Wrestling Thread Jan 27-Feb 9 | 2/3 RAW - New Age Outlaws v Rhodes Brothers for Titles in a STEEL CA

- The latest on Prince Devitt signing a deal with WWE is that he has not yet decided if that’s where he wants to take his future. Apparently a contract is on the table from WWE, it’s just a matter of whether or not Devitt will sign it. One source noted that a decision will likely be made before the month is over.

- It looks like Cody Rhodes may have suffered a leg injury of sorts as a result of his moonsault off the top of the steel cage this past Monday night on RAW. Rhodes recently tweeted the following:

View media item 789448
Good one road dogggg. :smh: that's what y'all get for puttin a has been in the ring still SMH
Too easy. I will keep my mouth shut..........

Punk is a big Bryan fan. Part of the reason why he left is because Batista got the main event at mania when he thought d Bry should get it since it's his year.

They go way back to the early 2000s in the Indy scene and ROH

Man you know Punk wanted the main event for himself :lol:

Its all fam and good vibes till someone takes your spot. I think deep down Punk is a little tight that he was never able to connect with the fans like Dbry did, but who knows its all speculation anyways

I don't think he cares too much about the connection with fans but dbry is now the most over small guy in the company and is actually better than him in the ring. If they ever feud again danielson should steal his best in the world slogan.

Last edited:
Man I am watching the Jan 22 edition of NXT and there was a solid Rusev vs. X. Woods match that had Rusev Camel Clutching Woods after the match. So your man Sin Cara 2 runs out to the ring to help Woods out and what move does he does he do? A damn headscissors takedown. I really hate flying type of moves during run ins. I know a little dude can only do so many things but it seems so cheesy to come help someone and do a move like that. Really bothers me. Ok............done rant.

FfFskvL.gif

Should've been
TOqIGK3.jpg

Jan 22 Edition of NXT: Good card -

Fans loved Cesaro

Results
Singles Match
Adrian Neville defeats Wesley Blake (4:13)

Singles Match
Alexander Rusev (w/Lana) defeats Xavier Woods (2:41)

Singles Match
Antonio Cesaro defeats CJ Parker (3:33)

Singles Match
Natalya (w/Bayley) defeats Summer Rae (w/Sasha Banks) (2:55)

Non Title Beat The Clock Challenge Match
Adrian Neville defeats Bo Dallas (4:45)

Last edited:
what we talking about pure wrestling? Mic skills? total package?
Total package.

If it's not Ric Flair or savage......those are the only two "alternatives" who i would say "okay, you can make a very strong case for them". Even throw taker in there as well

