Wrestling Thread June 8-14 | 6/12 Smackdown - CM Punk is the New World Champ, Punk vs Jericho

laugh.gif

I just re-watched ECW, and LOL at Matt Striker comparing Tony Atlas to Eric B and Rakim.

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

Anti-HHH heads...this is probably gonna piss you off, because supposedly...

Spoiler [+]
MVP was gonna win the WWE Championship on Monday and get a short reign, but HHH stopped it and suggested it should go to him or Cena instead..
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
where did you read this? I haven't read that anywhere but if true
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
MVP should have since he dropped the IC title (which I thought was to goafter the WWE Championship)

LMAO Steiner's mic skills will always be the G.O.A.T.
"He's Fat!"
"I'll Make Him Bleed!"

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

MVP doesn't deserve a Heavyweight Title reign. Not yet.
Yeah definitely. MVP is still working his way up. So i agree with HHH and what he did.

Originally Posted by Mister916

Yeah definitely. MVP is still working his way up. So i agree with HHH and what he did.

But couldn't you say the same for CM Punk winning the title last year when he cashed in? Punk was still working his way up, and then all of a sudden hebecame champ. It just felt like they rushed that.

Originally Posted by chino905

But couldn't you say the same for CM Punk winning the title last year when he cashed in? Punk was still working his way up, and then all of a sudden he became champ. It just felt like they rushed that.
CM Punk had a good fan base. IMO he was more marketable then than MVP is now. You're right though it was a bit rushed.

But couldn't you say the same for CM Punk winning the title last year when he cashed in? Punk was still working his way up, and then all of a sudden he became champ. It just felt like they rushed that.
CM Punk had a good fan base. IMO he was more marketable then than MVP is now. You're right though it was a bit rushed.
Agreed. Punk was much more over as a face than MVP currently is. Plus, Punk was on a winning streak. What has MVP done? He lost the US Title. Then lost a PPV match. Winning one match on Raw against Matt Hardy doesn't mean you deserve a WWE Title shot.

Agreed. Punk was much more over as a face than MVP currently is. Plus, Punk was on a winning streak. What has MVP done? He lost the US Title. Then lost a PPV match. Winning one match on Raw against Matt Hardy doesn't mean you deserve a WWE Title shot.

Unless you have the Konami code

Face MVP is trash, Heel MVP is amazing.

I am not going to cut and paste since the dirt site has been screwing up and will probably freeze, but I just read that:

There is a RUMOR going around backstage that Rey Mysterio has given the E his notice. It has not been confirmed and is just a rumor at this point.

Originally Posted by mjmoney23

I am not going to cut and paste since the dirt site has been screwing up and will probably freeze, but I just read that:

There is a RUMOR going around backstage that Rey Mysterio has given the E his notice. It has not been confirmed and is just a rumor at this point.
Heck of a rumor
eek.gif

Vince probably wanted to have Rey's mask burned in the middle of the ring or something. I hope it's not true yet. This Jericho program has beenexcellent so far.

It wouldn't surprise me with the WWE trying to unmask him and humiliate him just as they did with Vickie.

Source: F4Wonline

This past weekend, some people within World Wrestling Entertainment leaked a story to PWInsider saying Batista had suffered a biceps tear. Their story waslater changed to a torn tendon in his left biceps and that it was not a full fledged muscle tear. The webmaster of his official website, Demon-Wrestling.com,soon acknowledged his injury, "confirming" it as a torn tendon.

The webmaster wrote: "We originally thought Dave had a torn muscle (he's been hurt for around 2-3 weeks), but this has now been confirmed as a torntendon."

However, the official WWE website would say differently.

According to their report concerning Batista's injury, he suffered a completely torn left biceps requiring surgery that will keep him out of action for atleast four months - not a torn tendon.

A full fledged muscle tear is much more serious than a tendon tear, so something's clearly not adding up. If he did indeed suffer a torn tendon like hisofficial website is saying, the amount of ring time he would miss would be considerably less.

Among some of the wrestlers, there has been plenty of skepticism over the true severity of his injury. The injury supposedly occurred over three weeks ago, buthe had been working television, pay-per-views, and live events without any sort of tape on his arm whatsoever, let alone showing any signs of an injury. If thebiceps tear was serious, and people within WWE are claiming it was serious enough for him to get surgery two days after his championship victory, it wouldcertainly have been taped up. If the injury was not serious enough to require tape, one would think there would be no need for surgery.

Even partially torn biceps injuries are taped up, but considering WWE is saying he suffered a full fledged muscle tear, it makes the severity of his injury allthe more suspicious.

At Monday's Raw in Lafayette‎, the wrestlers were told his injury was legitimate and he was having surgery the next day. However, the talk among wrestlersin the locker room is that his injury angle on Raw was a cover-up to have him avoid being suspended due to a violation of the company's drugtesting policy.
smh.gif

For what it's worth, Monday's show was re-written several times during the day and the creative team was given a list of wrestlers not to use for theforeseeable future prior to show time as a result of drug testing held earlier in the day and at shows over the weekend.

WWE covering up a drug test failure with an injury would certainly be a major change of philosophy on how they handle their drug testing policy, and whilethings appear fishy, right now there is no concrete evidence indicating that has happened.

Originally Posted by retrogearsolid

lol, Kane hasn't been doing anything since that thing he had with Kelly Kelly that was never mentioned again. Poor guy, always jobbing/getting stuck in crap storylines.
Katie Vick
Being afraid of the See No Evil release date
Dating Lita
The Fake Kane
"Torturing" Rey Mysterio Jr.
Kidnapping Kelly Kelly

Just off the top of my head to name a few.

