Wrestling Thread June 8-14 | 6/12 Smackdown - CM Punk is the New World Champ, Punk vs Jericho

Originally Posted by AquaGrape2345

Any update as to why Umaga left?
There was another round of major drug testing last night at RAW.

As noted earlier, creative was told of several names to keep off next weeks RAW which lead many to believe that suspensions could be coming
According to one source, there was a situation where Umaga "just had to be let go". He's telling people he quit. He worked real hard to return just several weeks ago and to just 'quit' after so much rehab is not believable.

Hopefully they find soemthing to do with him being gone. I ownder if thats y they had cm punk cash in since the feud would b over for good

Just picked up the Macho Man dvd along with WM25
pimp.gif

Word is Batista will be out 4 months.

I know it's late, but assuming Jeff does not take time off (haven't been watching lately, is he?), how good would a Punk Hardy feud be for the WorldTitle.

geez why can't they put this kind of entertainment on Raw.

Originally Posted by YardFather

Originally Posted by Club29

Batista JUST came back too didnt he?

Talk about injury prone...

Word.

He also claims he's retiring once his contract ends next year.
Why would he? He's getting paid to sit at home for 9 months out of the year.

Trips
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Marks
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Why would he? He's getting paid to sit at home for 9 months out of the year.
eek.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
Signature material right there.

As for Raw, it sucked. I figured orHHHange sprHHHay would be baHHHck last night. Since the Great Pumpkin has returned, Raw will continue to further buryitself in feces. The shovHHHel burries people like no other. He should only compete in Burried Alive matches, since that is all he does to carreers. I cantremember ANY wrestler booked as strong as he is.

There will be a four-way match this Monday night on RAW to determine a new WWE Champion. The match will feature Triple H vs. John Cena vs. Randy Orton vs. Big Show.

Tommy Dreamer vs. Christian for the ECW title will be the ECW match on next Monday's RAW.

^^ More stupid booking. Why not save that match for a ppv? I mean it is less than 3 weeks away.

Why is Show in that match, he hasn't done anything to earn a title shot. Isn't he on a losing streak?
Should've put MVP in that match..

Update on CM Punk's Rumored Heel Turn on SD!
Devin Cutting is reporting that the advertised line-up for the WWE Supershow in Salisbury, MD and in Wildwood, NJ is featuring a tag team match of John Cena and Rey Mysterio vs Big Show and CM Punk. This booking would indicate that CM Punk is in fact turning heel on Smackdown following his World Heavyweight Championship win at "Extreme Rules," however, as is often the case with WWE, creative plans can and do change.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BayBuryYa

Originally Posted by Maelstroom

So whos the WWE Champion now?
alien.gif
My best guess is that HGH and Orton will wrestle for it next week on the 3-hour show, and we will have a new 14-time champion.
So MVP is not gonna compete for the title next week?
indifferent.gif

So I didn't get home from the graduation until 11:30 last night and was too tired to watch Raw (it probably would have put me right to sleep anyway). Butit looks like you guys have done a great job with this thread. I've read through all 11 pages. Let me get my thoughts down.

The opening segment of Raw once again proved what an awful performer Batista is. He was completely unbelievable while being assaulted by Legacy. He no soldit while yelling out corny phrases. I'm so glad this dude is off TV because he is one of the most worthless performers in the WWE. On a related note,Batista did undergo surgery today. He will be out at least four months, but may not be back until The Royal Rumble. One can only imagine the amount ofsteroids he'll be able to shoot up between now and then.

Regal's comment about a Jamaican being the US Champion was really funny. Too bad he's not Jamaican. The match was also disappointing. Short andsloppy. I expected more.

Mickie James looked so hot.

Maryse is the best heel diva in a long, long time. Maybe since Mickie's "crazy heel" days. Maybe not as a wrestler, but I could see big thingsin her future if the WWE uses her correctly.

I'm happy they're not rushing The Miz and Cena, but do we really have to see Cena and Big Show again? God damn, I can't take these guys stinkingup my tv anymore.

It's sad that Santino and Kendrick have been delegated to the lowest class jobbers on Raw.

