Wrestling Thread Jan 19-25 | 1/25 - THE ROYAL RUMBLE - Hardy vs Edge; Cena vs JBL (p18)

Originally Posted by funkdoctor73

I think 4wrestling is mad his mancrush got eliminated so quickly..

Angel

That was so %+!+*!# funny, I knew straight up that something like that was gonna hapeen because Santino is straight comic value in the WWE

I knew Vince would get Rourke involved in WM

didnt you see the RAM JAM signs? no way in hell they would be allowed in if it wasn't part of the plan

and I kinda agree with Jules3000 on a bad Rumble, def not the worst but it was so predictable...I KNEW it would be the Legacy v. HHH and he would eliminate theyoungsters and then Orton would eliminate him

the actual matches were pretty good but Matt turning on Jeff was so off, it was simply done for shock factor and horrible timing to just take the belt awayfrom Jeff

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

As much as it pains me to say it, Santino could challenge for the record of the shortest time in the Rumble, currently held by The Warlord.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

good ppv.. i enjoyed watching it.. i'm glad orton won the rumble.. wish him the best of luck..

Glad Orton won..but that was a lackluster way to end it.

Matt Hardy turning heel was long overdue. I HOPE WWE does it right and puts Jeff and Matt in a TLC match.

Why they constantly buildup Rey Mysterio is beyond me. Dude had his time and IMO its over.

RVD returning was a total mark out for me, wasnt expecting that at all. Guess he comes back to ECW and competes against Swagger for the title again

Cena winning was no surprise.

All in all, it was a above average PPV.

Heres what I think the Wrestlemania Card will be:

Shawn Michaels v. JBL (Shawn turns on JBL on the next PPV)

Jeff Hardy v. Matt Hardy in a TLC match

MITB: MVP v. Kendrick v. Shelton v. Ted DiBiase v. Cody Rhodes v. Christian (Iono if I'm 1 too short or 1 too over.)

Big Show v. Undertaker (Would LOVE to see a casket match or a Hell In the Cell)

HHH v. Edge

Randy Orton v. John Cena (I'm crossing my fingers that the E does the right thing and Orton gets the gold.)

After thinking about the disaster known as Matt Hardy turning on Jeff, it could work out as long as they keep Christian in the picture. Have Matt say after helost to Swagger the Hardy family didn't deserve any belts, but he wasn't the 1 who attacked Jeff. Then bring in Christian and Edge and get a TLC matchat Wrestlemania between the 4 of them for the WWE Title and let either Edge or Jeff win it. Of course they prob won't do that. Matt will take on Jeff Edgewill lose to Omega H Christian will lose to Mike Knoxx or something.

Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans

Matt Hardy turning heel was long overdue. I HOPE WWE does it right and puts Jeff and Matt in a TLC match.

Why they constantly buildup Rey Mysterio is beyond me. Dude had his time and IMO its over.

RVD returning was a total mark out for me, wasnt expecting that at all. Guess he comes back to ECW and competes against Swagger for the title again

MITB: MVP v. Kendrick v. Shelton v. Ted DiBiase v. Cody Rhodes v. Christian (Iono if I'm 1 too short or 1 too over.)

HHH v. Edge

Randy Orton v. John Cena (I'm crossing my fingers that the E does the right thing and Orton gets the gold.)

Did you see the first casket match???
alien.gif
If not you dont wanna see it,especially at Mania.

^ Honestly that plan is too complicated especially tryna build it up in a month or so's time.

And also, its kinda obvious that Matt will come out on Smackdown! and say that HE was the culprit for Jeff's luck cuz of jealousy on how Jeff was pushedmore and he was always in the shadows.

And IMO, I still think Christian doesnt debut until the next PPV or AFTER Wrestlemania. Its really kind of a bad time to bring him back and put him on theWrestlemania card already unless its a MITB match. Truthfully, I dont think he'll have as big of an impact as yall are thinking. Prolly be midcard-uppermidcard for now and then build him up later in the year ala Chris Jericho. It took Jericho awhile to get over with the crowd and re-establish himself at thetop

And I do know that first Casket match was bad but this is Wrestlemania, and we are talking about Undertaker as one of the participants. But Big Show, I stillhave doubts on, but Undertaker could carry the match and with a stipulation match, the focus wouldn't really be on the wrestling aspect, moreso on thebrawling

HHH v. Edge

Didn't HBK turn on JBL tonight?

Originally Posted by jdcurt2

HHH v. Edge

Did you see the first casket match???
alien.gif
If not you dont wanna see it, especially at Mania.

Agreed. Their first casket match was one of the worst (maybe the worst) in the Taker's career.

I was very pissed at Matt turning heel. But then I read this:

I liked Jeff as champ, but Matt vs Jeff is a new, fresh match for WrestleMania 25.

Reminds me A LOT of Owen vs Bret.

