Wrestling Thread June 5th-30th/TGIF Edition/G1 Special In US Saturday 8PM ET Okada vs Cody

I'll give the short answer if why I accept goofy stuff... I'm 28,i was raised on WWF and WWF was goofy AF after about '90... WWF was constantly doing goofy angles with goofy wrestlers... I mean, my favorite wrestled if all time is Taker, a zombie biker... Wrestling was never presented in a serious way...
What you prefer is usually based on what you were raised on. If you notice most in this thread that were raised on WWE (especially the attitude era dudes) so of course those fans will be more accepting of the entertainment style. Those of us that were raised on NWA/WCW, we tend to look at it more as a sport. Nobody is right or wrong but know there is always a root for what a person tolerates. It doesn't just come out of thin air.

For example, the, "NXT is stale" crowd just tells me, "I am used to Superstar vs. Superstar matches of the Monday Night Wars, what is this squash match stuff." NXT has always reminded me of those old WCW/NWA shows that were used to get talent over and the TAKEOVERS were simply where stars clashed against other stars.

Such a simple approach to wrestling that EYE prefer.

For example, the, "NXT is stale" crowd just tells me, "I am used to Superstar vs. Superstar matches of the Monday Night Wars, what is this squash match stuff." NXT has always reminded me of those old WCW/NWA shows that were used to get talent over and the TAKEOVERS were simply where stars clashed against other stars.

Such a simple approach to wrestling that EYE prefer.

I prefer the same stuff... But the goofiness I was raised on is why I like Yano, Omega, Chuck Taylor and the Bucks...

What you prefer is usually based on what you were raised on. If you notice most in this thread that were raised on WWE (especially the attitude era dudes) so of course those fans will be more accepting of the entertainment style. Those of us that were raised on NWA/WCW, we tend to look at it more as a sport. Nobody is right or wrong but know there is always a root for what a person tolerates. It doesn't just come out of thin air.
I watched it all growing up that's why I enjoy all forms of wrestling and support all organizations.

ShrillFavoriteCoati-size_restricted.gif

This. You watch certain promos for what they offer. It's great that we have easy access to such wide range of wrestling.
Yeah man. The first time I watched PWG I wasn't into it then after a few more viewings I became a big fan. PWG got me into the "indies"

Vader will always be the greatest super heavyweight of all time..Dude was so damn agile for being 400+ lbs..
This... loved Vader .. even more because he was on boy meets world.. made wrestling that much real to me haha

Last edited:
Tyson Kidd working with WWE again as a producer

They trying to make things right and prevent him talking.

I agree with this. I started watching in 1998. So I'm an Attitude Era, WCW, ECW guy. I'm 26 now and was 8 then. I still find almost anything from then better than what WWE or TNA puts on my tv now.

At least NJPW & ROH try.

Yessir :pimp: seeing vader in person for the first time as a kid was legit scared :lol:

Vader will always be the greatest super heavyweight of all time..Dude was so damn agile for being 400+ lbs..

This... loved Vader .. even more because he was on boy meets world.. made wrestling that much real to me haha

Once I saw Vader do moonsault off the top rope, I was a fan. I wish his WWF run was better. Should have been a multitime world champion......that damn Shawn Michaels smh.

My taste in wrestling is probably closer to Cornette's, but my ideas about the business itself are more in line with Meltzer's

If that makes sense

They both made some very good points, but Cornette is a holdover from a different era so his points aren't as relevant to the current landscape

Hate how Meltzer kept talking over Jim tho

"Muscle Boy Kenny Kaos"

What a name :lol:

Reminds me of Perry Saturn calling Goldberg "just a big muscle kid"

Back
Top Bottom