Wrestling Thread Mar 14-20 | 3/18 Smackdown - Del Rio v Christian - Cage Match | Sheamus v Kofi

Originally Posted by masondid

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Originally Posted by MJ All Day45

He did have the old Lex Luger "Narcissist" gimmick tho...Lex was better...he had the mirror and the shiny cape.
laugh.gif

52c365071ae49702692833cef19ccc01e07fab3d_r.jpg
I remember when Luger debuted in WWF.  I was never more confused.  A) I didn't know what Narcissist meant.  B) He came out with weird music and the mirrors.  It was just weird for a 10 year old.
Agreed I first seen this dude I was thinking what's going on

I was 6 and I looked it up...and realized it meant... #SWAG I had my grandma's get me his toy and the other one make the sivler cape....good times.

I just saw a huge electronic billboard on the highway promoting lockdown and it had the faces of Hogan, Meth, Anderson, Angle, and Styles on it.
How do you not even promote your champion?

-- According to sources within WWE, a change is expected to be made to a top tier WrestleMania match over the next few days. Many are speculating that Christian will be added to the World Heavyweight Championship Match between Edge and Alberto Del Rio.

-- As of yesterday, creative plans called for Triple H vs. The Undertaker to conclude WrestleMania, with no career ending stipulations.

Husky Harris, who was demoted last month to Florida Championship Wrestling (though officially still listed as a Raw Superstar), recently debuted a masked character in the developmental promotion.

Paying homage to his grandfather, WWE Hall of Famer Blackjack Mulligan, Harris appeared at the March 9 and 16 FCW live events as Axl Mulligan. His appearance is similar to the Hannibal Lecter character from The Silence of the Lambs. Harris wears jeans and a black Misfits T-shirt to go along with the mask.

Harris is also using the Stone Cold Stunner as his finishing maneuver. He beat Ricardo Rodriguez with the move last Wednesday, and then struck Brodus Clay during a post-match brawl.

It is unclear as to whether the character will continue as Harris appeared as himself at last Thursday’s FCW live event, one day removed from appearing as the masked persona.

Originally Posted by 3dgarfly23

-- According to sources within WWE, a change is expected to be made to a top tier WrestleMania match over the next few days. Many are speculating that Christian will be added to the World Heavyweight Championship Match between Edge and Alberto Del Rio.

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by DangerousG

Originally Posted by 3dgarfly23

indifferent.gif

I hate triple threats and fatal four ways for main events at WM.....but it sounds right....if they go with Cena/Miz/Rock for the other main event.

i just watched the top 50 superstars of alltime on netflix, how hogan was #23 alltime
30t6p3b.gif

they had rey mysterio ahead of hogan
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

im pissed right now
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by onewearz

i just watched the top 50 superstars of alltime on netflix, how hogan was #23 alltime
30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

im pissed right now
laugh.gif

The rankings depend on who Vince and his minions likes at the moment.  I'm not gonna bother watching that. 

Originally Posted by KingJay718

onewearz wrote:

30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

im pissed right now
laugh.gif

The rankings depend on who Vince and his minions likes at the moment.  I'm not gonna bother watching that. 

they had terry funk and harley race ahead of hogan
30t6p3b.gif

cmon , nobody was bigger than hogan, i wont blow who's # 1 for those who wanna see it but even he wasn't bigger than hogan
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by 6 rings MJ

#1 was a better wrestler than Hogan

agreed but hogan made this industry and # 1 wouldn't be $%@% without hogan arguably ......

Hogan definitely needed to be rank higher.. alot higher # Flair too..

It's a joke that they actually rank Mysterio higher than both men..

love hogan or hate him, he deserved the #1 spot

he made wrestling popular

the pops he would get during the 80s/90s are unheard of

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Originally Posted by DangerousG

Originally Posted by 6 rings MJ

Christian deserve to be in the main event @ Wrestlemania

Not really.
How do you figure?
He's a good wrestler and the IWC loves him but cmon, he doesn't belong in that position. At least not this year. Most of it is due to Vince and the bookers for not getting behind him, but that doesn't change the fact. Have him accompany Edge to neutralize Rodriguez and then turn heel and screw Edge out of the title. Then that leads to the triple threat match at Backlash or w/e the next PPV is called. Sounds about right.

laugh.gif
at changing How do you figure to Oh word? Real life...

Vince and bookers not getting behind him? Have you even been watching Smackdown? Probably not.

He made it back from a serious injury during crunch time to give more intrigue to the edge/del rio feud. IF he makes it on the match.. he definitely deserves to be there.

Yeah, I really haven't made the time to watch it.

But he wasn't doing much before the injury, so it's kinda hard to believe that he would be able to build enough heat in the two weeks since EC to warrant inclusion in a WM main event when he had been nowhere close to that position before.

Has he been getting real heat on SD? And not just the piped in %+@@ they usually do on there too
laugh.gif

*Edit* Read some Smackdown reports and all he's really done since returning was do a couple of run-ins to save Edge, tagged with him in one match, and beat an NXT guy in another match. Has not delivered a single promo.

Back
Top Bottom