Whatever happens, Matt better NOT BE BEHIND THE ATTACKS ON JEFF. I'd understand it and appreciate it if Matt was just jealous of Jeff and got pissed. But theres no way to explain him trying to murder his own brother. If Jeff vs Matt is anything like Brett vs Owen I will be VERY happy, but if Matt tried to kill Jeff i'll be beyond pissed.

The rumble was good. I really hope RVD is back full time. Judging by his run in the match I can see him being back. I fell as if the writer's dropped the ball though. Morrison, MVP, or Kendrick shouldve lasted a long time to build credibility for themselves. Big Show and Kane didnt need to appear dominant but an dominant run by MVP would've been a good move. I dont think the WWE writers realize that they cant just push the veterans all the time and they need to build some new talent, otherwise ratings are going to tank once everyone retires. I am glad they gave Punk a good run though.

I've decided I'm officially switching my major to creative writing and am going to try and get a job as a WWE writer
laugh.gif

Oh and I don't understand why people are complaining about not having any surprise Rumble entrances. It doesn't really ever happen. Cena returning lastyear was by far the biggest surprise in Rumble history. An RVD return in the middle of the match is the usual when it comes to returning at Rumbles

So a couple of my friends who are big into wrestling rented this and I went over there, and I gotta say, that %$%# is entertaining. We each threw down somemoney and the 6 of us each got 5 guys randomly, like in order... made it really fun. I think I might have to pay attention to wrestling for the first timesince I was like 12 haha. RVD coming in was awesome, btw.

Whatever happens, Matt better NOT BE BEHIND THE ATTACKS ON JEFF. I'd understand it and appreciate it if Matt was just jealous of Jeff and got pissed. But theres no way to explain him trying to murder his own brother. If Jeff vs Matt is anything like Brett vs Owen I will be VERY happy, but if Matt tried to kill Jeff i'll be beyond pissed.

That makes 2 of us. They better not have him as the attacker.

Originally Posted by toine2983

I liked this PPV, the only downside was Matt turning on Jeff. This could be a good feud but the timing is off.
My thoughts exactly.

I'm not against the feud...but they could have saved this for some other day.
Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Didn't HBK turn on JBL tonight?
No.
Him putting JBL's hand over Cena makes that angle keep going...I guess he'll officially turn on JBL at No Way Out and go on to face him atWrestlemania.
Originally Posted by StillIn729

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH MR. KENNEDY?!?!?

IS HIS WWE CAREER PRETTY MUCH OVER?
Kennedy should be back in about 1-2 months.
Will he be at WrestleMania? Who knows...it might be like Matt Hardy last year, a surprise appearance at the MITB match to screw a heel over.
Originally Posted by YardFather

Oh and I don't understand why people are complaining about not having any surprise Rumble entrances. It doesn't really ever happen. Cena returning last year was by far the biggest surprise in Rumble history. An RVD return in the middle of the match is the usual when it comes to returning at Rumbles
Thank you.

I think people were a little spoiled by Cena's return last year...stuff like that NEVER happens. Besides, a surprise entry on Cena's level would havebeen Batista coming back at #30 and winning it...

...did we really wanna see that?
grin.gif

I'll have my full thoughts on the show in a little bit...

Mickey Rourke vs Chris Jericho at Wrestlemania?
eyes.gif
Are you @%#+%!! kiddingme? Thats the way you want to treat your Superstar of the Year? I mean, other potential matches that would be much better:

Jericho vs CM Punk
Jericho vs Undertaker (With Undertaker eliminating Jericho, could have had Jericho come out and say that he wanted revenge, and that would be ending Takers WMstreak)
Jericho vs HBK (been done, but still classic. Think of a WM Iron Man Match between these 2)

And many others. I'm actually glad that I talked my wife out of buying tickets to WM now.

RVD appearance was a one time only thing according to several wrestling sites. You guys are building it up....

Just like the match he had on raw a while ago...

Originally Posted by thacamel

eyes.gif
Are you @%#+%!! kidding me? Thats the way you want to treat your Superstar of the Year? I mean, other potential matches that would be much better:

Jericho vs CM Punk
Jericho vs Undertaker (With Undertaker eliminating Jericho, could have had Jericho come out and say that he wanted revenge, and that would be ending Takers WM streak)
Jericho vs HBK (been done, but still classic. Think of a WM Iron Man Match between these 2)

And many others. I'm actually glad that I talked my wife out of buying tickets to WM now.
While any of the matches you listed may be better "wrestling" matches, Jericho vs Rourke will help to make Jericho a household name withnon-wrestling fans. This is a huge match for him.

Originally Posted by thacamel

eyes.gif
Are you @%#+%!! kidding me? Thats the way you want to treat your Superstar of the Year? I mean, other potential matches that would be much better:

Jericho vs CM Punk
Jericho vs Undertaker (With Undertaker eliminating Jericho, could have had Jericho come out and say that he wanted revenge, and that would be ending Takers WM streak)

Never pass up a chance to go to Mania

Back
Top Bottom