Summer of 1983, Dave Meltzer's Top 100 wrestlers list

Summer 1983 Ratings

Judging from this monthâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s mail, the most looked-forward to feature weâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ve done will be these ratings. I did my absolute best to be fair, but a few notes must precede the rankings. 1) These ratings are based on in-ring performance, that is wrestling ability and work rate, wins and losses are not taken into consideration; 2) Wrestlers are rated by their performance only since January, except in a few exceptions where I havenâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t seen the wrestler this year -- long-term reputation or performance is not a factor; 3) A few wrestlers I havenâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t seen who belong in these ratings like Leo Burke, David Schultz, possibly Wayne Bridges out in England and I'm sure there are many others -- I did not include anyone I havenâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t seen enough to fairly judge.
1. Ric Flair (all-around heâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s the greatest champion Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ve ever seen)
2. Bruiser Brody (not only the best brawler but the best big athlete in the game)
3. Adrian Adonis (more wrestling ability then any big man -- deceptive agility)
4. Stan Hansen (if youâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ve ever seen the action he creates in Japan, an obvious pick)
5. Tiger Mask (pound-for-pound, nobody comes close)
6. Riki Choshu (great moves, never stops working, heâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s got it all)
7. Dynamite Kid (hardest worker in the game, incredible guts, superior stamina)
8. Sgt. Slaughter (heâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s been involved in so many memorable bouts)
9. Paul Orndorff (never out of position in the ring, incredibly conditioned stud)
10. Terry Funk (despite bad knees one of the all-time great workers)
11. Steve Wright (best scientific wrestler since Karl Gotchâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s retirement)
12. Buzz Sawyer (being ruined in Ga., but has shown his stuff enough to deserve the spot)
13. The Superstar (based more on Japan where he shows it)
14. Greg Valentine (very solid basic wrestler, no recognizable flaws)
15. Jimmy Snuka (an incredibly gifted athlete and can work -- being in WWF hurts)
16. Ricky Steamboat (well-coordinated, well conditioned, involved in many super feuds)
17. Ken Patera (has been hurt by bad partners)
18. Masa Saito (I saw him for 13 years and never knew how good he was)
19. **** Slater (may have reached his peak, but is almost always very good)
20. Tatsumi Fujinami (quick, strong, fantastic wrestler)
21. Bob Orton Jr. (some sensational moves, a little bit slow)
22. Andre the Giant (only as a villain in Japan, in fact he may deserve higher)
23. Killer Khan (tremendous movement for a big man when heâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s allowed to)
24. Harley Race (slow, but tremendous moves and able to make the slow bouts exciting)
25. Jumbo Tsuruta (good scientific wrestler, best AJPW has)
26. Ted DiBiase (if he switched styles would be in the top 10)
27. Abdullah the Butcher (for 4 minutes, nobodyâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s better, only in the 5th min. he drops dead)
28. Chavo Guerrero (best scientific star in U.S.)
29. Dos Caras (everything Mil Mascaras was in his prime, somehow never got out of his shadow)
30. Bruce Reed (super strength, good agility, no persona)
31. Dory Funk Jr. (has slowed a little, but the best wrestling champ of the era)
32. Roddy Piper (good brawler, great worker, a little weak on the skills)
33. Terry Gordy (good agility for a big man, great tag wrestler, great brawler)
34. Hulk Hogan (super strength, good worker, limited in ability but gives good matches)
35. Jerry Blackwell (simply incredible a slob can be so good)
36. Super Destroyer (has the talent, but hasnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t been given a break he deserves)
37. Animal Hamaguchi (good worker, fast, a few great moves)
38. Black Tiger (his matches are, as a rule, damn good)
39. Kevin Von Erich (very inconsistent, but when heâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s on, heâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s great)
40. Mr. Olympia (unlike DiBiase, the villain style has improved him)
41. Nick Bockwinkel (still a solid wrestler, although the decline may get noticeable)
42. Ivan Koloff (always a good worker, gives you plenty of action)
43. Bobby Eaton (takes some bumps few others would take, very underrated)
44. Playboy Buddy Rose (the man is good, the body just fools you)
45. El Gran Hamada (sensational, but only 5-foot-4 and maybe 160)
46. Ricky Morton (vastly underrated, as good as almost anyone)
47. Jim Duggan (makes a poor-manâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s Bruiser Brody, but very effective)
48. Jimmy Garvin (great personality, in the ring heâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s a genuine star)
49. Pat Patterson (no great physical skills, when heâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s on, the match is unreal)
50. David Von Erich (good brawler, decent skills)
51. Jerry Lawler (not very skilled, can brawl well, involved in some of the best bouts ever seen)
52. **** Murdoch (can still do the job)
53. Hector Guerrero (a truly incredible wrestler that nobody knows about)
54. Matt Borne (if personal problems donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t stop him, heâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ll be a superstar)
55. Kuniaki Kobayashi (improved immensely the past six months)
56. Jay Youngblood (moves very well, excels as Steamboatâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s partner)
57. Dutch Mantell (pound-for-pound among the best brawlers)
58. Jack Brisco (still smooth as silk, but something is missing lately)
59. Bret Hart (pretty well unknown outside of Calgary, but very good)
60. Curt Hennig (may be one of the big stars of the 80s, incredible recent improvement)
61. Chris Adams (another very good and much underrated wrestler possibly most improved this year)
62. Sweet Brown Sugar Skip Young
63. Yoshiaki Yatsu (when heâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s allowed to show his stuff, great skills)
64. Don Muraco (dropped 50 spots as heâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s eaten his way out of superstardom)
65. Allan Coage (excellent brawler with good judo skills – actually excellent judo skills)
66. Steve Keirn (was better in the pre-Fab days)
67. Tiger Jeet Singh (a certifiable lunatic in Japan)
68. Jos Leduc (great strength, gets in good brawls)
69. El Santo Negro (hard to rate a guy who never wins, but the guy is great)
70. Tully Blanchard (good “reactor” when heâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s got a top opponent against him)
71. Terry Taylor (really smooth, undoubtedly a future superstar)
72. Great Kabuki (good with the martial arts, effective in the role)
73. Tito Santana (tremendous tag wrestler, often good in singles)
74. Jake Roberts (really improved since hitting Florida, very good wrestler)
75. Greg Gagne (very good wrestler, horrible in tv matches)
76. El Canek (sometimes very good, but no competition for him in Mexico)
77. Jerry Brisco (Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ve always enjoyed Jerry show the basic amateur moves)
78. Grappler #1 (Len Deton is quite good a tag team wrestler)
79. Blackman (similar to El Santo Negro, in fact, probably should be rated higher)
80. Gino Hernandez (good when he wants to be, but weâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ll never have to worry anymore)
81. Jim Brunzell (best timed drop kicks in the business)
82. Villano III (Worldâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s Light Heavyweight champion and a skilled acrobat)
83. Stan Lane (also was better in the pre-Fab days, but a good wrestler)
84. Perro Aguayo (tremendous worker, some agility but gets by more on dedication)
85. Jimmy Valiant (really does a good job as a brawler, much to my dismay)
86. Dennis Condrey (solid worker)
87. Don Kernodle (excellent tag wrestler, being misused at the present)
88. Kintaro Hoshino (Tigerâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s tag partner, and doesnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t let him down often)
89. Sweet Brown Sugar Koko Ware (great dropkicks, not a lot of wrestling skill)
90. Akira Maeda (a few sensational moves, still doesnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t have it all together)
91. Scott McGhee (a good little wrestler)
92. Jacques Rogeau (another future superstar, sensational dropkick)
93. Hacksaw Sawyer (another good little wrestler, uses his body well)
94. Atsushi Onita (we may never see him against after his broken leg)
95. Michael Hayes (great “reactor” in many first rate bouts)
96. Antonio Inoki (a very good wrestler, but beats too many better than him)
97. Rocky Johnson (a great agile strong athlete, little wrestling knowledge)
98. Mil Mascaras (kind of a remnant from a once unique wrestler)
99. Manny Fernandez (good, kind of a bleeder type)
100. Goege Welles (a very good athlete, hope he hits it big this time)