None of that was as bad as Kane losing a match to Mark Henry via bearhug. That was just sad on so many levels.

Originally Posted by BayBuryYa

Originally Posted by retrogearsolid

lol, Kane hasn't been doing anything since that thing he had with Kelly Kelly that was never mentioned again. Poor guy, always jobbing/getting stuck in crap storylines.
Katie Vick
Being afraid of the See No Evil release date
Dating Lita
The Fake Kane
"Torturing" Rey Mysterio Jr.
Kidnapping Kelly Kelly

Just off the top of my head to name a few.

None of that was as bad as Kane losing a match to Mark Henry via bearhug. That was just sad on so many levels.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by sneakerhead24

This past weekend, some people within World Wrestling Entertainment leaked a story to PWInsider saying Batista had suffered a biceps tear. Their story was later changed to a torn tendon in his left biceps and that it was not a full fledged muscle tear. The webmaster of his official website, Demon-Wrestling.com, soon acknowledged his injury, "confirming" it as a torn tendon.

The webmaster wrote: "We originally thought Dave had a torn muscle (he's been hurt for around 2-3 weeks), but this has now been confirmed as a torn tendon."

According to their report concerning Batista's injury, he suffered a completely torn left biceps requiring surgery that will keep him out of action for at least four months - not a torn tendon.

A full fledged muscle tear is much more serious than a tendon tear, so something's clearly not adding up. If he did indeed suffer a torn tendon like his official website is saying, the amount of ring time he would miss would be considerably less.

Among some of the wrestlers, there has been plenty of skepticism over the true severity of his injury. The injury supposedly occurred over three weeks ago, but he had been working television, pay-per-views, and live events without any sort of tape on his arm whatsoever, let alone showing any signs of an injury. If the biceps tear was serious, and people within WWE are claiming it was serious enough for him to get surgery two days after his championship victory, it would certainly have been taped up. If the injury was not serious enough to require tape, one would think there would be no need for surgery.

Even partially torn biceps injuries are taped up, but considering WWE is saying he suffered a full fledged muscle tear, it makes the severity of his injury all the more suspicious.

At Monday's Raw in Lafayette‎, the wrestlers were told his injury was legitimate and he was having surgery the next day. However, the talk among wrestlers in the locker room is that his injury angle on Raw was a cover-up to have him avoid being suspended due to a violation of the company's drug testing policy.
smh.gif

For what it's worth, Monday's show was re-written several times during the day and the creative team was given a list of wrestlers not to use for the foreseeable future prior to show time as a result of drug testing held earlier in the day and at shows over the weekend.

WWE covering up a drug test failure with an injury would certainly be a major change of philosophy on how they handle their drug testing policy, and while things appear fishy, right now there is no concrete evidence indicating that has happened.
I thought the exact same thing when I heard about the drug testing. It must be a way of covering it up. I also think making it sound more severeallows them to bring him back as a surprise and that is why they always seem to overestimate injury times

I read that also, If true and WWE Trying to send him off like they did vickie dirty Vince is Disgusting.

Vince sent his 2nd Top Heel Vickie Guerrero out in a fashion that was appalling

Originally Posted by sneakerhead24

This past weekend, some people within World Wrestling Entertainment leaked a story to PWInsider saying Batista had suffered a biceps tear. Their story was later changed to a torn tendon in his left biceps and that it was not a full fledged muscle tear. The webmaster of his official website, Demon-Wrestling.com, soon acknowledged his injury, "confirming" it as a torn tendon.

The webmaster wrote: "We originally thought Dave had a torn muscle (he's been hurt for around 2-3 weeks), but this has now been confirmed as a torn tendon."

According to their report concerning Batista's injury, he suffered a completely torn left biceps requiring surgery that will keep him out of action for at least four months - not a torn tendon.

A full fledged muscle tear is much more serious than a tendon tear, so something's clearly not adding up. If he did indeed suffer a torn tendon like his official website is saying, the amount of ring time he would miss would be considerably less.

Among some of the wrestlers, there has been plenty of skepticism over the true severity of his injury. The injury supposedly occurred over three weeks ago, but he had been working television, pay-per-views, and live events without any sort of tape on his arm whatsoever, let alone showing any signs of an injury. If the biceps tear was serious, and people within WWE are claiming it was serious enough for him to get surgery two days after his championship victory, it would certainly have been taped up. If the injury was not serious enough to require tape, one would think there would be no need for surgery.

Even partially torn biceps injuries are taped up, but considering WWE is saying he suffered a full fledged muscle tear, it makes the severity of his injury all the more suspicious.

At Monday's Raw in Lafayette‎, the wrestlers were told his injury was legitimate and he was having surgery the next day. However, the talk among wrestlers in the locker room is that his injury angle on Raw was a cover-up to have him avoid being suspended due to a violation of the company's drug testing policy.
smh.gif

For what it's worth, Monday's show was re-written several times during the day and the creative team was given a list of wrestlers not to use for the foreseeable future prior to show time as a result of drug testing held earlier in the day and at shows over the weekend.

WWE covering up a drug test failure with an injury would certainly be a major change of philosophy on how they handle their drug testing policy, and while things appear fishy, right now there is no concrete evidence indicating that has happened.

Dr. James Andrews performed the surgery. I doubt he would risk his name and practice to be part of a WWE storyline.

Back
Top Bottom