Wrestling Thread January 1st / Happy New Years NTWT Weekend Edition

i dont mind the look of the universal belt as much as i first saw it, but i still cant get over the stupid name. 

Shouldve just called it the Raw/Smackdown World Titles

This

In theory, sure. I was told straight up by Owens, as well as a couple of WWE officials that there aren't any Universal belts to give out to ANYBODY. In fact, I even said, "I figured there would be a handful around for somebody like Lebron," and was told it wasn't the case. By your logic, wouldn't you think the champ himself would be able to get one for his family? They're still in production.

Yep they are on Pre-order on WWE shop says Dec. 12th

If the WWE - a multi-million dollar company that is starved for mainstream attention - wanted the Cubs to have a replica of the Universal title, they very well would have had one made for them.

In theory, sure. I was told straight up by Owens, as well as a couple of WWE officials that there aren't any Universal belts to give out to ANYBODY. In fact, I even said, "I figured there would be a handful around for somebody like Lebron," and was told it wasn't the case. By your logic, wouldn't you think the champ himself would be able to get one for his family? They're still in production.

You know Kevin Owens?

If the WWE - a multi-million dollar company that is starved for mainstream attention - wanted the Cubs to have a replica of the Universal title, they very well would have had one made for them.

I'll buy this explanation because I'm sure the brand split wasn't thought out long in advance... While I'm sure they could get another belt made ASAP, it would probably cost them 100G's for the belt itself and the skipping in line...

This in a way ruins wrestling for me

and let me explain why

Back then the majority of wrestlers were friends and rivals on TV, but you wouldnt see them as friends behind the scene

and by that i mean for examply when Rock and Stone cold were fighting, you wouldnt see a video of them playing games or anything like that.

There rival would make you feel its real on and off screen.

Nowadays you have Seth fight Roman on monday, then see them play Call of Duty as best of friends on tuesday.

Maybe im getting old and want the old way back,

or i'm just tired and its been a long work week :o

Last edited:

and let me explain why

Back then the majority of wrestlers were friends and rivals on TV, but you wouldnt see them as friends behind the scene

and by that i mean for examply when Rock and Stone cold were fighting, you wouldnt see a video of them playing games or anything like that.

Nowadays you have Seth fight Roman on monday, then see them play Call of Duty as best of friends on tuesday.

Grumpy old fart

and let me explain why

Seth is a face now so it's cool.. :rollin

You know Kevin Owens?

Not personally. Was lucky enough to be in some circumstances that allowed me to be backstage when Raw was in town, and got a significant amount of time with KO. Got to hold the actual Universal title, and this subject came up.

Cwbc7mdXUAAVTEG.jpg

I'm snorting at Lita saying "Alright take two Bayley" during Bayley's sedated RVD-sounding promo on Talking Raw :lol

and let me explain why

Kayfabe Karate is dead and so is my interest fam

Just stopped off to grab some gas and food and I realized we're in Cobb County GA..Someone post the Big Bossman gif..

Back
Top Bottom