Best of the Rest: Fishman, Alexis Smirnoff, Ashura Hara, Jose Estrada, Bob Sweetan, Pete Roberts, Negro Navarro, Barry Windham, Rick Martel, Bill Irwin, Isamu Terasnishi, Iron Sheik, Steve Regal, Mike Rotundo, Mike Georege, Tim Horner, Jim Nelson, Dino Bravo, Abdullah Tamba, Mighty Inoue, Seiji Sakaguchi, Chic Donovan, Takahashi Ishikawa, Billy Robinson, Randy Rose, Buddy Roberts, Johnny Rodz, Mark Lewin, Kevin Sullivan, The Destroyer, Ultra Seven, Kazuo Sakurada, Les Thorton, El Flacon, King Kong Bundy, Mike Graham, Scott Casey, Ed Wiskowski, Spike Huber, Brian Blair, Kerry Von Erich, Magic Dragon, Kim Duk, Goro Tsurumi, Robert Gibson, Tony Charles, Robert Fuller, Grappler #2, Ultraman.

-Dave Meltzer, 1983 Wrestling Observer Newsletter

How many of you feel this way about Rey Mysterio Jr?

[6.0] "Rey for the most part either leaves me either flat or angry. I find his style of wrestling for the most part absurd and unbelievable. The wrestlers that have been Rey's opponets have worked really hard to get this guy over. You also have to suspend your disbelief beyond belief in order to invest yourself in most of his matches. Maybe not so much in his cruiserweight matches but I would argue just about any of his other matchups. I was also sickened when he basically got himself over when Eddie died. Thats how it seemed to me, he was riding high on Eddies soul. Mysterio is a great underdog, but had no business being anywhere near the World Championship."

http://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=604

I am posting this just for Zeus's facial expressions.

4:00 mark is where it gets get. Also listen to what Zeus calls Beefcake LOL

The infamous avy change for DC 
eek.gif
 I remember when he used to have Flair. This is as rare as seeing Zack Ryder on Raw

what we talking about pure wrestling? Mic skills? total package?
Total package.

If it's not Ric Flair or savage......those are the only two "alternatives" who i would say "okay, you can make a very strong case for them". Even throw taker in there as well

For me if it's not Flair or Savage (though I've never been much of a Flair fan), it's definitely HBK and Angle, total complete package.

How many of you feel this way about Rey Mysterio Jr?
http://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=604

[/quote]

I've always been a Rey fan but I already mentioned how sickening the Eddie stuff was in relation to his title reign. I won't blame Rey for that, but the WWE blatantly commercialized Eddie's death. Also, I don't think I've seen a new World champion lose more than when Rey had the title.

- WWE officials have began to de-emphasize CM Punk internally and they have the impression that he’s not coming back anytime soon. One reason the company is not burying Punk publicly yet is because Vince McMahon really does like Punk personally. As noted, Vince still hopes the two sides can work everything out.

Another reason is they have a lot of time and money invested in Punk, they have the CM Punk name out in stores and other places and they want to protect that at best they can as long as it’s associated with WWE. There’s a good chance WWE doesn’t even publicly acknowledge Punk is gone until his contract expires in July. For those wondering, once July comes and his contract expires, Punk will be free to do anything he wants.

whats the probability punks ends up like Tommy dreamer or worse Jerry lynn

side note TNA got 16 tickets for valentines weekend in Austin

whats the probability punks ends up like Tommy dreamer or worse Jerry lynn

side note TNA got 16 tickets for valentines weekend in Austin
lol what?

Those two combine were never at Punk's level. They never made the money Punk has. Never had the fame Punk has, nor the skills.

I hope Punk doesn't come back if it's the guy we've seen since he lost the title and turned face.

Punk is best as a heel. Punk is also best with his hair slicked back and without that awful Wolverine facial

hair style. As a face he looks shlubby. 

Let Punk be that tweener he was when he dropped that pipe bomb and just shoot on everyone. I'd hold him off till Chicago and have him run in through the crowd at random to save Daniel Bryan from a beat down. Place would erupt.

Probably already mentioned but Taker return night of wwe network launch night after EC. Body is ready for that bell to toll.

Back
Top Bottom