Wrestling Thread Jan 19-Feb: 1/29 LIVE Smackdown 8pm et - Bryan v Kane Casket Match

[h1]http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/548145-steve-austin-says-roman-reigns-is-not-ready[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Steve Austin Says Roman Reigns is “Not Ready”, Accuses Reigns of “Taking a Nap” During the Rumble Match, Talks His Sense of Entitlement & More[/h1]
This week on the “Steve Austin Show”, host Steve Austin  welcomed PWTorch.com editor Wade Keller, and the two talked the controversy surrounding the end of the Royal Rumble PPV, which saw Roman Reigns  win the Royal Rumble match.

Austin had the following to say regarding why fans seemed to be so upset with the decision to have Reigns win the 30 man over the top rope match:
“If you’re trying to earn the fans respect, you’re really starting in the hole because people feel like he’s being forced down their throats. He’s not ready. They’re looking at the body of work. With the two other guys — three total in the Shield — he’s doing one-third of the work, come in and shine and get out. Now all the sudden you’ve got all these gaps to fill in the blanks, and he hasn’t been able to fill in those blanks.”
Austin went on to say he feels Roman Reigns “took a nap” during the Royal Rumble match by spending too much time in the corner. “I hate to keep going down that road, but that’s what happened. He goes into a corner and takes a nap,” Austin said.

Wade Keller then asserted sources close to Reigns in WWE have told him Reigns is overly confident about his position in WWE, and Austin reacted by saying the following:
“You can’t take [your spot in WWE] as a given. As soon as you think you’re entitled, you’re thinking it’s a given — no, bad things are gonna happen because it’s conveyed in your presentation. It’s like when Alabama took on Ohio State. Ohio State was number four, Alabama number one, and I think Alabama assumed they were supposed to win that game and they got the h*** beat out of them because Ohio State went and punched them in the mouth. You can’t ever assume that everything’s just gonna happen because then you get a h*** of a wakeup call.”

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/548069-wwe-not-caving-to-fans-daniel-bryan
[h1]Big Update: WWE Reportedly “Not Caving” to Fans This Year with Daniel Bryan, News on WM31 Opening Match[/h1]
According to the most recent edition of Wrestling Observer Radio, no matter how much fans get behind Daniel Bryan, cheer for him at live events, and make their voices heard via social media, WWE executives do not see Bryan as a main event player capable of being the face of WWE, and will not “cave” in this year as they did last year for WrestleMania 30.

As we reported earlier in the week, current creative plans call for Daniel Bryan  to faceDolph Ziggler  at WrestleMania 31, and as of now the match is being discussed as the pay-per-view’s opening bout.

Previous WrestleMania plans called for Daniel Bryan vs Sheamus  III, and it appears as if Bryan has never been discussed for the main event at ‘Mania, and will not be put into the bout despite what fans might want.
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/548061-129-wwe-smackdown-viewership-info-how-did-the-live-special-do
[h1]1/29 WWE Smackdown Viewership Info: How Did the Live Special Do?[/h1]
Last night’s edition of WWE Smackdown, which was a live special due to Raw begin canceled this week, took in 2.952 million viewers for Syfy.

Smackdown is in its third week on Thursday nights, and has seen growth in viewership each week. Last night’s number is up from last week’s 2.815 million viewers, and is a 5% increase for the show.

The debut episode of Smackdown on Thursday nights took in 2.675 million viewers, and this week’s show was once again number one on cable.
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/548...s-smackdown-promo-mean-for-wrestlemania-plans

The Latest On Rey Mysterio’s WWE Status, When He Could He Be Released?, What Did Bray Wyatt’s SD! Promo Mean For WMania Plans?
[h2]Rey Mysterio’s WWE Status[/h2]
PWInsider.com is reporting the negotiations between Rey Mysterio  and WWE are “almost done,” and Rey could have his official release from the company pretty soon.

Apparently, Rey has been working on putting together signing appearances, and we should be hearing about several of those dates in the upcoming months, with promoters waiting to make announcements. 

It is also expected that Rey will sign on with Lucha Underground; Rey was rumored to have gotten his release paperwork last week, but didn’t sign it as there were still some issues he needed to work out with WWE.
[h2]Wyatt Promo [/h2]
Bray Wyatt‘s backstage promo on Smackdown last night has a lot of people asking what it could mean for his Wrestlemania plans, and if the Undertaker  will in fact return for a match. 

Bray talked about how he fears nothing, living or dead, and he closed it by saying “it will be hard for the WWE Universe to ever smile again” after what he does next. 

There’s been a lot of speculation as to whether or not Undertaker will return, but this likely means WWE officials know Undertaker will be back and will give the feud the green light.

