Wrestling Thread Jan 19-25 | 1/25 - THE ROYAL RUMBLE - Hardy vs Edge; Cena vs JBL (p18)

Spoiler [+]
During last night's SmackDown in the Washington area, a local commercial aired promoting the 2/15 No Way Out pay-per-view at the KeyArena in Seattle. Like last year, the commercial said both the WWE Championship and the World Heavyweight Championship will be defended in the Elimination Chamber.

Spoiler [+]
For a number of weeks there had been talk of adding DH Smith to Randy Orton's Legacy faction, but those plans have cooled off after the twist with Vince McMahon and Orton on last Monday's Raw.
Officials were looking to call up Smith and his tag team partner TJ Wilson to SmackDown, but their partnership quietly broke off in developmental after Smith suggested to the creative team that he be brought on board for the Legacy.

Orton himself hinted at Smith possibly joining the Legacy in an interview with ESPN.com this past week. Regarding Smith, Orton said: "One guy I've been looking at really closely is Harry Smith. He's Davey Boy Smith's son, and he's a big, young kid who has that hunger. He's a strong boy, and I think he's at that age now where he's learned from some of the mistakes he's made in the past. He originally debuted as DH Smith, but he's a completely different person right now. I have my eye on him, but we'll have to see what the future holds. I need one more guy, but he has to have wrestling in his blood and he has to have that potential to one day follow in my footsteps. I won't settle for anything less."

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by bjm5295

Edge (c) vs. Christian vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Matt Hardy in a TLC Fatal Four-Way for WWE Championship
I know thats really unlikely, but that would be SICK.
SICK!
eek.gif

My main issue is what are the other matches on the card.

This is my hopes for the WrestleMania card. 8 matches...

1st. Womens title 6 way: (C) Melina v.s. Beth Phoenix v.s. Mickie James v.s. Candace Michelle v.s. Jillian v.s. Kelly Kelly : Time 7:06-7:18
2nd.World Tag Team Title: (C) Cryme Tyme v.s. Priceless : Time 7:24-7:36
3rd. Money in the Bank Ladder Match: M.V.P v.s. Rey Mysterio v.s. Brian Kendrick v.s.Miz v.s. Morrison v.s. Kane v.s. Evan Bourne v.s. Koslov : Time 7:43-7:55
4th. JBL v.s. HBK :Time 8:03-8:16
5th. Chris Jericho v.s. Mickey Rourke... I was forced to put it there out of speculation surrounding the two.
eyes.gif
:Time 8:22-8:34
6th. Wrestlemania streak v.s. US Title: Undertaker v.s. (C) Shelton Benjamin :Time 8:44-8:57
Music performance
7th. WWE Title Fatal Four-Way: (C) Edge v.s. Christian v.s. Jeff Hardy vs. Matt Hardy :Time 9:18-9:42
8th. World Heavyweight Title 60 minute Ironman match: (C) John Cena v.s. Randy Orton :Remaing time.

I put the times in case someone reads this and wonder how can someone fit 7 matches plus a iron match in one show. I would probably have to cut another match out for side segments. If I had to I would delete the Tag title match.

No Hgh, No boretista, no CM Punk, No kofi Kingston, No jack swagger, No Big show, No santino, ?
grin.gif

Rob Van Dam has not re-signed with WWE, according to one source. His appearance at the Royal Rumble was merely a one-off appearance.Additionally, RVD was seen greeting fans outside the arena during the morning hours. He was telling fans he'd be a surprise entrant in tonight's Rumblematch.

nerd.gif

I dont know how some of you cant say the ending of the rumble was predictable

It was pretty obvs to me what would be the outcome

I KNEW it would be Legacy vs. HHH and he'd eliminate Rhodes and Ted Jr. and Orton would eliminate him

I thought the Edge vs. Jeff match was great until the end, so now Matt is trying to kill his brother

It would be nice to sign rvd and then ship him to ecw because that would truly shine mor elight on ecw and make it more enjoyable to watch.

Originally Posted by AquaGrape2345

It would be nice to sign rvd and then ship him to ecw because that would truly shine mor elight on ecw and make it more enjoyable to watch.
i disagree

ECW needs home grown talent, WWE cant keep shipping RAW and Smackdown upper mid carders to fill their championship vacancies

I love Dolph Ziggler by the way
laugh.gif

rvd is about as ecw as it gets. I wish they made ecw as it was before. In a dark place, poor lighting, barbed wire ropes, thin metal rail barricades and allthat glory..
btw i had no idea gold dust was still in the wwe. Is his purpose just hanging around the locker room? I want to see him in more matches and more like hisformer glory.

I didn't watch it because all the streams I used crapped out on me. I figured that Orton would win although I wanted the Gold Standard to.
smh.gif
MVP is stillin the doghouse. He doesn't deserve this.

Rob Van Dam's appearance last night was a one-time appearance, similar to his match at the Raw 15th Anniversary show. He has an open door to returnfull-time whenever he'd like to return, but his attention is on his wife's health right now.

WWE approached RVD about about making the cameo two days before the PPV, this past Friday. RVD's appearance led to the biggest "pop" of anyone onthe PPV.

Source: wrestlescoop.com

Ric Flair will not be inducting Stone Cold Steve Austin in to the Hall of Fame, even though it was what Austin wanted. Although, Ric Flair was still invited tothe ceremony. The decision was made final by Vince McMahon this week. It is now uncertain who will induct Austin, with the most likely person to be VinceMcMahon.