Vickie Guerrero quit the WWE. She gave her notice last month. I want to take this time to say it is absolutely dispicable the way Vince and the WWE chose totreat her over the past month. Vickie has been in some sleezy angles in her time in the WWE, but this one was too much. The problem is, I highly doubt shehad any choice about being apart of it. Whether you like her or not, Vickie Guerrero is the widower of a wrestler who died far too young. Yes, she was a heelin the WWE. But instead of giving her a classy exit, Vince chose to use her last month with the company to exploit and embarass her every chance he got. Hedidn't make fun of her character or things she did, like they did with Adamle. They made fun of her physical appearance, comparing her to a pig. Evenmaking her wrestle in a hog pen match. None of this was funny. It was a waste of time, insulting, embarrassing, and the things that make you ashamed to be aWWE fan. It's the lowest of the low. When Vince wonders why people, and more importantly advertisers, don't respect the WWE, crap like this is aperfect example why.

And the segment with Edge continued to confuse and annoy me. First, why would he say he was only with Vickie for the power? Wasn't he just trying to winher back after she cheated on him with The Big Show? And why was Vickie so upset about Edge leaving her when she was cheating on him with The Big Show? Arewe supposed to forget these things? Things that just happened two months ago? Edge is one of your top two heels in the company. What is the point of himbeing there to draw a face reaction by insulting Vickie? The whole segment was just a trainwreck, and made me very uncomfortable watching it. I wish Vickiethe best with whatever she goes onto next.

Priceless is worthless, and having them beat the tag team champions makes Carlito and Primo look even more pathetic. It would be fine if they were actuallyserious about giving Rhodes and Dibiase a push, but we saw in the very next segment that they are just two jabronis.

And as you guys said, Primo is 10x the wrestler that Carlito is.

Everyone saw the main event segment coming. Why exactly was HHH in the ambulance? Anyway, HHH is back and his ego is bigger than ever, completely destroyingLegacy. Ok, I'm a little harsh. HHH needed to get revenge in his first night back, but I just hate him so much I will never give him the benefit of thedoubt. As much as I hate Batista, I would gladly trade him for HHH. At least Batista doesn't deliberately bury people and provides some unintentionalcomic relief. With the dipping Raw ratings, it looks as if HHH will once again become the focal point of Raw, which just gives us more incentive to makeSmackdown the #1 WWE brand.

So next week they just announced HHH vs Randy Orton vs John Cena vs The Big Show for the vacant WWE Title. What exactly have HHH and The Big Show done todeserve a title shot? Big Show has lost on multiple consecutive PPVs. I'm not saying MVP deserves a shot either, but at least he would be a freshcompetitor in the unbelievably stale Raw main event picture. And didn't MVP just promise he would be fighting for the WWE Title last night on Raw?

I'm very sad to see Umaga go. He was one of the few legitimately athletic big men in the WWE. I will reserve judgment until there are verified reportsregarding his release, but if it's true that he failed another wellness test, then it's his own fault and time for him to go.

Word is we will see more releases and/or suspensions as a result of the drug testing that went down yesterday. Should be very interesting. I wish guys likeHHH and Batista received the same tests as everyone else.

Oh yeah....

With the focus on this coming week's Raw being a "3 For All" with all three brands and all three titles on the line, when exactly are they goingto set the matches for The "No Longer Great or American" Bash? Maybe they'll pull a December to Dismember and just not bother to announce anymatches.

Great post regarding Vickie 4w. I've been watching the last few months and have been asking myself when is she going to quit? Did she need he money thatbad that she continued to put up with Vince's sick humor? I'm glad that she came to the realization that enough is enough and that it was best toleave. After all the WWE is partly responsible for Eddie's untimely passing.

Anybody know if Tonya Harding's people are still available? Anybody want to contribute to the job?
nerd.gif

After a disappointing RAW, ECW was once again a breath of fresh air.

Christian and Swagger have had one of the best feuds this year and adding Dreamer to it only makes it better.

laugh.gif
at Tony Atlas' ring attire.

The main event tag match was a great tag match. Kidd and Smith have far more potential than Rhodes and Dibiase and are leaps and bounds better than them in thering.

Caught the last part of the main event on ECW. I was so confused for a second when I saw Christian and Swagger on the same team
laugh.gif

Hart Foundation 2.0 are gonna do some big things
pimp.gif

And Natalya is still ever so hot
devil.gif

Back
Top Bottom