[h1]http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/548145-steve-austin-says-roman-reigns-is-not-ready[/h1]

[h1] [/h1]

[h1]Steve Austin Says Roman Reigns is “Not Ready”, Accuses Reigns of “Taking a Nap” During the Rumble Match, Talks His Sense of Entitlement & More[/h1]

This week on the “Steve Austin Show”, host Steve Austin welcomed PWTorch.com editor Wade Keller, and the two talked the controversy surrounding the end of the Royal Rumble PPV, which saw Roman Reigns win the Royal Rumble match.
Austin had the following to say regarding why fans seemed to be so upset with the decision to have Reigns win the 30 man over the top rope match:
“If you’re trying to earn the fans respect, you’re really starting in the hole because people feel like he’s being forced down their throats. He’s not ready. They’re looking at the body of work. With the two other guys — three total in the Shield — he’s doing one-third of the work, come in and shine and get out. Now all the sudden you’ve got all these gaps to fill in the blanks, and he hasn’t been able to fill in those blanks.”

Austin went on to say he feels Roman Reigns “took a nap” during the Royal Rumble match by spending too much time in the corner. “I hate to keep going down that road, but that’s what happened. He goes into a corner and takes a nap,” Austin said.
Wade Keller then asserted sources close to Reigns in WWE have told him Reigns is overly confident about his position in WWE, and Austin reacted by saying the following:
“You can’t take [your spot in WWE] as a given. As soon as you think you’re entitled, you’re thinking it’s a given — no, bad things are gonna happen because it’s conveyed in your presentation. It’s like when Alabama took on Ohio State. Ohio State was number four, Alabama number one, and I think Alabama assumed they were supposed to win that game and they got the h*** beat out of them because Ohio State went and punched them in the mouth. You can’t ever assume that everything’s just gonna happen because then you get a h*** of a wakeup call.”

THIS IS EXACTLY HOW I FEEL! GOODNESS AUSTIN KNOWS MAN. Fans have to ACCEPT you. Not the other way around. If fans don't like you, they trash EVERYTHING you do. Look at Cena.

But you know what... WHAT IF WWE is just trolling us and plan to give Bryan a MONSTER push in the summer? :rolleyes

Kota Ibushi vs Nick Jackson vs Jigsaw vs El Generico... Scramble elimination match... Yeah that was ******* insane... Kinda a spotfest, but the match allows for that...

Chikara from 09... Who doesn't fit in on that group...

I said that the same night of the Rumble, Roman did nothing for the whole damn match aside from the first minute he entered and the last 5 minutes.

Last edited:
Kota Ibushi vs Nick Jackson vs Jigsaw vs El Generico... Scramble elimination match... Yeah that was ******* insane... Kinda a spotfest, but the match allows for that...

Chikara from 09... Who doesn't fit in on that group...

Is that match on YT/DM bro?

ernie ladd actually had a great pro football career before he retired & went to pro wrestling

now that is rare

There were several guys during the 50's 60's and 70's who transitioned from football to pro wrestling and had very good career..And if I wasn't on Percocet and Ambien right now I'd rattle of a decent list..

Getting nervous cause I can't sleep cause my back is badly swollen and I'm having numbness in my thigh and foot..I'm hoping it goes away by tomorrow evening cause I got my first ROH show to go to..So if your inclined to, please say a prayer for me or send some positive energy my way..Thanks NTWT brothers..

ernie ladd actually had a great pro football career before he retired & went to pro wrestling

now that is rare

There were several guys during the 50's 60's and 70's who transitioned from football to pro wrestling and had very good career..And if I wasn't on Percocet and Ambien right now I'd rattle of a decent list..

Getting nervous cause I can't sleep cause my back is badly swollen and I'm having numbness in my thigh and foot..I'm hoping it goes away by tomorrow evening cause I got my first ROH show to go to..So if your inclined to, please say a prayer for me or send some positive energy my way..Thanks NTWT brothers..

Stay strong man... Best wishes to you and your fam... Enjoy the show..

Personally, if I were you, I'd use your Alex Murphy body as an advantage... Show up in a wheelchair, and you know you'll get good treatment... Preferred seating and all that good stuff...

****, take an extra perc, act a lil slow/dumb/DC, maybe a Dudley stutter... And ask Maria for a pic and she'll sit in your lap... And drape your hand on the yambs...

You'll get better bro. :pimp: But just take it easy.

I really dont understand the WWE's need to sabotage themselves. I don't know other companies undercut people that bring then money and exposure. Some of the best things happen naturally, and by luck. How many times will they try to force something that fails, or just isn't working. There's various examples of things that happen by chance that the crowd takes a liken to (Ryder, Bryan, Mizdow, PTP etc), yet they're hellbent on pushing things that are either failing or the crowd simply doesn't care for (Sheamus, Mordecai, Kizarny, Kozlov, etc). Usos are probably the best example right noe of staying the course and naturally getting over. I just don't get it.

Damn OG. I hope you feel better man. As always you will get some prayers from me for health and a quick recovery man.

Who takes over for Vince once he retires/is no longer able to do the job?..Keep in mind they are a publicly traded company and it's not just as simple as "Well Shovel's running the whole thing now"..Is it going to be a situation like WCW where the board brings in non-wrestling business men to run the show?

Back
Top Bottom