Wrestling Thread June 2-15 | 6/12 WWE Releases 10 Talents, JTG Still Employed

I'm dying to see your list of top 5 EC Matches.

I dont have them specifically ranked but i would probably take most of the EC matches from 08-10 (all except for the one with Kozlov in it :x) over the 2002 match. My problem with the 02 one is that its waaaay too long and slow paced. Its like 40 minutes long? I also cant take HBK seriously when he looks like a complete buffoon with that haircut and tights combo. Dont think i've watched it in like over 10 years, so i might give it another watch tonight. Maybe ill change my mind

My favorite EC match is probably the 09 one where Cena got eliminated immediately after he came out and ended with a great Edge vs. Mysterio mini-match.

It also gave us one of the GOAT gifs

efoMq3b.gif

Last edited:
id def say that for hell in a cell theres no point of having it anymore if theres no blood.might as well just stick to steel cage matches,but even those should require some blood lol

Steel cages matches will be a mainstay in WWE. They are classics. But I remember when WWE had HIAC matches as the big blow off to a long feud. Now they have them because "oh, it's our annual HIAC PPV. Just throw the title match in the cell and call it a day"

Look at the list of every HIAC match that has ever taken place. The match lost it's allure in 2006. Excluding Taker vs Edge SS 2008.

I miss No Way Out, Backlash, Judgment Day, KOTR, Vengeance, Unforgiven, No. Mercy and Armageddon.

Get rid of these themed PPVs. Although I do enjoy MITB. Should still be a Mania thing.

i still dont understand why they dont do king of the ring. it was part of the 'Big Five' as it was the next ppv added to the mix. and more mega stars won the event. I guess winning the briefcase at the MITB is the new 'King of the Ring push'

yea that hiac ppv should be stopped and that match should be once in a blue

mitb should just be a match at wm 

guerreros w/ the win lol ec is bout to start 

I used to LOVE King of the Ring. Always started in late May right before school ended and it was a great way to start summer as a kid. Used to always look at the brackets with my friends and choose a winner. I rem,ever how upset I was when Kurt Angle lost in 2001.

But I guess you're right, MITB is the new stepping stone. Even though it did NOTHING for Sandow.

lol randy orton with the longer hair lmao and the rnn report i swear i dont remember that at all lol 

wow rvd was cooking in this match,stealing the show early on against triple h,of course y2j doing his thing also,booker t was sooo over wow he got a crazy pop especially when he hit that spinarooney

02 survivor series was the ****. Any ppv at msg is great honestly. Are they never going to have ppv's there anymore because of the high rent or whatever?

02 survivor series was the ****. Any ppv at msg is great honestly. Are they never going to have ppv's there anymore because of the high rent or whatever?
man i sure hope not ,im definitely trying to go to the next event at the garden,i know they got a house show coming up there but im tryna go to a ppv.theres always there barclays but theres nothing like msg honestly 

If the MITB ends up being for the title... Seth needs to win it... There is not a single guy in the company that would benefit more, potentially... He was cast as lead heel, or second to Hunter, after Monday... And he needs to go back to gods last gift as a heel...

If the MITB ends up being for the title... Seth needs to win it... There is not a single guy in the company that would benefit more, potentially... He was cast as lead heel, or second to Hunter, after Monday... And he needs to go back to gods last gift as a heel...
eh. title on a heel doesn't work as well.

eh. title on a heel doesn't work as well.

Fine then, put it on Cena... Are you happy now?... Lol

Fine then, put it on Cena... Are you happy now?... Lol

haha I'm just saying I don't like the idea of any of these new comers win too soon. it stunts the growth of the character

It works when done right though... Plus, he's been there for 18 months... That's a pretty good chunk of time... And he's young, you establish him as a top honors guy now, you could get 15 years outta him...

I honesty see Seth Rollins as this generations HBK...

Peace of mind always looked like a helelish finisher IMO. I wouldn't mind what your saying as a secondary tho

agreed.. eventually a new match is going to be thought up, or maybe they bring back war games (wishful thinking)

Man don't even get me started..I've been saying bring back War Games for the 3 years I've been in the NTWT..It's my absolute favorite specialty match of all time (followed closely by the Royal Rumble match)..
Work faster on getting that avy situation fixed

IMO, I don't think it has anything to do with rent..I think it's Vince's ego that keeps ppv's outta MSG..Vince gets hard over having those huge attendance numbers and won't quit his quest to have 4 million people at one ppv..I honestly thing the man would build a dome over all of Central Park if he could set a record..

Bo's too big of a star for that nonsense. Can't wait til he wins the MITB breaks both legs.

Fixed..

Either one man..I was at both so they're equally as good to me..Most would say 98, but 99 is not far behind..

And I don't know which wrestler/manager you are..You're new to NTWT, but yet you come with some good insights and cool stories..But if I had to guess, for now, I'd say

Jeff Jarrett..Got the family connections, like things old school, and can tell a pretty good story..But yet everyone hates the F outta you..
J/K..

But seriously, you need to get an avy..Cause sometimes, with all the new guys popping in and out of the wrestling thread, it makes it hard to tell who's who when they have the generic NT logo avy..

What about me :D

People backstage are already questioning the logic behind Rollins heel turn. Many feel that it should've been Ambrose the one to turn.

Officials are also not happy with Bo Dallas' conditioning and feel his body needs to be more tone.

People backstage are already questioning the logic behind Rollins heel turn. Many feel that it should've been Ambrose the one to turn.

Officials are also not happy with Bo Dallas' conditioning and feel his body needs to be more tone.

I don't see how they can be happy with anything relating to Boring Dallas..He's just awful..From the drenched shirt to the bootleg Jericho screams in the middle of matches to the atrocious bulldog finisher he's just flat out the ****ts..

Back
Top Bottom