy Orton to cost John Cena the World title. A heel McMahon is a lot more entertaining then a face McMahon family. And isn't that what the WWE is supposed to be all about, entertaining the fans? If you agree with me, to quote the soon to be WWE Hall of Famer Steve Austin, "give me a Heel Yeah!"

Originally Posted by RKO2004

ohwell.gif
?
Well it sounds like Steph as the top dog with Orton and Jericho as her minions. Not actually a stable but a partnership. Too bad they don't have a Kane(OG KANE) like figure, that would have been cool. This can be like a new cooperation if they build it right. They should add JBL and HBK. You know what I would LOVE to see a new cooperation. But make sure Legacy gets their own spotlight like the Outsiders had with the NWO.
That would be nice, Jack Swagger would fit in the crew as well... They need some type of monster in the stable. Maybe Big Show.
And does Bossman have a son? He would be perfect for this new corporation type stable
laugh.gif

Jack Swagger? I can dig that. The monster will be hard to find because they aren't many good big men out there. The Big Show should join up with Vicke,Edge, Christian and Chavo.

Back
Top Bottom