Source: ewrestlingnews.com

Originally Posted by cucumbercool

rvd is about as ecw as it gets. I wish they made ecw as it was before. In a dark place, poor lighting, barbed wire ropes, thin metal rail barricades and all that glory..
btw i had no idea gold dust was still in the wwe. Is his purpose just hanging around the locker room? I want to see him in more matches and more like his former glory.
I don't mean to be a prick, but did you ever watch the original ECW? Or just the WWE produced DVD's? I hate that people think ECW wasabout hardcore violence. Sure, that was a part of it, but ECW was more about great wrestling. The technical matches they would put on were phenomenal. Yes,you had guys like Sandman, New Jack, Balls, Axel Rotten, etc who were about blood and hardcore spots, but ECW was so much more than that. And barbed wireropes? That happened maybe twice in ECW (if at all). Most states would not sanction that. Sorry to rant, but I get fired up when people inaccurately portraywhat ECW really was.

And I'm back by the way. Screw that imposter 4wrestling.

Is it out of the real of possibility that Christian comes back at no way out and screws Edge out of the wwe title.

Then we could get that 4 way match
pimp.gif

Edge (c) vs. Christian vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Matt Hardy in a TLC Fatal Four-Way for WWE Championship

Won't happen. I doubt the WWE will have two variations of a ladder match at WM. And do you dudes seriously think Christian is gonna be in the main eventpicture this quick? I know he said he ain't coming back unless he will be a main eventer, but come that a damn 1 1/2 month push
laugh.gif
. Even though Matt hit Jeff in the chair I still think it will be Hardy Boyz vs.E&C for no kind of belts. Or Jeff could possibly win the title back at WM(which I think most likely what will happen). I have a feeling Matt didn't tryto kill his brother it was in fact still Christian. Matt just hit his brother out of jealousy because he lost both of his title matches and he think neitherHardy's diserve a title reign
nerd.gif

And I really wish I wouldn't have read that RVD spoiler so I could have MARKED THE HELL OUT when he came out.
tired.gif
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
to my favorite Wrestler Randy Orton winning the Rumble. I reallythink this year there where to many damn jobbers in the ring this year. It was no reason why JTG should have been in the ring damn near 20 minutes and MVP,Shelton, Kendrick, and Morrison was in there like 5 minutes. And what the hell was the point of wasting the #29 pick on Jim Duggan?
laugh.gif
That fool could have atleast eliminated someone. They could have used that pickon someone like Umaga or somebody. That why I really think Big Show was suppose to be #29 and there was going to be a surprise #30 entrant but something fellthrough at the last minute, so the threw Hacksaw in there
nerd.gif
. And Idon't know what to say about R-Truth I had my hopes up for homie but I don't see him making it till the end of the year.
tired.gif

And was I the only one hoping Triple GOD blew out his knee when he fell out the ring?
pimp.gif

And as for Taker at Wrestlemania. Taker is looking very weak in the ring so this year I think they are going to throw a easy match at him this year. Like a tagmatch this the Brothers of Destruction vs. Big Show and partner of his choose. And Taker will win just boost his win streak up. And next year he will in factlose to and up and coming dude like Shelton, Swagger, or even somebody like Vladmir Kozjsa;djjfasl;djfdjfl;jsd;lsdjfsl;kj
laugh.gif

And during WM sunday I will stay off NT till the PPV starts. Cuz I don't want to go over the damn post limit before the main event even starts for the 5thPPV in the row.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by cucumbercool

rvd is about as ecw as it gets. I wish they made ecw as it was before. In a dark place, poor lighting, barbed wire ropes, thin metal rail barricades and all that glory..
eyes.gif
You sure you was watching ECW?

RVD is is old school ECW he was MR. Monday Night for a reason. I really would have wished that the WWE would have waited for MVP to win a match that way hecould win at the Royal Rumble but then again he wouldnt have even made for good promotion. That Matt and Jeff thing wasn't to original, its the same Bretand Owen story line from years passed. I mean Matt was ECW champion which honestly doesnt compaer to being a RAW of Smackdown champion. Now, this wholeChristian thing is pretty annoying they need to figure out what they are going to do with him if anything. All there is to do is just wait and see what the WWEwill do next.

Originally Posted by Agthekid

And next year he will in fact lose to and up and coming dude like Shelton, Swagger, or even somebody like Vladmir Kozjsa;djjfasl;djfdjfl;jsd;lsdjfsl;kj
laugh.gif

Nah. I can see Swagger, MVP, Shelton (MAYBE) or even Ted DiBiase... but not Vladmir.

I don't ever see the undertaker losing at Wrestlemania. Thats what make shim the phenom being undefeated. They have to give him that especially since theyhavent used him in the title picture for a long time.

I just had an idea for a possible wrestlemania. Now Randy Orton is the Legend Killer so he is going to WM. I feel a possible opponent for him could be theUndertaker. Now the only reason I would see this happening is if the WWe wanted to end the undertakers win streak and continue Orton as being the legendkiller. This may or may not make any sense. But feel free to comment on it.

^^^
Taker already faced Orton at WM 21, I think Taker should face HBK.

I hope Matt Hardy didnt attack Jeff because he was behind everything, but because he's jealous of him. Then Christian is revealed as the real attacker.Then they would have that sick fatal four way you mentioned.
pimp.gif

The word backstage was that Rob Van Dam's appearance at last night's Royal Rumble was a one-time appearance. While the door is open for him to make afull-time return at any time, he is currently tending to his wife's health issues. WWE approached Van Dam about about making the cameo two days before thePPV. From reading several live reports, his appearance got the biggest pop of the night.

Back
Top Bottom